Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Robert Kraft says hed welcome openly gay players to Patriots

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    You got something against Gay men and women choosing to have children and raise them with their biological mother or father in a traditional marriage? Is that a lie to themselves or the world?

    Don't assume that many gay men and women have chosen to live in traditional families have and raise children with their biological parent in spite of their predisposition to homosexuality.
    You should be a journalist the way you just twisted what I said.
    You know damn well I ment someone living a life to ACT as if you are not something that you are.

    Do you think it was ok that Jason Collins wasted 8 years of that women's life,her youth? That he lied to her and himself. GTFO here.

    I have no problem with people being gay or being gay and raising children or gay "PEOPLE" doing anything they want in life.

    But don't you dare go and try to spin what i was saying. if the person who is gay lies to their spouse and decides to cheat on him/her with others there is a problem with that in any relationship hetero or homosexual.

    your other half deserves a CHOICE.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyld View Post
    We are in agreement. I too spent time in the military, over 15 years in the army, and this was before all of the public discussions. I can tell you that we have always had soldiers who were gay and it was no issue amongst the soldiers. Like you said, if the person can perform their duties at a high level no one will care. The difference is, a gay soldier can in effect enter the military and and prove themselves a good soldier without anyone knowing their sexual preference. There was a time in this country when a person of color was not even allowed to even enlist in the military, thus never getting the opportunity to show their worth before being judged. I'm not saying its right that one has to hide their sexual orientation, in fact, I find it appalling, yet I understand that sexual orientation is a private matter and that person can choose to keep it that way, if they want. A person of color cannot, therefore though the two issues have some parallels, they are two distinctly different forms of discrimination and it doesn't do justice to either to lump them together.
    I gotcha I should have said similar but not the same.

  3. #43
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Umm, it is left to the teams? There's no affirmative action in the NFL other than the "Rooney Rule," which most people consider BS. I wonder which GM would have passed up on Andrew Luck if he said he was gay?

    The NFL is so tightly wound and competitive and the margins of success are so incredibly slim that I can't imagine homosexuality being a dealbreaker if the kid can play.

    The NFL has already shown that you can electrocute dogs and come back to be a star in this league. In terms of the locker room, there's too much money to be made for these guys to cause a problem.
    I agree.

  4. #44
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    I cannot believe we r realy debating this and not discussing what is realy going on here. Kraft has laid the ground work for Brady to finally come out.
    It had to be done.

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyld View Post
    We are in agreement. I too spent time in the military, over 15 years in the army, and this was before all of the public discussions. I can tell you that we have always had soldiers who were gay and it was no issue amongst the soldiers. Like you said, if the person can perform their duties at a high level no one will care. The difference is, a gay soldier can in effect enter the military and and prove themselves a good soldier without anyone knowing their sexual preference. There was a time in this country when a person of color was not even allowed to even enlist in the military, thus never getting the opportunity to show their worth before being judged. I'm not saying its right that one has to hide their sexual orientation, in fact, I find it appalling, yet I understand that sexual orientation is a private matter and that person can choose to keep it that way, if they want. A person of color cannot, therefore though the two issues have some parallels, they are two distinctly different forms of discrimination and it doesn't do justice to either to lump them together.
    When was that?? I know there was segregation in the military but going back to the Revolution Blacks have served and also fought for the North in the Civil war..

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    When was that?? I know there was segregation in the military but going back to the Revolution Blacks have served and also fought for the North in the Civil war..

    Towards the end, blacks even fought for the south!

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    I gotcha I should have said similar but not the same.
    I was 11B and the only thing I cared about was whether the guy sharing the (figurative) fox hole with me could shoot straight. No matter how long I was in the field, him being gay wasn't going to affect me.

    You have to wonder about people who think that most gay people go around like it's "Gay Parade Day".

  8. #48
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    When was that?? I know there was segregation in the military but going back to the Revolution Blacks have served and also fought for the North in the Civil war..
    Japanese Americans were banned from enlisting after Pearl Harbour, but it was eventually revoked.

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton
    Do you think it was ok that Jason Collins wasted 8 years of that women's life,her youth? That he lied to her and himself. GTFO here.
    You sound a little judgmental without really knowing Collin's motivations. The interviews I've seen it seemed he was trying to live a normal life, as society deemed, like he said, "you know the sky is blue, but you keep telling yourself that it's red.". It eventually caught up to him.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby2times View Post
    Japanese Americans were banned from enlisting after Pearl Harbour, but it was eventually revoked.



    You sound a little judgmental without really knowing Collin's motivations. The interviews I've seen it seemed he was trying to live a normal life, as society deemed, like he said, "you know the sky is blue, but you keep telling yourself that it's red.". It eventually caught up to him.
    This is a jets forum so ill refrain from anymore retorts. Read what I said from the beginning and you'll understand my feelings on the issue. Go Jets

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    When was that?? I know there was segregation in the military but going back to the Revolution Blacks have served and also fought for the North in the Civil war..
    LOL. I was thinking the same thing.. What kind of history are they teaching in schools now? They just making things up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us