Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 95

Thread: Dear ESPN.. STFU with your un unnamed sources.

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    I am a florida gator...of course I was there looong before tebow...I am thankful of what he did for my Gators...he will always be remembered for that...but he is NOT a nfl QB.....I find it beyong absurd that tebow fans became broncos fans because he joined Denver...then they became jets fans when he came to NYC....that to be is beyond idiotic.



    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    The clown won't go NEAR this one, will it?!

    F*** Tebow fans! We don't want you weirdos making our JETS look any worse! Move along and take Sars with you!

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Is that like finishing third in a 3 man race??
    Funny , I thought it meant he was the 26th best ... Not the best.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    if you despise this team so much and you are glad tebow got away from them........then WHY even root for the jets....if you post NOTHING but negative, then why call yourself a fan.....lol

    I'm not calling myself a fan of the Jets at this point. If you will, it's very much like a break up. You don't just flick a switch and turn things off. It takes some time to completely detach from the relationship.


    WRT your statement about me posting "nothing but negative", actually, go back and look at my posts as of late. Most of them aren't negative towards the Jets, save for one or two replies in this thread. Concerning Geno, I haven't made up my mind on what I think of the pick. Take my initial post in this thread. I'm silent on my own thoughts about Geno. What I did was point out the silliness of some claims that were made.

    In another Geno thread where Mayock was getting unfairly hammered, I pointed out the flaws in the positions there as well, again without stating an opinion on Geno specifically.

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    I guess Demo unsubscribed from Jaguarfans.com. Do the Omaha Beef have a fan message board for him to sign up at?

    I'm sure the WWE has one, probably with Teblow threads already set up for our resident Tebow head bowers to post on

    Maybe he'll luck out and vie for the backup punt protector spot on a CFL team...


    anyhow, good luck Demo wherever you end up....Now go feed the bourbon

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I am a florida gator...of course I was there looong before tebow...I am thankful of what he did for my Gators...he will always be remembered for that...but he is NOT a nfl QB.....I find it beyong absurd that tebow fans became broncos fans because he joined Denver...then they became jets fans when he came to NYC....that to be is beyond idiotic.
    HA! I was mainly referring to the "Jets fans" that joined in March '12

    They have no clue what it really means to be a JETS fan! You know what I'm talking about.

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    What a total crock of crap. Most the guys who had him going top 10 just prior to the draft were predicting based on team needs. You know, where teams in dire need of a qb REACH and take one with a much higher pick than they should.

    And what is this "Top passer in NFL draft history" BS ?? Hell, Colt McCoy threw for more yards than Geno, so did fricking Brady Quinn. He wasn't even the leader in top career passing yards in this QB draft class, Landry Jones was.

    It's fine if people want to run to Geno's defense right now, but at least put forth something truthful instead of a bunch of BS.
    You know we cut Tebow. Check to see if his CFL team has a forum.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,387
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I am a florida gator...of course I was there looong before tebow...I am thankful of what he did for my Gators...he will always be remembered for that...but he is NOT a nfl QB.....I find it beyong absurd that tebow fans became broncos fans because he joined Denver...then they became jets fans when he came to NYC....that to be is beyond idiotic.
    It's not idiotic, but it is very childish, and pathetic. They're like a mob of hysterical little girls hoping to get a glimpse of him shirtless.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It's not idiotic, but it is very childish, and pathetic. They're like a mob of hysterical little girls hoping to get a glimpse of him shirtless.
    I went to training camp last summer. It was pathetic. All the gator hats and grown men doing that "chomping motion" like it was a Florida camp.

    Friggin ridiculous. We get it...he was a great NCAA player, like Archie Griffin and so many other Heisman winners. But he is lacking NFL ability.

  9. #49
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,387
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I went to training camp last summer. It was pathetic. All the gator hats and grown men doing that "chomping motion" like it was a Florida camp.

    Friggin ridiculous. We get it...he was a great NCAA player, like Archie Griffin and so many other Heisman winners. But he is lacking NFL ability.
    It's not even that so much as switching the teams you like. They are no different than the Farve fans that showed up here, only more pathetic. At least Farve was a HOF QB, and not a personal punt protector. Still, you don't switch teams after the age of 9.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I'm not calling myself a fan of the Jets at this point. If you will, it's very much like a break up. You don't just flick a switch and turn things off. It takes some time to completely detach from the relationship.


    WRT your statement about me posting "nothing but negative", actually, go back and look at my posts as of late. Most of them aren't negative towards the Jets, save for one or two replies in this thread. Concerning Geno, I haven't made up my mind on what I think of the pick. Take my initial post in this thread. I'm silent on my own thoughts about Geno. What I did was point out the silliness of some claims that were made.

    In another Geno thread where Mayock was getting unfairly hammered, I pointed out the flaws in the positions there as well, again without stating an opinion on Geno specifically.
    Thats because you were NEVER a fan of the Jets. Nobody cares what you think of the Jets or Geno. Nobody cares if you hate or love the Jets, just take your idol worship to whatever arena league or CFL team that Timmy may go to. You were a joke from day one and have made some of the dumber statements on this site in quite some time.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Thats because you were NEVER a fan of the Jets. Nobody cares what you think of the Jets or Geno. Nobody cares if you hate or love the Jets, just take your idol worship to whatever arena league or CFL team that Timmy may go to. You were a joke from day one and have made some of the dumber statements on this site in quite some time.

    Dude, as long as you and S3 continue to post here, no one else can really be accused of making some of the "dumber statements" as you two clowns pretty much have that market cornered.

  12. #52
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Dude, as long as you and S3 continue to post here, no one else can really be accused of making some of the "dumber statements" as you two clowns pretty much have that market cornered.
    get lost teblow Dud

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Dude, as long as you and S3 continue to post here, no one else can really be accused of making some of the "dumber statements" as you two clowns pretty much have that market cornered.
    Tell us again how drafting a LT in the first round is a "foolish draft strategy" because they are now devalued??? LOL.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Tell us again how drafting a LT in the first round is a "foolish draft strategy" because they are now devalued??? LOL.

    Hey cupcake, why don't you step the fark up and quote a post from me that says such a thing.

    part of your problem is that you apparently don't understand complexities, and unless something is very simple, in plain black and white, it goes right over your head.

    For example, in the thread about the diminishing importance of Left Tackle, the writer pointed out that Miami took Long and signed him to a $57.5 million dollar contract with a $30 million signing bonus. HIs Franchise tag value would have been $15.4 million for the year.

    According to OverTheCap, Eric Fisher's contract as the #1 pick should be in the neighborhood of $22.2 million over 4 years, or about $5.5 mil per year. Granted, math is not my best subject, but $5.5 mil per year is a hell of a lot less than $15.4 mil per year, wouldn't you say ?

    Adding to the "complexity" of the situation was this year's draft class. Yeah, you have to take that kind of **** into account. The QB class was very weak, to the point that only 1 QB was taken in the first round, 1 in the second and 1 in the third. How often does that happen ? Running Back class was also very weak which is why none were taken in the 1st round at all.

    Here's the funniest part of the whole thing and a point that makes you look extremely ignorant about the subject. You know those two left tackles who were taken with the #1 and #2 picks in the draft ? Fisher and Joeckel ? They are both being moved to RIGHT TACKLE.

    Now, do you want to open your mouth and say something else seriously stupid ? Or do you think you have displayed enough ignorance for today ?

  15. #55
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    you are NOT a Jets fans...that's why you are getting these responses...when die hard jets fans see someone who claimed to be a jets fan because of one player who is nothing more than a gimmick then get used to the beating. I am a Gator alum but tebow is barbage as an nfl QB....I know its hard but you need to move on.


    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Hey cupcake, why don't you step the fark up and quote a post from me that says such a thing.

    part of your problem is that you apparently don't understand complexities, and unless something is very simple, in plain black and white, it goes right over your head.

    For example, in the thread about the diminishing importance of Left Tackle, the writer pointed out that Miami took Long and signed him to a $57.5 million dollar contract with a $30 million signing bonus. HIs Franchise tag value would have been $15.4 million for the year.

    According to OverTheCap, Eric Fisher's contract as the #1 pick should be in the neighborhood of $22.2 million over 4 years, or about $5.5 mil per year. Granted, math is not my best subject, but $5.5 mil per year is a hell of a lot less than $15.4 mil per year, wouldn't you say ?

    Adding to the "complexity" of the situation was this year's draft class. Yeah, you have to take that kind of **** into account. The QB class was very weak, to the point that only 1 QB was taken in the first round, 1 in the second and 1 in the third. How often does that happen ? Running Back class was also very weak which is why none were taken in the 1st round at all.

    Here's the funniest part of the whole thing and a point that makes you look extremely ignorant about the subject. You know those two left tackles who were taken with the #1 and #2 picks in the draft ? Fisher and Joeckel ? They are both being moved to RIGHT TACKLE.

    Now, do you want to open your mouth and say something else seriously stupid ? Or do you think you have displayed enough ignorance for today ?

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    What a total crock of crap. Most the guys who had him going top 10 just prior to the draft were predicting based on team needs. You know, where teams in dire need of a qb REACH and take one with a much higher pick than they should.

    And what is this "Top passer in NFL draft history" BS ?? Hell, Colt McCoy threw for more yards than Geno, so did fricking Brady Quinn. He wasn't even the leader in top career passing yards in this QB draft class, Landry Jones was.

    It's fine if people want to run to Geno's defense right now, but at least put forth something truthful instead of a bunch of BS.
    Thank you Mark Suckchez!

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    One thing is certain.


    All those mentioned by Demo are better than Saint Timmy...worst QB in NFL history.

    Thank the Lord the Jets finally dustbinned him

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    you are NOT a Jets fans...that's why you are getting these responses...when die hard jets fans see someone who claimed to be a jets fan because of one player who is nothing more than a gimmick then get used to the beating. I am a Gator alum but tebow is barbage as an nfl QB....I know its hard but you need to move on.

    Jetsfreak, I really don't give a fark. I explained when I came here that while I am a Tebow fan, I'm also a "team first" guy. To that end, since Tebow played for the Jets, that made me a fan of the Jets.

    Thing is, people become "fans" of team for all sorts of reasons. Just for kicks, I did a quick search and found this:

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=57


    Beerfish

    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date: Aug 2004
    Posts: 19,039

    Wandered in here after Ricky Ray signed with the Jets as he had been the QB for my home town team the Edmonton Eskimos. Ray came back to Edmonton after getting his release and has been our starter ever since. I enjoyed the forums and the enthusiasm of the posters and thus I became a Jets fan.

    This one is along similar lines:
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=32

    Winstonbiggs
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date: Aug 2005
    Posts: 12,854

    65 wanted to see what all the fuss was about with Namath. Hooked first time I watched.
    Or how about this one ?
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=31

    Buzzsaw
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator
    Join Date: Jun 2004
    Posts: 26,251

    Sack Exchange fan in the early 80's. And I was a HUGE Al Toon fan when I got a little older.
    Or this one?
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=18

    RIJetFan
    All Pro
    Join Date: Sep 2005
    Posts: 5,827

    Wesley Walker and Bruce Harper, as much as anything.
    Or this one?

    crazyeffinjetsfan
    Having kids is like having a housefull of pet monkeys
    All League
    Join Date: Feb 2006
    Location: Middlesex County, NJ
    Posts: 3,301


    Yup....For me, it was the fu-manchu, fur coat and all the broads....He was like a rock star who could throw a football 70 yards.

    Or this one?

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=38

    chesapeakejet
    is a geek who loves football boardgames.
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date: Mar 2005
    Location: Virginia
    Posts: 24,479

    It was 1967 and I was a 10 year old channel surfing. I stumbled upon this football game and I could tell it wasn't the NFL. The game was being played in San Diego and the QB for the NY team had white shoes! WHITE SHOES! How cool was that?!?!?! I was hooked. This was NOT my daddy's league!


    Granted, many of you all became Jets fans due to geography, genetics or maybe just wanting to piss off family members who were Giants fans, what have you, but many other people came to be Jets fans via different paths. One of those paths being that they liked an individual player and as time went by, their attachment grew much stronger.

  19. #59
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Jetsfreak, I really don't give a fark. I explained when I came here that while I am a Tebow fan, I'm also a "team first" guy. To that end, since Tebow played for the Jets, that made me a fan of the Jets.

    Thing is, people become "fans" of team for all sorts of reasons. Just for kicks, I did a quick search and found this:

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=57




    This one is along similar lines:
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=32



    Or how about this one ?
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=31



    Or this one?
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=18



    Or this one?




    Or this one?

    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...5&postcount=38





    Granted, many of you all became Jets fans due to geography, genetics or maybe just wanting to piss off family members who were Giants fans, what have you, but many other people came to be Jets fans via different paths. One of those paths being that they liked an individual player and as time went by, their attachment grew much stronger.
    Yes but they were children...and Canadians. Are you saying you're a child? If so then what you're doing is fine.

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Hey cupcake, why don't you step the fark up and quote a post from me that says such a thing.

    part of your problem is that you apparently don't understand complexities, and unless something is very simple, in plain black and white, it goes right over your head.

    For example, in the thread about the diminishing importance of Left Tackle, the writer pointed out that Miami took Long and signed him to a $57.5 million dollar contract with a $30 million signing bonus. HIs Franchise tag value would have been $15.4 million for the year.

    According to OverTheCap, Eric Fisher's contract as the #1 pick should be in the neighborhood of $22.2 million over 4 years, or about $5.5 mil per year. Granted, math is not my best subject, but $5.5 mil per year is a hell of a lot less than $15.4 mil per year, wouldn't you say ?

    Adding to the "complexity" of the situation was this year's draft class. Yeah, you have to take that kind of **** into account. The QB class was very weak, to the point that only 1 QB was taken in the first round, 1 in the second and 1 in the third. How often does that happen ? Running Back class was also very weak which is why none were taken in the 1st round at all.

    Here's the funniest part of the whole thing and a point that makes you look extremely ignorant about the subject. You know those two left tackles who were taken with the #1 and #2 picks in the draft ? Fisher and Joeckel ? They are both being moved to RIGHT TACKLE.

    Now, do you want to open your mouth and say something else seriously stupid ? Or do you think you have displayed enough ignorance for today ?
    Will some teams continue to go after LTs in the first? Sure. Then again, some teams do silly stuff rather routinely.
    LOL....you are so lost and have your head so far up Timmy's a$$ you have no idea what is going on. How long do you think Fisher is going to play RT? You are a homeless fan right now because you worship one player, have fun watching become Timmy become a FB because he his career as a QB is over.

    The best part is that the Timmy fans like YOU are part of the reason that nobody wants anything to do with him on their team....LOL. Se ya Demos.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 05-06-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us