Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Robert Kraft says hed welcome openly gay players to Patriots

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't give a **** what you do in the bedroom but why is it so important to you that I know? I don't want to know. Don't shove it in my face. A$$ Fing may be legal (but use protection, that's where lawyers come from) but I don't need to meet your wife and be thinking about it.

I consult at banks and every year there is this huge poster at the entrance of the cafeteria celebrating Gay, lesbian, transsexual, transgender, transhamster whatever month. Good day for my weight watchers plan but not my mental health. Just do it and stfu about it.

And I'm not saying when confronted you should deny it, just don't feel you need to flaunt it like it's a prize you won for doing something above and beyond.
    Last edited by JetsNeedNewton; 05-05-2013 at 11:31 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I don't give a **** what you do in the bedroom but why is it so important to you that I know? I don't want to know. Don't shove it in my face. A$$ Fing may be legal (but use protection, that's where lawyers come from) but I don't need to meet your wife and be thinking about it.

I consult at banks and every year there is this huge poster at the entrance of the cafeteria celebrating Gay, lesbian, transsexual, transgender, transhamster whatever month. Good day for my weight watchers plan but not my mental health. Just do it and stfu about it.

And I'm not saying when confronted you should deny it, just don't feel you need to flaunt it like it's a prize you won for doing something above and beyond.
    Why should gays be quiet about it? and why should they not flaunt it? because some guys/girls think the act repugnant, While they don't?

But lets put the football focus on back on it. Kraft saying that is like saying he has the gay players side in any locker room issue, and will not allow any gay bashing on the team, hoping that it will give strength to a gay that wants to come out of the closet.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot believe we r realy debating this and not discussing what is realy going on here. Kraft has laid the ground work for Brady to finally come out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    So the truth comes out

Robert Kraft packs fudge
    Aristocrats!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If a homosexual athlete can help my team win a championship I'm all for him on the roster, and I think the players in the locker-room who weren't closet homosexuals themselves would be fine with it, too.

All I know is for all the bashing that's done on Kraft & New England on here, I'd love to have a stable, winning organization like that to root for.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saw an article yesterday that told how Vince Lombardi had gay players on his great Packers teams. He was aware of it and made it clear nobody was to bother them. That's 50 years ago.
    He hated discrimination because he felt he was discriminated against for being Italian. Vince's own brother was gay as well.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's ok for gays in the military to fight for our country but not ok for them to play football though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyld View Post
    One can choose to conceal their sexual orientation, where as, for the most part, its impossible to conceal one's race, especially if they are a racial minority.
    Good point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If a homosexual athlete can help my team win a championship I'm all for him on the roster, and I think the players in the locker-room who weren't closet homosexuals themselves would be fine with it, too.

All I know is for all the bashing that's done on Kraft & New England on here, I'd love to have a stable, winning organization like that to root for.
    All you need is for a 6th rd pick QB to become a All Pro QB.. The Pats were so crafty that they didn't even take Brady with their first 6th rd pick they waited till their 2nd 6 rd pick to snag him..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why should gays be quiet about it? and why should they not flaunt it? because some guys/girls think the act repugnant, While they don't?

But lets put the football focus on back on it. Kraft saying that is like saying he has the gay players side in any locker room issue, and will not allow any gay bashing on the team, hoping that it will give strength to a gay that wants to come out of the closet.
    Good post!

Anyone taking the other side of this argument is bigot. You can call it what you want or tell yourself it's something else. It's not, you are a bigot.

bigot [big-uht]
    noun
    a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigot?s=t

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    All you need is for a 6th rd pick QB to become a All Pro QB.. The Pats were so crafty that they didn't even take Brady with their first 6th rd pick they waited till their 2nd 6 rd pick to snag him..
    They knew that Tom Brady was a future HOFer, they just figured that no other team had him rated above the 7th round.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

There are at least two Patriots players from the last decade who were all but "outed" by press reports of their off-field activities (no, not Brady). Kerry Rhodes certainly falls into that category as well, and I'm sure there are plenty of others in the closet on numerous NFL rosters.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kraft talks like he hasn't already.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    There are at least two Patriots players from the last decade who were all but "outed" by press reports of their off-field activities (no, not Brady). Kerry Rhodes certainly falls into that category as well, and I'm sure there are plenty of others in the closet on numerous NFL rosters.
    Even Michael Irvin posed for the Gay mag OUT.. His brother was a gay transvestite..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kraft edges closer to coming out regarding his affair with Goodell.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    Concealing,as in not parading around announcing to the world your gay.

Or concealing as in perpetrating a fraud by dating/marrying women. and lying to the world and yourself.

I see a problem with the latter.

From experience with the issue in the military. If the person can perform their duties at a high level no one will care.

Similar to breaking the color barrier.
    We are in agreement. I too spent time in the military, over 15 years in the army, and this was before all of the public discussions. I can tell you that we have always had soldiers who were gay and it was no issue amongst the soldiers. Like you said, if the person can perform their duties at a high level no one will care. The difference is, a gay soldier can in effect enter the military and and prove themselves a good soldier without anyone knowing their sexual preference. There was a time in this country when a person of color was not even allowed to even enlist in the military, thus never getting the opportunity to show their worth before being judged. I'm not saying its right that one has to hide their sexual orientation, in fact, I find it appalling, yet I understand that sexual orientation is a private matter and that person can choose to keep it that way, if they want. A person of color cannot, therefore though the two issues have some parallels, they are two distinctly different forms of discrimination and it doesn't do justice to either to lump them together.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LIke he has a choice?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    LIke he has a choice?
    exactly.

Kraft just looking to get his name in the press. Yawn.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    that whole franchise is a frigging circus

owner carousing and making audition videos with bimbos shortly after burying his wife

quarterback dancing around like a girlish teenager at the Kentucky Derby

Tight End reinjuring his shoulder in some sort of amateur wrestling activity

Head Coach Mumbleschik still not apologizing for committing the most heinous cheating offense in all of sports history for eight years

a frigging circus --- but one that the media asshats are madly in love with for some strange reason

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    Concealing,as in not parading around announcing to the world your gay.

Or concealing as in perpetrating a fraud by dating/marrying women. and lying to the world and yourself.

I see a problem with the latter.

From experience with the issue in the military. If the person can perform their duties at a high level no one will care.

Similar to breaking the color barrier.
    You got something against Gay men and women choosing to have children and raise them with their biological mother or father in a traditional marriage? Is that a lie to themselves or the world?

Don't assume that many gay men and women have chosen to live in traditional families have and raise children with their biological parent in spite of their predisposition to homosexuality.