Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I swear JI has turned into....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are such wicked meanies on this board.

As Linda Ronstadt sang---poor, poor, pitiful me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    We have a walking turnover machine as a QB, and can't get rid of him. That dims every other aspect of the team, no matter how positive.

Throw in a local sports media that loves to pick on a fanbase that's largely made up of people who are dumber than Helen Keller, and you have the current situation in Jetland.
    I love how the disaster that is known as Sanchez has detracted from all Santonio chatter. If Sanchez was not the disaster that he is, we would be clamoring about the 50 million dollar joke that is Santonio Holmes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    You are, by far, the most negative poster on this board. If you're not complaining about Rex Ryan you're complaining about the crowd at MetLife. If you're not complaining about posters being mean to you you complain about how the Hampur made your "humor" irrelevant. You're a black cloud, and THAT'S tiring.
    Perfectly said.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Oh, so we're being honest?

I thought the moderators job was to protect posters, not join in the pile-on.

Silly me.

Negativity is not a crime on Jets Insider. But I'll tell you what is: Being named a moderator and spending 99% of your time in the Hangar acting like a child instead of spending 99% of your time on the Landing Strip which, for all intents and purposes, is currently unmoderated and needs your help.

I am a poster with an opinion. I am never active in more than 3 threads at a time. I stay on topic. Like everyone else, I speak what's on my mind. You have allowed a culture to permeate Jets Insider which is unhealthy. By being a moderator who has been sucked into the Hangar vortex you socialize with the very people who you let run amok on the Landing Strip. That goofy immaturity, those inside jokes, that's spilled over here in the worst way possible.

The reason I seem to be alone in my realistic opinions is because everyone else was run off JI by the 5 posters that you allow to poison the well. I am fine ignoring them, am quite noble in falling on that sword on a daily basis instead of fighting back and causing more decay, but it gets really tiresome for everyone else to sift though and shouldn't be allowed to continue. But hey, just call me a name like a child would, go start another Hangar thread bemoaning the erosion of the Landing Strip and don't do anything to fix it.

SAR I
    How a grown man could not only type this, but then hit "submit" just blows my mind.

Good god man, get a grip

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, so we're being honest?

I thought the moderators job was to protect posters, not join in the pile-on.

Silly me.

Negativity is not a crime on Jets Insider. But I'll tell you what is: Being named a moderator and spending 99% of your time in the Hangar acting like a child instead of spending 99% of your time on the Landing Strip which, for all intents and purposes, is currently unmoderated and needs your help.

I am a poster with an opinion. I am never active in more than 3 threads at a time. I stay on topic. Like everyone else, I speak what's on my mind. You have allowed a culture to permeate Jets Insider which is unhealthy. By being a moderator who has been sucked into the Hangar vortex you socialize with the very people who you let run amok on the Landing Strip. That goofy immaturity, those inside jokes, that's spilled over here in the worst way possible.

SAR I
    +1. SAR, don't let the bastids get ya down...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok 1-1.... What else do you two got...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I find most pathetic is that most of the tough guy posters wouldn't dare behave the way they do in person as they do on the Internet. Freedom of speech, and the alias of a clever avatar. These same Internet bullies and conversation hijackers are also the spoiled middle aged brats who dish it out, but can't take it.

JI is a great place, overall. Sometimes, however, there are those certain posters who make you want to delete your account and go watch curling.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because Rex Ryan is still here, the true rebuilding has been delayed by a year.

As such, with the person most responsible for our decay still at the helm, it's a depressing Year To Nowhere. There is no doubt we need a year where we shed cap and transition to new players- that's needed and well underway. The issue is that this year's entire coaching staff is as lame duck as its head coach. So not only will we have a new head coach next season, its highly likely that next season we will have our 4th OC in 4 years too.

The polarization at quarterback never ends and it's exhausting. Pennington and Clemens. Sanchez and Tebow. Sanchez and Smith. And it's chicken and egg- does Mark Sanchez suck or did we ruin him? Did we take the QB we've been waiting 40 years for and destroy him with neglect or was he a giant tease in '09 and '10? And how can we even know the answer considering how bad the offense is, the awful WR's and TE's, the potentially unchanged running game and OL, the 3rd OC in 3 years.

There's nothing to come of this season because Rex Ryan is still here. That's depressing enough. The fact that we drafted for defense again, ignored the skill positions again, took a reach on a quarterback no one else wanted, and are led by a GM no one else wanted, sorry, it's depression-city in Florham Park.

We're all good fans, we're all supporting the team, but knowing that just a few months ago we were an elite AFC team and now are in limbo because the post-Ryan rebuild hasn't begun just pushes us over the edge.

SAR I
    This only sounds good in your head. Don't let your obsession with firing the only coach to take the Jets to 2 Conference Championship games ruin you. You used to be a solid poster.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richard, ray ray and jetstream are on point..JI needs a like and dislike post button

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Richard, ray ray and jetstream are on point..JI needs a like and dislike post button

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I love how the disaster that is known as Sanchez has detracted from all Santonio chatter. If Sanchez was not the disaster that he is, we would be clamoring about the 50 million dollar joke that is Santonio Holmes.
    I agree. But an overpaid pain in the a$$ wideout is not hurting this team anywhere near as much as a weak-minded, inept QB who turns the ball over like crazy. If Sanchez was even average, the outlook of the team would not seem so bleak.

Nothing hurts a team like a QB who can't protect the football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. But an overpaid pain in the a$$ wideout is not hurting this team anywhere near as much as a weak-minded, inept QB who turns the ball over like crazy. If Sanchez was even average, the outlook of the team would not seem so bleak.

Nothing hurts a team like a QB who can't protect the football.
    AMEN.

It all appears to be menal as well. he has NO GUTS.

very frustrating.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    AMEN.

It all appears to be menal as well. he has NO GUTS.

very frustrating.
    This. So this.

I love the notion that the Jets ruined Sanchez because Tebow was brought in. That is 100% pure bullsh!t, regardless of the fact that Tebow sucks. If Sanchez had any balls, the Tebow trade would have lit a fire in him to rise to the occasion. I don't remember if it was Rich Gannon, or someone else who said at one point last season, that Sanchez's reaction and attitude should have been "the only way this guy is taking my job is over my dead body." And whoever said it was absolutely right.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, look at how Drew Brees reacted in San Diego after the Chargers drafted Phillip Rivers. He didn't lay down. He didn't hang his head. He didn't feel bad for himself. He went and played his best football. He made it impossible for the Chargers to take him out. And the only reason why they let him go in free agency was because of his shoulder injury. Otherwise he'd still be there.

THAT is how a true competitor reacts.

Sanchez, on the other hand, gave up. I was a big supporter of Sanchez going into last season. I wanted him to react the way Brees did. But he did the opposite. And that's why I want that weak f*cker off this team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    i'm psyched for the season, very happy with Idzik's personnel moves thus far, and couldn't care less about Jets fans who are moping.
    I'm very excited for this upcoming season. We have gone with a youth movement and will be young and fast.

I'm looking forward to seeing that D-line dominate, a capable o-line, A young quality RB for the first time in 3 years, can't wait to see what Geno Smith is capable of doing in the NFL, Hill's 2nd year - I think he's going to have a breakout season. Big Australian TE should get a lot of playing time this year. Holmes coming back, new high-end CB to watch and see how he progresses..

My point is there's A LOT to be excited about this year - even if the team isn't very good they are making a lot of very good decisions and knowing we'll have $50mm in cap space next year...

It's going to be a lot of fun watching the new New York Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This. So this.

I love the notion that the Jets ruined Sanchez because Tebow was brought in. That is 100% pure bullsh!t, regardless of the fact that Tebow sucks. If Sanchez had any balls, the Tebow trade would have lit a fire in him to rise to the occasion. I don't remember if it was Rich Gannon, or someone else who said at one point last season, that Sanchez's reaction and attitude should have been "the only way this guy is taking my job is over my dead body." And whoever said it was absolutely right.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, look at how Drew Brees reacted in San Diego after the Chargers drafted Phillip Rivers. He didn't lay down. He didn't hang his head. He didn't feel bad for himself. He went and played his best football. He made it impossible for the Chargers to take him out. And the only reason why they let him go in free agency was because of his shoulder injury. Otherwise he'd still be there.

Sanchez, on the other hand, gave up. I was a big supporter of Sanchez going into last season. I wanted him to react the way Brees did. But he did the opposite. And that's why I want that weak f*cker off this team.
    I agree 100%. Thats where Sanchez lost me as well last year. Watching him slump off the field after an INT, and watching him with that sad puppy dog face when things went bad were disappointing to see. I suspect the players see that as well and I would think if the other players were really honest they would say the same things.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I'm very excited for this upcoming season. We have gone with a youth movement and will be young and fast.

I'm looking forward to seeing that D-line dominate, a capable o-line, A young quality RB for the first time in 3 years, can't wait to see what Geno Smith is capable of doing in the NFL, Hill's 2nd year - I think he's going to have a breakout season. Big Australian TE should get a lot of playing time this year. Holmes coming back, new high-end CB to watch and see how he progresses..

My point is there's A LOT to be excited about this year - even if the team isn't very good they are making a lot of very good decisions and knowing we'll have $50mm in cap space next year...

It's going to be a lot of fun watching the new New York Jets.
    I agree. Forget about the record this year. If the Jets can add the same type of young dynamic players the defense has on offense in 2014, this team will be exciting to watch. It will be built for sustained success and not just for a one or two year run.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I agree. Forget about the record this year. If the Jets can add the same type of young dynamic players the defense has on offense in 2014, this team will be exciting to watch. It will be built for sustained success and not just for a one or two year run.
    Exactly. The truth is the defense is solid across the board. Maybe we could use a pass rusher and safety - but let's see how Coples looks this year.

Even the offense, looks like we're solid at O-line, solid at RB, QB is a big question mark....but after that the reality is we need one, maybe two weapons to fill out this team. True number 1 receiver and a weapon at TE.

For all the complaining - the Jet offense is really two players away (if you don't count QB - but that's a whole other issue) which can certainly be filled with $50mm...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This. So this.

This is a GREAT post! Sanchez has been handed everything from the moment he was drafted, never once had to compete like a man. He is supposed to be a leader, but is, instead, nothing more than a disgusting, pathetic mope, a player that no teammate would play hard for,let alone respect. Add to the fact that he is constantly backed up by an idiot of a head coach, who refuses/can't see that this guy is a BUM, and it only makes it worse. The sooner this sad-sack joke of a QB gets his a** out of here, and takes REX with him, the better off we will all be.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Exactly. The truth is the defense is solid across the board. Maybe we could use a pass rusher and safety - but let's see how Coples looks this year.

Even the offense, looks like we're solid at O-line, solid at RB, QB is a big question mark....but after that the reality is we need one, maybe two weapons to fill out this team. True number 1 receiver and a weapon at TE.

For all the complaining - the Jet offense is really two players away (if you don't count QB - but that's a whole other issue) which can certainly be filled with $50mm...
    The two most important players on offense in terms of development this year will be Geno and Hill. Obviously the QB is where it all starts, but if Hill looks like the player he was drafted to be and Geno shows enough to not warrant drafting a QB high in 2014, then there will be a lot of ammo to fill out this roster in 2014.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Indeed, a Rep System, Spoiler Tags, etc.

J.I.'s forum software and features are about 3 years out of date tbqh.