Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I swear JI has turned into....

Jets Insider VIP

I swear JI has turned into....

Is it just me or has JI turned into a place more depressing than a coffee and smoking chatter between 2 divorced 40 something year old women. Everything is negativity. "Geno is a bust" "Clown Show" etc..... What happened to optimism at JI?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Is it just me or has JI turned into a place more depressing than a coffee and smoking chatter between 2 divorced 40 something year old women. Everything is negativity. "Geno is a bust" "Clown Show" etc..... What happened to optimism at JI?
    Because Rex Ryan is still here, the true rebuilding has been delayed by a year.

As such, with the person most responsible for our decay still at the helm, it's a depressing Year To Nowhere. There is no doubt we need a year where we shed cap and transition to new players- that's needed and well underway. The issue is that this year's entire coaching staff is as lame duck as its head coach. So not only will we have a new head coach next season, its highly likely that next season we will have our 4th OC in 4 years too.

The polarization at quarterback never ends and it's exhausting. Pennington and Clemens. Sanchez and Tebow. Sanchez and Smith. And it's chicken and egg- does Mark Sanchez suck or did we ruin him? Did we take the QB we've been waiting 40 years for and destroy him with neglect or was he a giant tease in '09 and '10? And how can we even know the answer considering how bad the offense is, the awful WR's and TE's, the potentially unchanged running game and OL, the 3rd OC in 3 years.

There's nothing to come of this season because Rex Ryan is still here. That's depressing enough. The fact that we drafted for defense again, ignored the skill positions again, took a reach on a quarterback no one else wanted, and are led by a GM no one else wanted, sorry, it's depression-city in Florham Park.

We're all good fans, we're all supporting the team, but knowing that just a few months ago we were an elite AFC team and now are in limbo because the post-Ryan rebuild hasn't begun just pushes us over the edge.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 05-05-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

As such, with the person most responsible for our decay still at the helm, it's a depressing Year To Nowhere. There is no doubt we need a year where we shed cap and transition to new players- that's needed and well underway. The issue is that this year's entire coaching staff is as lame duck as its head coach. So not only will we have a new head coach next season, its highly likely that next season we will have our 4th OC in 4 years too.

There's nothing to come of this season because Rex Ryan is still here. That's depressing enough. The fact that we drafted for defense again, ignored the skill positions again, took a reach on a quarterback no one else wanted, and are led by a GM no one else wanted, sorry, it's depression-city in Florham Park.

We're all good fans, we're all supporting the team, but knowing that just a few months ago we were an elite AFC team and now are in limbo because the post-Ryan rebuild hasn't begun just pushes us over the edge.

SAR I
    Has the ever been a Jets coach you liked?

SAR I
    Exhibit A tool bag is the first to respond. Oh the irony!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Has the ever been a Jets coach you liked?
    In my lifetime, Bill Parcells. Because he was a proven success and the only non-rookie we've ever been given.

I can't say Rex Ryan '09 and '10 despite his success because we knew he had a lot to learn about offense and he never even tried. He's my favorite defensive coordinator, my least favorite head coach. He's lazy and undisciplined. Never lived up to his potential.

SAR I

i'm psyched for the season, very happy with Idzik's personnel moves thus far, and couldn't care less about Jets fans who are moping.

you need a girlfriend...

Hall Of Fame
    SAR, rookie coaches are the way to go. We just haven't picked the right one yet. No SB winning coach has ever won a SB with another team. Although there have been coaches to win SBs at their second jobs (Dungy, Gruden).

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    i'm psyched for the season, very happy with Idzik's personnel moves thus far, and couldn't care less about Jets fans who are moping.
    I agree; I'm looking foward to going to Cortdland this year to checkout TC. We should have a much improve OL. A good running core, health WRs, a lot of UDFA who could make the team.

Then there's the QB competition and daily reports etc. Game 1 against Tampa with Revis should be a great way to start the season. Everything's good.

This board uses the Mike Francesa model to a tee.

Rile everyone up, make outrageous comments, get people to respond to the negativity.

If you checked IP's I'd bet there's troll accounts on here. Has to be.

Banned
    We have a walking turnover machine as a QB, and can't get rid of him. That dims every other aspect of the team, no matter how positive.

Throw in a local sports media that loves to pick on a fanbase that's largely made up of people who are dumber than Helen Keller, and you have the current situation in Jetland.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    If you checked IP's I'd bet there's troll accounts on here. Has to be.
    Uh Obviously. Like 90% of the high volume posters are troll accounts or mods.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/me...rt=posts&pp=30

With last years schedule we should have won 10,11 games. this year might be extremely brutal.

Jets Insider VIP

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    you need a girlfriend...

When has the Jets franchise given us a reason to be optimistic?

If you're optimistic with this franchise you're beating your head into the wall almost every single season. If you're level headed you know what to expect and the bad seasons don't hurt as much and the rare good ones surprise. It's a win-win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    DITTO. People like SAR just need attention! This is a Jets board not a SAR board! I think we had a very nice draft! I think Garrard can help the Jets. If all we have is negativity, why watch any games? I expect that we will win 8 games and look much better then we did last year.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 05-05-2013 at 06:48 PM.

It's going to be a rough year

That's really all there is to it. The board will be in a better place once the team is in a better place, and unfortunately this season is a necessary step in the process of returning to relevance.

I won't go as far as SAR goes in his ongoing crusade against Ryan, but I agree with the general point...the board is negative because we're about to go through a very bad season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    SAR, rookie coaches are the way to go. We just haven't picked the right one yet. No SB winning coach has ever won a SB with another team. Although there have been coaches to win SBs at their second jobs (Dungy, Gruden).
    Bowl no but Bowl and NFL Championship yes..

Jets Insider VIP

The polarization at quarterback never ends and it's exhausting. Pennington and Clemens. Sanchez and Tebow. Sanchez and Smith. And it's chicken and egg- does Mark Sanchez suck or did we ruin him? Did we take the QB we've been waiting 40 years for and destroy him with neglect or was he a giant tease in '09 and '10? And how can we even know the answer considering how bad the offense is, the awful WR's and TE's, the potentially unchanged running game and OL, the 3rd OC in 3 years.

SAR I
    24, this should pretty much answer your question.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

SAR I

You are, by far, the most negative poster on this board. If you're not complaining about Rex Ryan you're complaining about the crowd at MetLife. If you're not complaining about posters being mean to you you complain about how the Hampur made your "humor" irrelevant. You're a black cloud, and THAT'S tiring.