Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rational Jets article

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bjetsb View Post
    What I don't get....after cutting a useless QB, Adding depth at DL and a potential stud CB, adding serviceable interior linemen, upgrading RB, drafting a QB who enjoyed a great deal of success in college and up until draft week was a top 10 pick, AND getting back our #1 receiver, our odds have essentially been cut in half?
    We cut tebow, that sent us from 100-1 to 200-1. Sorry to tell you, but god will not be on our side this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say the Browns might be the team in the worst shape of all right now.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    First off, who cares what the coach says. Only media fools and equally ignorant fans care about that. If Rex had gone to 4 straight super bowls and lost people like you would still kill him for not living up to his "guarantees".

Second, as Tebow's biggest supporter why haven't teams been knocking down his door to sign him up? Perhaps its because he has a high school QB arm trapped in the head of a 6th grader?

Did you even bother to read what my post was in reply to ? Given your reply, I'd wager that you didn't.

Those "media fools" are the ones who are writing all the stories and focusing on the "Jets circus".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    As a fan, I agree with your thinking. We are a QB away. But a great QB is hard to find. And that still doesn't change the projections of the experts on TV.

And if you don't like the blowhards on TV then here is something from people that actually have to put their money where their mouth is. The Vegas future odds for SB 2014. The livelihoods of the people that make these odds depends on being accurate:

That's good value on the Giants at 20-1. Atlanta too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    We cut tebow, that sent us from 100-1 to 200-1. Sorry to tell you, but god will not be on our side this year.
    Good, maybe he can focus on the genocides in Africa, scumbags holding women hostage for years or other minor stuff he's been missing while hoping teblow would remain a Jet.

And oh yeah, there are 21,000 children living in NYC homeless shelters as we read... maybe he'll have time to pick up on that one too. And now that he has free time on his hands what's god's second son doing to help with that one?
    Last edited by JetsNeedNewton; 05-08-2013 at 12:21 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Good, maybe he can focus on the genocides in Africa, scumbags holding women hostage for years or other minor stuff he's been missing while hoping teblow would remain a Jet.

And oh yeah, there are 21,000 children living in NYC homeless shelters as we read... maybe he'll have time to pick up on that one too. And now that he has free time on his hands what's god's second son doing to help with that one?
    ... Out of curiosity ... What are you doing about it ?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Hip Screw View Post
    Take Carolina at 60-1, the best odds on that board
    Actually Vegas odds have little to do with who sets them.

The odds are based upon how people bet. The odds adjust upward and downward based upon other bets. If any bets heavily skews one way they will adjust the odds to get more money on the other side. Their goal is to have the money evenly split and they take their percentage.

So the media actually plays a large role in odds. If people believe one thing they are you going to bet that way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Actually Vegas odds have little to do with who sets them.

The odds are based upon how people bet. The odds adjust upward and downward based upon other bets. If any bets heavily skews one way they will adjust the odds to get more money on the other side. Their goal is to have the money evenly split and they take their percentage.

So the media actually plays a large role in odds. If people believe one thing they are you going to bet that way.
    +1

and then there are the robotic Cheater fans who have bet bundles every season since 2005 on their beloved Shats to win the Superbowl, each year at low odds

and LOST EVERY SINGLE BET

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Houston, Balt, ATL, N.O, & Jets $100 ea

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    ... Out of curiosity ... What are you doing about it ?
    Donating money, raising awareness... about all I can afford. But I don't have millions and lots of time on my hands like the second son.

More importantly, I'm sick of Teblow fanatics intimating a god would give a s**t about a football team.

And you sir? What are you doing to fill in for a god too busy watching over teblow to address the world's problems? Out of curiosity of course.