View Poll Results: How does the Jets brain trust really feel about Rex?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lame duck, he'll be gone in 2014

9 10.23%
  • His status is up in the air depending on 2013. He'll get a fair shot.

53 60.23%
  • Woody loves him. I think he's the coach going forward for at least a few years.

26 29.55%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you think Woody/Idzik REALLY feel about Rex?

All Pro

How do you think Woody/Idzik REALLY feel about Rex?

I've gone back and forth on what I think Rex's status really is with the Jets brain trust. On some levels Woody has always loved Rex and obviously decided not to fire him. He's praised him publicly and obviously he's coached up some great defenses here. On the other hand he's been reigned in and there have been reports Woody didn't want to get rid of him with so much money remaining on his contract. Some have speculated that Rex's status is much like Lovie Smith's last year -- let him play out the season before the new GM cans him and brings in his own guy.

What do you think is the feeling on Rex? Is a lame duck head coach poised to take the fall for a bad season before Idzik hires "his guy?" Is his status up in the air depending on this seasons results, with a fair chance to keep his job without doing something superhuman? Is he Woody's guy, here for the long haul no matter what?

Undrafted Free Agent
    All I know is Rex better start prayin' that His team makes the playoff or he's gone

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

DUMP

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    DUMP
    Why? It's a completely legitimate question worth debating. The outcome will also shape the future of the organization.

I don't think he's automatically gone. In fact, the announcement about moving Coples to a new position tells me Rex has more influence that we thought (hoped). Why would you screw with a player's head by moving him out of position, then bring in a new coach next year who may move him right back? Rex is here at least 2 more seasons.

All League
    The draft should tell you all you needed to know about his influence. Drafting defense early and giving him a new QB means he has a fresh start.

Rex gets an extension after he exceeds expectations with his "expansion team" roster and wins 6-7 games.

Depends on the performance.

Playoffs and he's back. No playoffs and he's gone.

Simple.

Can't keep someone who hasn't made the postseason in three years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Why? It's a completely legitimate question worth debating. The outcome will also shape the future of the organization.
    careful...he'll call you a non JETS fan.

He is the curator of all that a REAL JETS fan is.

I have him on basic self control ignore.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Depends on the performance.

Playoffs and he's back. No playoffs and he's gone.

Simple.

I think if the team plays hard..he's good.

We should have won in Texas, NE, Tenn and at least one other game and none of those losses were on REX. We had a good game plan but Mark and or the offense let us down.

Really we need Rex to let the GM do their job and the OC do his job and stay the fukk out of it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    No one expects them to make the playoffs. You have analysts calling them an expansion team with a bottom 3 roster in the league. I think if a coach exceeds expectations with the talent he's given, he's doing a good job.

All Pro
    I think it was Woody's, but especially Tanny's, wish that Rex be the attention getting mouthpiece for the team and hired because he was capable of doing so. People that think (or wish) he will be fired for doing exactly what he was asked to do are unrealistic. I think Woody realized how badly that approach backfired on him, but if they had won the SB as planned, then it would have bee water under the bridge. And now that it has backfired, he (and Idzik) are taking the opposite approach and as you can see Rex is, once again, doing exactly as told. In that case, why would he get fired?

All League
    I think Woody loves him, which is why he's still on the team despite the rest of the organization being cleaned up. I am not sure how Izdik feels about him.

Rex is safe, it's the OC's fault.

All League
    SAR.... what are your thoughts on this?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    SAR.... what are your thoughts on this?
    If you don't know his feelings on the subject than you sir are a moron. Justvlook at all his previous posts *****ing about rex and our new gm. We don't need to hewr the same **** again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    If you don't know his feelings on the subject than you sir are a moron. Justvlook at all his previous posts *****ing about rex and our new gm. We don't need to hewr the same **** again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    lighten up

What part of Woody's public support for Rex does everyone not understand? Why does everything here have to be about some conspiracy theory?

This thread is all about posters who hate Rex for any and all illogical reasons. They cannot, under any circumstances, take Woody's words for face value. That would be admitting they were WRONG. The only problem is...

EVERYONE already knows they are WRONG.

Rex is here for the long haul. He's a good HC that is going to get an extension barring some unforeseen collapse from the team.

I again remind the Rex must go crowd that, most of the crappy past two years problems can be laid squarely at the feet of our QB. No doubt Rex has made mistakes , even those of us who believe he really is the long term answer will admit that. Yet, he is learning and he has produced one of the best defense in the league every year he has been here. Even those of you who want him gone have to admit that. So having said that, if we can actually have an offense that can control the ball and not just continue to turn it over or spend most of the game doing three and outs and keep that defense on the field, we might just have something. This will be the first year since Rex was hired that he has someone I the other side of the ball who just might have a clue as well. It is my hope that with some stronger leadership under center, not named Sanchez and the ever improving defense many detractors will begin to see the light and understand that Rex is really a serious person when it come to the game of pro football and a hell of a lot smarter than many other HC's out there working now or thinking about working again.
    Last edited by fltflo; 05-05-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Why do you think they think the same? Bad poll question dude... like "do you still beat your wife?" yes or no.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Why do you think they think the same? Bad poll question dude... like "do you still beat your wife?" yes or no.
    Well, if they disagree but Woody overrules Idzik who cares what Idzik thinks?

If they disagree but Woody gives Idzik the power who care what Woody thinks?

The question is the direction the franchise will be going.