Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear ESPN.. STFU with your un unnamed sources.

Dear ESPN.. STFU with your un unnamed sources.

"Geno Smith didn’t even know that he’s the top passer in NFL Draft history, having thrown for more college yards than anyone save for 26 players, from Dan Marino and John Elway, to Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, and RG III. Geno didn’t know this when I talked with him, and that’s of equal importance, because it questions who is doing his marketing for him."

**this was written Thursday before the draft**

http://www.zennie62blog.com/2013/04/...offense-38661/

there's your reason for firing his incompetent agents and for him to not even to know his own personal stats makes your spoiled brat article even less credible.

All of you at ESPN had him as a top 10 overall pick in the 1st round but as soon as he goes to the Jets.. here we go.. time to make up stories about a promising kid and sell those newspapers because you got the draft wrong. You are bandwagon sport journalists with your continuing "circus" references.

And if your unnamed source, happens to be someone from the buffalo bills organization covering his ass for not drafting Geno. I would be scared as well, playing him twice a year now. Plus, if i was meeting with the buffalo bills organization <-LMAO ... i would be texting on my phone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JUMBOJET View Post
    "Geno Smith didnít even know that heís the top passer in NFL Draft history, having thrown for more college yards than anyone save for 26 players, from Dan Marino and John Elway, to Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, and RG III. Geno didnít know this when I talked with him, and thatís of equal importance, because it questions who is doing his marketing for him."

there's your reason for firing his incompetent agents and for him to not even to know his own personal stats makes your spoiled brat article even less credible.

All of you at ESPN had him as a top 10 overall pick in the 1st round but as soon as he goes to the Jets.. here we go.. time to make up stories about a promising kid and sell those newspapers because you got the draft wrong. You are bandwagon sport journalists with your continuing "circus" references.

And if your unnamed source, happens to be someone from the buffalo bills organization covering his ass for not drafting Geno. I would be scared as well, playing him twice a year now. Plus, if i was meeting with the buffalo bills organization <-LMAO ... i would be texting on my phone as well.
    Totally agreed.

Don't forget who owns 80% of ESPN.....Disney. They can be forgiven from time to time for being in 'fantasy land."

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Don't forget who owns 80% of ESPN.....Disney. They can be forgiven from time to time for being in 'fantasy land."
    Disney is evil too. They have a secret society lol

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Disney is evil too. They have a secret society lol
    They bought then shut down Lucas Arts. That's all I have to know.

I think advising Geno not to play in the Senor Bowl was the real ignorant move that got them fired. I'm sure they told him he was going in the top 10, and playing could only hurt him. Dumb move, worthy of firing in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post

I think advising Geno not to play in the Senor Bowl was the real ignorant move that got them fired. I'm sure they told him he was going in the top 10, and playing could only hurt him. Dumb move, worthy of firing in my opinion.
    this

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Good point if your the consensus first QB pick why risk a possible bad showing or injury.. On the other hand if your really good never lose a chance to show it..
    Last edited by Savage69; 05-04-2013 at 01:21 PM.

As funny as the OP sounds, he's 100% right.

Well done.

"Geno Smith didnít even know that heís the top passer in NFL Draft history, having thrown for more college yards than anyone save for 26 players...
    LOL The "save for 26 players" part never made it to Geno on this video. At 1:46 on this vid, the reporter grossly misinforms Geno, telling him that he was number 1 in career passing yards...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrex View Post
    LOL The "save for 26 players" part never made it to Geno on this video. At 1:46 on this vid, the reporter grossly misinforms Geno, telling him that he was number 1 in career passing yards...
    Is that like finishing third in a 3 man race??

Yep, we got the steal of the draft. Jets fan need to ignore the media trying to tear this kid apart before he even finishes reading the playbook.

Glad he's on our team.

AWESOME!

"Geno Smith didnít even know that heís the top passer in NFL Draft history, having thrown for more college yards than anyone save for 26 players, from Dan Marino and John Elway, to Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, and RG III. Geno didnít know this when I talked with him, and thatís of equal importance, because it questions who is doing his marketing for him."

What a total crock of crap. Most the guys who had him going top 10 just prior to the draft were predicting based on team needs. You know, where teams in dire need of a qb REACH and take one with a much higher pick than they should.

And what is this "Top passer in NFL draft history" BS ?? Hell, Colt McCoy threw for more yards than Geno, so did fricking Brady Quinn. He wasn't even the leader in top career passing yards in this QB draft class, Landry Jones was.

It's fine if people want to run to Geno's defense right now, but at least put forth something truthful instead of a bunch of BS.

Jets Insider VIP

This 100%

Hence Smith's move to fire his agents was a sound business move and not an rash irrational act.....

Amazing how being drafted by the Jets makes you a joke and crazy....

Now if we step back we can see what other players on the Jets have been going through....

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    What a total crock of crap. Most the guys who had him going top 10 just prior to the draft were predicting based on team needs. You know, where teams in dire need of a qb REACH and take one with a much higher pick than they should.

And what is this "Top passer in NFL draft history" BS ?? Hell, Colt McCoy threw for more yards than Geno, so did fricking Brady Quinn. He wasn't even the leader in top career passing yards in this QB draft class, Landry Jones was.

It's fine if people want to run to Geno's defense right now, but at least put forth something truthful instead of a bunch of BS.
    Still pissed about Tebow? you have ZERO credibility here, ZERO.

Jets Insider VIP

Have you joined the Omaha Beef fans message board yet?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Still pissed about Tebow? you have ZERO credibility here, ZERO.
    Nah, not pissed about the Tebow thing at all. I don't get pissed when a baby craps it's diaper or a little kid uses crayon on the wall. It's just what they do and they don't know any better.

Similarly, I view the Jets organization and many of you guys here the same way. Kind of like when you some of you all claim "Tebow had his chance, but he couldn't beat Sanchez last year", as if the kid was ever given a shot.

Hell, I'm actually kind of glad that he managed to get away from this team.

As for my supposed lack of credibility here, that's understandable because guys like you seeming have no understanding of critical or logical thought. Seriously, the next time a good/smart idea or comment comes out of your mouth, it will be the first to have done so in quite a while.

Now run along sunshine and go find someone more on your level to play with. I'd suggest a group of third graders as a place to start.

Nah, not pissed about the Tebow thing at all. I don't get pissed when a baby craps it's diaper or a little kid uses crayon on the wall. It's just what they do and they don't know any better.

Similarly, I view the Jets organization and many of you guys here the same way. Kind of like when you some of you all claim "Tebow had his chance, but he couldn't beat Sanchez last year", as if the kid was ever given a shot.

Hell, I'm actually kind of glad that he managed to get away from this team.

As for my supposed lack of credibility here, that's understandable because guys like you seeming have no understanding of critical or logical thought. Seriously, the next time a good/smart idea or comment comes out of your mouth, it will be the first to have done so in quite a while.

Now run along sunshine and go find someone more on your level to play with. I'd suggest a group of third graders as a place to start.
    Or maybe I could post on a message board of a team I know nothing about and root for a player that NO NFL team would give a 7th round pick for.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Or maybe I could post on a message board of a team I know nothing about and root for a player that NO NFL team would give a 7th round pick for.
    h, right, yeah. The Jets are so super secretive and only long time fans can really know anything about them. I mean, they so clearly hide the complete dysfunction from top to bottom. It's not like they had a malcontent WR get thrown out of a huddle and benched without the coach's knowledge. It's not like anyone knew that said coach "lost the pulse of the locker room". It's not like the many outsiders thought that Sanchez was coddled and that the coach/fo was still enamored with him for some stupid reason.

Yeah, I followed a player here when he was traded to this team. So f'ing what ? Go back and check through my early postings here where I said that Sanchez should start and it would be good for Tebow to get a year to develop.

You and a bunch of other dolts around here have it in your mind that this place was swamped by Tebots demanding that he start. That clearly wasn't the case and that you think it was says a lot about you.