Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dear ESPN.. STFU with your un unnamed sources.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...looks like Demos and Suzy have been busy lately. These people are nuts.

Jags Fans File Petition To White House, Want Obama To Get Tebow Signed By GM
    May 6, 2013 12:33 PM

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Tim Tebow is currently out of work after being cut by the Jets last week.

He’s had offers from the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League, the Omaha Beef of the Champions Professional Indoor Football League and the Orlando Predators of the Arena League.

Heck, the Legends Football League — formerly the Lingerie Football League — wants him to be a quarterbacks coach.

But naturally, the former Heisman Trophy winner wants to play in the National Football League.

Many believed that the former first-round pick would catch on with his hometown Jacksonville Jaguars, but Jags GM Dave Caldwell squashed that possibility in January when he said that “I can’t imagine a scenario where (Tebow) will be a Jacksonville Jaguar.”

But Tebow supporters are far from satisfied, and they want the quarterback on an NFL roster.

In a desperate attempt to get the 25-year-old back in the league, Jaguars fans have filed a petition on the White House’s “We the People” website in an effort to get President Barack Obama to call Caldwell and demand that he agree to terms with Tebow.

The official petition reads: “Jacksonville Jaguars fans want the team to sign recently released QB Tim Tebow. However, rookie general manager for the Jacksonville Jaguars David Caldwell is blocking this from happening. If the Jaguars sign & START Tebow, home games will be sold out, sales will spike, the team will win and the fans will be happy. Mr. Caldwell is ignoring lots of facts about the misunderstood Tim Tebow while in Denver: Passer rating of 125.6 is highest ever in Broncos postseason history. Most yards per completion (31.6) in NFL playoff history.100.5 QB rating is best ever for a Broncos QB in his first start. Third most passing yards in a game by a Bronco rookie QB. (308, in his 2nd start), First 15+ point comeback in the final 3 minutes of an NFL game since the merger,7 game winning drives in just 16 games!”
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Delusion at it's finest. Yeah, Obama can just force an NFL GM to sign a player. Sure, tthat's how it works. And how is Caldwell 'blocking' this from happening? LOL! Somebody has to be doing something in order for someone else to block it. Unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL.....nice spin job clown. You were proven wrong once again.

It's not a spin job. Go back and read the article from the thread. They talked about things passing on freaking Adrian Petersen to take Joe Thomas. assing on Matt Ryan to take Jake Long.

Phil Savage's comments go right along with what I am saying:

Who would have ever predicted that when the Ravens made Oher their first-round pick in 2009? "If there's a great left tackle available, sure, people are still gonna take him," says Phil Savage, executive director of the Senior Bowl and former GM of the Browns. "But I absolutely think you're going to see more and more people rethink the idea of the left tackle as this top-notch, highest-paid, building block kind of player."
    THAT is the "context" of my reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Because as sh1tty as 8-8 was, its as good as Tebow has ever been? And he didn't put all 8 wins on the board?

If the Jets played in a division that sucked as bad as the division Tebow played in they might have backed into a division title and a playoff spot?
    He didn't put the 8 losses on the board either. Food for thought, but he was 7-4 regular season, which is a much better winning % than 8-8

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    This message board is filled with such hyperbole on all sides, which then goes on and on, burns out of control, and becomes a flame war.

Facts:
    1. Tebow is currently not an NFL-caliber QB, and would take years of development AND a team building players and a system around him. His throwing motion is slow and his progression reads are also slow. His accuracy also isn't outstanding. He can work within a system built for him, but not to fit into a pro-style offense. And, when it comes down to it, such gimmick systems DO do some damage, but always some playoff-caliber team figures it out and crushes it.

2. Tebow is a very good athlete. As a RB who could occasionally throw, he could do some damage if a team had a creative offensive coordinator, a good starting QB handing off the ball to him and an offensive line that can block. He could have a run/pass option.

3. Tebow is a likeable guy, and has natural born leader aspects about him. People like him.

4. Tebow is not the only open Christian in pro sports. If you look at every team in any major sport, you can find a large percentage of Christians, many of whom will talk about their belief/relationship with God and quite a few who have appeared on Christian television programs. But Tebow, for one reason or another, gets so much more hate from those who do not care for Christianity or flat-out hate it. LT was on the 700 Club, but he didn't get so much hate. To attack Tebow on his sup-par QB skills would be one thing, but when I see Christ-phobic slams all over the place just because the man is a Christian, that is highly bigoted, low-brow, low-IQ, hate-filled garbage, and it shouldn't be tolerated. Some of the comments, if you change the insult and direct it towards a handicapped person, a gay person, any other religion be it a Muslim, a Jew, or an ethnicity, nationality or skin tone, you'd be rightly reprimanded for it as intolerant and hateful. But, Christian-slams are ok? Nice, guys. Grow up and drop the hate.

5. Tebow is gone. No need to bash the man if you hated him and no need to bash the team if you loved him. Let's see what he does with the rest of his career and let that be that. Enough of this bashing. It's immature and lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I was taught you root for the uniform, not the name on the back of the uniform.

Why the frig would a talentless player of Tebows level change that? Because he says God Bless every few minutes?
    Go back and look at the quotes I posted from some of the past "How did you become a Jets fan" threads.

Quite a few "long time Jets fans" held in fairly high regard here DID become Jets fans because of specific players.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Go back and look at the quotes I posted from some of the past "How did you become a Jets fan" threads.

Quite a few "long time Jets fans" held in fairly high regard here DID become Jets fans because of specific players.
    Go away. Your golden boy is an unemployed loser and somehow 32 NFL GM's agree with me not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Delusion at it's finest. Yeah, Obama can just force an NFL GM to sign a player. Sure, tthat's how it works. And how is Caldwell 'blocking' this from happening? LOL! Somebody has to be doing something in order for someone else to block it. Unbelievable!
    Tim Tebow fans think Obama was grown in a lab by Al Queda in Africa. Ofcourse they think he has superpowers.

Yeah but those Jets fans became fans because they liked good players that played for the Jets.

Oh this is just too funny. The right wing extremists want big government to step in and save tebow. Can't make this stuff up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...ential-athlete

Tebowmania still strong as ever....WHY?????????????????????

Jets Insider VIP
    why are we still discussing this awful POS punt protector

He's GONE

THANK YOU LORD

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    why are we still discussing this awful POS punt protector

He's GONE

THANK YOU LORD
    Looks to me like the reason he is being discussed is that I made a post that had absolutely nothing to do with Tebow, nothing what so ever, and some of you whiny little *****es had to turn it into a Tebow discussion for some ****ed up reason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Looks to me like the reason he is being discussed is that I made a post that had absolutely nothing to do with Tebow, nothing what so ever, and some of you whiny little *****es had to turn it into a Tebow discussion for some ****ed up reason.
    ban

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    ban
    What ? For calling you all out ? Go back and look at my first post and explain how it has ANYTHING to do with Tebow. It doesn't.

But that didn't stop you all from bringing him into the conversation.

Funny thing is that you all were the one's who whined "everything's about Tebow".

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Oh, you mean when Sanchez led the Jets to an 8-8 season and were left sitting at home for the playoffs ? Why would I have wanted to be here then ??
    No, when Sanchez tied an NFL record with 4 road playoffs victories and 2 AFC Championship games.