Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Historically, What do JI Naysayers do?

Historically, What do JI Naysayers do?

The current Sanchez situation can't be unique. Even though the majority say Sanchez will start, (not saying they say he'll be great), the loudest are the bashers.

Just curious to hear from the old timers, say 2007 and earlier, what the naysayers do when their predictions don't come to fruition. That is, if Sanchez turns around and we end up in the playoffs... do they admit they were wrong and jump on board? Do they claim lucky streak and continue to predict failure? So much emotion here that must have come before, where does it go?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Honestly, I dont think ive seen such a "turnaroud to greatness" before, it would be truly groundbreaking.

Does it really matter?

Even if Sanchez plays poorly and is cut, the Sanchez supporters will say the Jets ruined the kid...

So being a Sanchez supporter is a no lose position... A good place to be.

Personally, I think he was never very good.
    With that, if he lights the world on fire, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    The current Sanchez situation can't be unique. Even though the majority say Sanchez will start, (not saying they say he'll be great), the loudest are the bashers.

Just curious to hear from the old timers, say 2007 and earlier, what the naysayers do when their predictions don't come to fruition. That is, if Sanchez turns around and we end up in the playoffs... do they admit they were wrong and jump on board? Do they claim lucky streak and continue to predict failure? So much emotion here that must have come before, where does it go?
    Oh, we have very recent proof of this. The answer?

They run and hide like scared little girls.

All summer long the Blind Homers followed their Pied Piper Rex Ryan all over Jets Insider. "Best team he's ever had!" "Unstoppable defense!" "Rex will get those rookies to perform!" "Tim Tebow will be Brad Smith times two!" "We're going 12-4, maybe even 13-3!"

Endless thread upon thread, Blind Homer propaganda shoved down our throats, meaningful realistic discussion cast aside, a never-ending barrage of comments against anyone who disagreed with their ridiculous faux optimism. Called us "trolls". Called us "SOJF's". Called us "bad fans". Seems like if you didn't have something nice to say about the Jets, well, get out, go away, can't have that here. Was awful.

And just as I said last July, once Halloween came around, they all got quiet. And once Thanksgiving came around, they disappeared. Was such a nice Christmas, even a great New Year's. But then the draft comes, and then the cycle repeats itself. They use the draft as the "we have fixed all our problems!" moment and again try to shove their 12-4 agenda's down our throats. No apologies. No admittance that they were dead wrong. Nope.

Run and hide like little girls in November, emerge like the phoenix as if everything's fixed in April. Clockwork.

SAR I

All Pro

I'd say it's time to cut your losses on this one, and figure out what the yaysayers do now. I thought he was on the right track in 2010, but needed a better OC, and QB coach. We switched OC one year too late, and it looks like we decided to go the other way and see how he'd fare with a worse OC, and a Tebow. See if we could break his spirit. Well we could, and we did surprisingly easily. I thought he would have a little more fight in him.

Now it's time to move on to seeing what the naysayers will say when they're wrong about Rex, and Geno. You'd have to go man, by man, and I could probably tell you how they'll react. Some of them would certainly never except any proof. Some Sorry long time posters will likely hang themselves with a designer belt, or asphyxiate themselves with a BMW if Rex, and Geno win a SB while Sanchez backs up Garrard.

Thumbs up

I am blaming all of Sanchez's problems of last season on Tony Sparano/Soprano.

There is just no way a kid like Sanchez takes us to the AFC Championship game in TWO CONSECUTIVE seasons, and then all of a sudden becomes a total spastic-retard the next season.

That just isnt possible to me...

I think that with Sparano gone, 2010-2011 Sanchez shows back up this September...I hope.

Yours truly,

Baddniss T. Homer
    5-4-13

To the OP, most of us here, with the exception of a few trolls who prefer losing and the joyful trolling it brings them, want to win.

If Sanchez turns it around and plays great, we'll ALL be happy about it, because it'll mean we're winning, or at least playing better. Some will admit being wrong, regardless of if they were or weren't. Some won't. Some supporters will crow about right all along, regardless of if they were or weren't. Some won't. Same as any forum on any topic.

In the end, who cares what people predict on a messabe board? There is no score keeping after all, only memorable claims from the more memorable posters. Most posters are anonymous, and their prdictions lost to memory not long after they're made. In any event, if one's first thought after a big win or loss is to come here and get all toldyaso with other posters for being right/wrong about x or y, their priorities are in the wrong place.

Whatever makes the Jets better and win more games, we want. We simply disagree on what that is in many cases.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post

There is just no way a kid like Sanchez takes us to the AFC Championship game in TWO CONSECUTIVE seasons, and then all of a sudden becomes a total spastic-retard the next season.

I think that with Sparano gone, 2010-2011 Sanchez shows back up this September...I hope.

Yours truly,

Baddniss T. Homer
    5-4-13
    And there you go.

Does not take a degree in rocket scientry to see that Mark Sanchez' growth was destroyed by the worst OC in the league leading the worst talent in the league.

SAR I

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Does not take a degree in rocket scientry to see that Mark Sanchez' growth was destroyed by the worst OC in the league leading the worst talent in the league.

SAR I
    How did you guess what my major was in college?

How did you guess what my major was in college?
    LOL, was a seminar once and the speaker made a rocket scientist comment... someone in the audience raised their hand and said:

"I'm a rocket scientist and I don't get the big deal... We stuff a bunch of explosives in a tube and light it... not so hard"

Wink

LOL...I've never met anyone who actually WAS a rocket scientist...dont think there are too many of them hanging around at Jet games, or on Jets message-boards...

Yours truly,

Baddniss T. Homer
    5-4-13
    That magical season of 2010 where Mark Sanchez's QB rating of 75.3 was 37th among all QBs that threw the ball at least 50 times.

Dream big.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    they will just find something else to gripe about...if sanchez does start and takes us to the playoffs who the heck would be complaining lol.....at the end of the day I just want the Jets to win....regardless of who the qb is....I think if healthy Garrard will win the job....there are many jets fans such as myself who are just rational football fans...for me its about this year...I do not gripe about the past...about failures etc...for me this is a new year...new players etc...something to look forward to. There are some who revel in the negative...that's their prerogative....that however does not sum up every jets fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I have my doubts about sanchez because even in 09-10 he was not exactly a world beater....I will say this much though...if he starts in 2013, there is no way he looks anything like last years debacle.

Yours truly,

Baddniss T. Homer
    5-4-13

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    That magical season of 2010 where Mark Sanchez's QB rating of 75.3 was 37th among all QBs that threw the ball at least 50 times.
    You are probably big on Fantasy Football...where stats are everything, and WINNING games means nothing...

WE WENT TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME TWICE IN CONSECUTIVE SEASONS! Stats have zero value compared to that sentence.
    They mean NOTHING compared to real game results of winning or losing. Like our friend Hermie says: "You play to win the game".I couldnt care less about stats.
    Get my team to The Championship Game...that's my reality...

I have been "outed" as a NY Jets Homer, and I should seek help for this dangerous condition...
    Last edited by Baddniss; 05-05-2013 at 10:13 AM.

All summer long the Blind Homers followed their Pied Piper Rex Ryan all over Jets Insider. "Best team he's ever had!" "Unstoppable defense!" "Rex will get those rookies to perform!" "Tim Tebow will be Brad Smith times two!" "We're going 12-4, maybe even 13-3!"

Endless thread upon thread, Blind Homer propaganda shoved down our throats, meaningful realistic discussion cast aside, a never-ending barrage of comments against anyone who disagreed with their ridiculous faux optimism. Called us "trolls". Called us "SOJF's". Called us "bad fans". Seems like if you didn't have something nice to say about the Jets, well, get out, go away, can't have that here. Was awful.

And just as I said last July, once Halloween came around, they all got quiet. And once Thanksgiving came around, they disappeared. Was such a nice Christmas, even a great New Year's. But then the draft comes, and then the cycle repeats itself. They use the draft as the "we have fixed all our problems!" moment and again try to shove their 12-4 agenda's down our throats. No apologies. No admittance that they were dead wrong. Nope.

Run and hide like little girls in November, emerge like the phoenix as if everything's fixed in April. Clockwork.

SAR I
    Wow ... A SAR post that actually reflects reality! This post is spot on ... Blind faith followers are as impossible to deal with as the ardent haters on this board. Once it becomes clear that the predictions of one side have prevailed ... All the arguings ceases until around March.

And there you go.

SAR I
    Doesn't take a degree in anything to see that he was never above average ... From day one.

SAR I
    Spot on.

Jets Insider VIP
    To the OP you can find your answer right in the posts you see in this very thread!!!!

If Sanchez were to have a stellar year better than he ever has and he was top 15 in statistics for all NFL QBs there are some out here who would still find fault with him and complain....

At the end of the day some of us would rather be right then win and that just is they way it is....

Hall Of Fame

Who cares what four or five vocal idiots do?