Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Could you imagine THIS in 2014?

We won't be drafting in the top 5 next year either way but it isn't a debate on whether you draft Clowney or any QB. In this NFL as we currently see it, the QB is FAR AND AWAY more important.

Just comes down to whether the Gm thinks Boyd, Bridgewater, or Manziel is going to be a top 8 QB in the league. If that answer is yes, you take him a 100 times over Clowney. Even assuming he becomes Lawrence Taylor. The QB position in this league just means everything now...

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    apparently Raider911 didn't read where M Westhoff's replacement is B Kotwica who M Westhoff personally trained for the job for the last three seasons or so,

The Jets are not like the Raiders where the semi-retarded nepotism owner fires the entire staff from top to bottom every season
    Sg3 just because you trained under someone means that person will be as good. case in point- How many GM were hired from successful teams (where they got their training from) and never had any where close to same success as previous team.

Until otherwise proven I will say there is a good chance Jets special teams will take a giant step back in 2013.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Sg3 just because you trained under someone means that person will be as good. case in point- How many GM were hired from successful teams (where they got their training from) and never had any where close to same success as previous team.

Until otherwise proven I will say there is a good chance Jets special teams will take a giant step back in 2013.
    Until proven otherwise anything you say about the jets is negative.. You would make a great SOJF..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    There is no way in hell we have the #2 pick next year.
    Agreed. We'll be around 11 or 12....which is the sweet spot to get the second best tight end in the draft or a premiere punter!

Not sure if you were following, but the Jets special teams took a Giant step back last year.

Either way, LOL at Raiders fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Um....this is why you are not an NFL GM.

Lets say, for some unforeseen reason, Indianapolis had the #1 pick next year....with your logic, they would fire their GM for not taking Teddy Bridgewater, when they have Andrew Luck there?

R-I-G-H-T
    Most likely a team with the number 1 pick doesn't have a Qb like Andrew Luck. Yes or no. I already said assuming Raiders have the number 1 pick and one of their Qb proved they were the guy ( Flynn, Wilson, or T Pryor). you would probably go Clowney.( not likely as only way you get that pick if your Qb was horrible.
    look it up Steve it's in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Not sure if you were following, but the Jets special teams took a Giant step back last year.

Either way, LOL at Raiders fans.
    Perfect time to jump from a sinking ship and leave the mess to the Guy you been training. See Ray Handley. The Giants were an old team when Bill Parcells retired leaving Ray Handley with a mess. What chance did Ray have.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-06-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Hall Of Fame

LOl....you have been wrong an epic amount of times around here. The assumption with YOU is that you are almost always wrong about most things. Not sure assuming you being right about anything is the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOl....you have been wrong an epic amount of times around here. The assumption with YOU is that you are almost always wrong about most things. Not sure assuming you being right about anything is the right decision.
    can't remember a time when Raider 90210 was right about anything. Carson Palmer. Ahahahahahaha.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    That reminds me of Ham saying Reggie Bush was the best college RB of the last 25 years..
    And how most on this board went nuts when we didn't tank the season to get the right to draft him?

The same group that laughed when Houston drafted Williams over Bush.

Funny how these things work out. Funnier is that you know these are the same people telling you which draft picks will be busts or will thrive.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I would think training under someone widely regarded as the most well prepared, most innovative STs coach would increase the likelihood of success.

Except to you, who has predicted doom and gloom in every aspect of the Jets, being consistently wrong. Each and every time.

But to you just signing someone who not only isn't Westhoff but didn't have the advantage of working with him, watching and breaking down film with him, learning from him, as the Raiders do every other year when they fire all the incompetent coaches is better.

And of course if Westhoff was still here you would tell us how he has slipped and isn't the same coach as in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Agreed. We'll be around 11 or 12....which is the sweet spot to get the second best tight end in the draft or a premiere punter!
    not sure where they're getting these wins from. they beat the bills and dolphins last year and both of those teams got better. NE still has brady. the jets may still start sanchez and if they don't, it's either garrard or a rookie qb. there's a bunch of new starters to integrate into the various systems. this team is primed to win 3-6 games and have a top 6 pick in the draft. this doesn't mean the season would be a waste, if geno shows something they'll have a nucleus to build around. but as far as 2013 wins go, the jets are still among the least talented nfl teams, with unproven nfl qbs and still lacking in the skill positions, though rb is markedly upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    This team will have a top 5 pick next year.

Brandon Coleman, Bridgewater, Clowney (probably first overall,) Lee, and potentially Yeldon (STUD).

The top end could be insanely good next year.

Not just with who I mentioned but because of Boyd and Manziel as well.

At least 5 or 6 of the guys coming out next year would've been the first overall pick this year. It's not close either.

Personally, Lee, Clowney, Yeldon, or Coleman would all potentially be perennial All-Pros for the Jets for years. It's a given, barring injury, that Clowney will be #1 overall. As such these Jets need to move in the right direction and understand that sqeezing out a playoff appearance and saving Rex's job would potentially set them back years.

1) It would hasten the expectations on Smith, which would be awful See Sanchez, Mark. Young QB's need to be allowed to suck.

2) It would slot the draft pick too low, avoiding all possible top-end talent on a team without any on offense outside of Center right now.

3) It leaves Rex in place for longer, meaning zero culpability to anybody but the OC and QB. The HC will dodge everything.

4) It could mean Sanchez had a good year, and was extended. This would be the absolute worst. Remember when Derek Anderson had that huge year for the Browns? That's far more likely than Buttchez actually turning into anything.
    lol that's absurd. yeah a playoff appearance is a terrible idea for this team.

Hopefully the teams goal this year is to be crap from the start. Don't want them getting too ahead of themselves now.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    I don't think there is ANY chance we have the 2nd pick, but could you imagine if we were to get this guy?

Clowney/Mo/Ellis/Richardson

Barnes/Harris/Davis/Coples

I mean, that isn't even fair....
    Clowney lined up next to Wilk or behind him would be absolutely bonkers. Both Coples and Wilkerson are large enough to play DT in 4 man fronts and Clowney can play standing up.

BTW, Raiders, the second most important position behind QB is DE/OLB/Pass Rush.

Dion Jordan and Ziggy Anseh have barely scratched the surface of what they could be (which is about 2/3rds of what Clowney already is) and both were picked in the top 5.

There is no way shape or form that a guy who COULD BE a franchise QB will get taken ahead of Clowney.

And while Manziel could be taken high, I don't think he's in the same category of Boyd or Bridgewater, guys with huge arms, good size, and/or good mobility.

Manziel has a lot to prove. Don't get me wrong, he's a great college player but Tim Tebow has a few words regarding that.

Clowney lined up next to Wilk or behind him would be absolutely bonkers. Both Coples and Wilkerson are large enough to play DT in 4 man fronts and Clowney can play standing up.

BTW, Raiders, the second most important position behind QB is DE/OLB/Pass Rush.

Dion Jordan and Ziggy Anseh have barely scratched the surface of what they could be (which is about 2/3rds of what Clowney already is) and both were picked in the top 5.

There is no way shape or form that a guy who COULD BE a franchise QB will get taken ahead of Clowney.

And while Manziel could be taken high, I don't think he's in the same category of Boyd or Bridgewater, guys with huge arms, good size, and/or good mobility.

Manziel has a lot to prove. Don't get me wrong, he's a great college player but Tim Tebow has a few words regarding that.
    boyd is 5'10"

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    lol that's absurd. yeah a playoff appearance is a terrible idea for this team.

Hopefully the teams goal this year is to be crap from the start. Don't want them getting too ahead of themselves now.
    This team has 1 maybe 2 elite talents on it and as far as we know, none at QB.

Losing AFC Championships lowers draft status and will insure this team heads nowhere for an extended period of time. More circles on the wheel of perennial mediocrity.

You want to win a Super Bowl or do you want to be "good?"

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    boyd is 5'10"
    While Boyd is no giant he is barely 6 foot. He is listed at 6-1, but will probably measure around 6 foot even at the combine. He has a lot to prove if he is going to be considered a top 10 pick.

This team has 1 maybe 2 elite talents on it and as far as we know, none at QB.

Losing AFC Championships lowers draft status and will insure this team heads nowhere for an extended period of time. More circles on the wheel of perennial mediocrity.

You want to win a Super Bowl or do you want to be "good?"
    I get it, having top 5 picks often gets you good talent. This is how the Browns, Lions, Raiders, etc have been winning their Super Bowls the past few years.

So what are you suggesting this team does to ensure that?