Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I swear JI has turned into....

Banned
    I just want a fricking super bowl before I die please. I think Sar does also (before he dies too) it would be nice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
    I just want a fricking super bowl before I die please. I think Sar does also (before he dies too) it would be nice.
    Whatever you do don't go giving posters a choice between a bowl and Sar kicking the bucket now..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Whatever you do don't go giving posters a choice between a bowl and Sar kicking the bucket now..
    Its all Sars fault the Gate D spiral was closed down. did you know that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
    Its all Sars fault the Gate D spiral was closed down. did you know that?
    Well he couldn't compete with all the flashing that was going on..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Well he couldn't compete with all the flashing that was going on..
    He would encourage young women to expose themselves at halftime! what a heathen!

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Is it just me or has JI turned into a place more depressing than a coffee and smoking chatter between 2 divorced 40 something year old women. Everything is negativity. "Geno is a bust" "Clown Show" etc..... What happened to optimism at JI?
    YES... This place has taken a serious step backward. What I'm finding to be the weirdest is that I am one of the more optimistic posters at this point in time. 4 years ago they were calling me doom and gloom. Now my title has been stolen.

Anyhow posters should think it would be easy to ignore certain posters because all they do is annoy. They know who they are.

besides for the 2 years where we went to AFC Championship games this board is always mostly negative. This is nothing new.

Jets Insider VIP
    It didn't take more than the first post by the OP for SCHTICK I to arrive trolling and hijack it into a discussion calling attention to HIM

Sadly I and the large number of Jet fans ignoring HIS LAMENESS were forced to read his same old drivel because other posters continue to quote him in responses

Rookie
    congrats all, another inane thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You are, by far, the most negative poster on this board. If you're not complaining about Rex Ryan you're complaining about the crowd at MetLife. If you're not complaining about posters being mean to you you complain about how the Hampur made your "humor" irrelevant. You're a black cloud, and THAT'S tiring.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Because Rex Ryan is still here, the true rebuilding has been delayed by a year.

As such, with the person most responsible for our decay still at the helm, it's a depressing Year To Nowhere. There is no doubt we need a year where we shed cap and transition to new players- that's needed and well underway. The issue is that this year's entire coaching staff is as lame duck as its head coach. So not only will we have a new head coach next season, its highly likely that next season we will have our 4th OC in 4 years too.

The polarization at quarterback never ends and it's exhausting. Pennington and Clemens. Sanchez and Tebow. Sanchez and Smith. And it's chicken and egg- does Mark Sanchez suck or did we ruin him? Did we take the QB we've been waiting 40 years for and destroy him with neglect or was he a giant tease in '09 and '10? And how can we even know the answer considering how bad the offense is, the awful WR's and TE's, the potentially unchanged running game and OL, the 3rd OC in 3 years.

There's nothing to come of this season because Rex Ryan is still here. That's depressing enough. The fact that we drafted for defense again, ignored the skill positions again, took a reach on a quarterback no one else wanted, and are led by a GM no one else wanted, sorry, it's depression-city in Florham Park.

We're all good fans, we're all supporting the team, but knowing that just a few months ago we were an elite AFC team and now are in limbo because the post-Ryan rebuild hasn't begun just pushes us over the edge.

SAR I
    You are the Rex Ryan of JI

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    You are the Rex Ryan of JI

LMAO!!!

GOOD ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Is it just me or has JI turned into a place more depressing than a coffee and smoking chatter between 2 divorced 40 something year old women. Everything is negativity. "Geno is a bust" "Clown Show" etc..... What happened to optimism at JI?
    People are allowed to write whatever they want. There are many great posters on JI, but you're right, a lot of sour pusses and anchors. Just ignore who you can't stand, and try to enjoy yourself. It's a good place.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can we trade SAR for TX?

Seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Can we trade SAR for TX?

Seriously
    Very lopsided trade in the board's favor. TX has wit. And I agree with John---this is a good place. I'm in my 60's now, been a fan for as long as Savage, and for me every year is a hopeful, exciting beginning. I haven't got time for the negative, so I focus on the positive posters. And there are a whole lot of them. This will be a fun season, I think. Really looking forward to it.

The Landing Strip tends to rise and fall along with the fortunes of the team. Both are now at a low.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You are, by far, the most negative poster on this board. If you're not complaining about Rex Ryan you're complaining about the crowd at MetLife. If you're not complaining about posters being mean to you you complain about how the Hampur made your "humor" irrelevant. You're a black cloud, and THAT'S tiring.
    Oh, so we're being honest?

I thought the moderators job was to protect posters, not join in the pile-on.

Silly me.

Negativity is not a crime on Jets Insider. But I'll tell you what is: Being named a moderator and spending 99% of your time in the Hangar acting like a child instead of spending 99% of your time on the Landing Strip which, for all intents and purposes, is currently unmoderated and needs your help.

I am a poster with an opinion. I am never active in more than 3 threads at a time. I stay on topic. Like everyone else, I speak what's on my mind. You have allowed a culture to permeate Jets Insider which is unhealthy. By being a moderator who has been sucked into the Hangar vortex you socialize with the very people who you let run amok on the Landing Strip. That goofy immaturity, those inside jokes, that's spilled over here in the worst way possible.

The reason I seem to be alone in my realistic opinions is because everyone else was run off JI by the 5 posters that you allow to poison the well. I am fine ignoring them, am quite noble in falling on that sword on a daily basis instead of fighting back and causing more decay, but it gets really tiresome for everyone else to sift though and shouldn't be allowed to continue. But hey, just call me a name like a child would, go start another Hangar thread bemoaning the erosion of the Landing Strip and don't do anything to fix it.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 05-05-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Silly me.

Negativity is not a crime on Jets Insider. But I'll tell you what is: Being named a moderator and spending 99% of your time in the Hangar acting like a child instead of spending 99% of your time on the Landing Strip which, for all intents and purposes, is currently unmoderated and needs your help.

I am a poster with an opinion. I am never active in more than 3 threads at a time. I stay on topic. Like everyone else, I speak what's on my mind. You have allowed a culture to permeate Jets Insider which is unhealthy. By being a moderator who has been sucked into the Hangar vortex you socialize with the very people who you let run amok on the Landing Strip. That goofy immaturity, those inside jokes, that's spilled over here in the worst way possible.

The reason I seem to be alone in my realistic opinions is because everyone else was run off JI by the 5 posters that you allow to poison the well. I am fine ignoring them, am quite noble in falling on that sword on a daily basis instead of fighting back and causing more decay, but it gets really tiresome for everyone else to sift though and shouldn't be allowed to continue. But hey, just call me a name like a child would, go start another Hangar thread bemoaning the erosion of the Landing Strip and don't do anything to fix it.

SAR I

"I stay on topic in all threads..."

"I'm so much more mature than the masses..."

"Everyone picks on me without provocation..."

You're a legend in your own mind.

Jets Insider VIP

Silly me.

SAR I
    You suck at the internet. Throw your computer away.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    You suck at the internet. Throw your computer away.
    That made me lol