Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL field goal success rate

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I don't know about that BUT....

They should widen soccer nets by about 5 feet.
    They could put in a blue line, instead of using the defenseman as the offsides marker. That way the defense could actually get beat once in a while.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    and they all seem to have a 95% conversion rate when playing against the Jets
    That's just your perspective. Don't feel bad. Most people around here use their perspective as proof that the Jets are the worst team ever, and that we need to fire our coach every year.

Veteran
    I think the point value of the kick can be varied based on distance for example anything under 30 yards can be 2 points between 30-50 yards cam be 3 and anything above 50 yards can be 4 points

this could bring more strategy into games and POSSIBLY create a new job opportunity for Dick Curl

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    and they all seem to have a 95% conversion rate when playing against the Jets
    Nate Kaeding says hi.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I think the point value of the kick can be varied based on distance for example anything under 30 yards can be 2 points between 30-50 yards cam be 3 and anything above 50 yards can be 4 points

this could bring more strategy into games and POSSIBLY create a new job opportunity for Dick Curl
    NFL Europe trialled the 4 point FG from 50+ yards ... you then had the crazy situation of teams deliberately losing yards to get a 4 point FG to tie the game, and defenses trying to give up more yardage to thwart them.

The way the NFL is going, they want to encourage more TD's, not more FG's. So I'd doubt more points for a FG will come up.