Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Kluwe Released

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Kluwe Released

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...tweets-goodbye

This guy despite his being a big-mouth has actually thrived punting outside and would represent a big improvement for us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chillster View Post

This guy despite his being a big-mouth has actually thrived punting outside and would represent a big improvement for us.
    The kid we picked up last year off of somebody's PS, Malone, has a big leg and did quite well, he also is a holder and was pretty solid last year. Is Kluwe that much better that it would be worth the increased price tag as a vested veteran?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The last thing the Jets need is a ****ing punter who makes headlines because of his off-the-field opinions. No thanks. This team needs to get anonymous.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that the sausage defender?

Dont sign that beast.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malone does the job, and I think he likes girls.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a huge fan of the "circus" commentary, I think it's overblown. But, this guy will certainly add to that. I'm not sure about bringing him on.

Also, The guy is good, but he's punted in a dome, he has one or 2 "cold weather" games a year. He did punt well against the Packers last year, but it's not really clear how he'll do in the Northeast.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malone was the team MVP last year, keep Malone

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malone is good. Helped put our defense in manageable situations when he was kicking inside his own 10.

Honestly, I remember saying last year to myself that thank god Malone was punting the way he was otherwise we would have been a lot worse. Do not expect the Jets to pick up this guy as we don't need this headache. He can take his punting and big mouth to one of the other 30 teams besides the Vikings and Jets.

One Variable: Malone lost the best punt protector in the game. Might have a large impact on next year according to some anonymous sources who will remain unnamed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    Malone is good. Helped put our defense in manageable situations when he was kicking inside his own 10.

Honestly, I remember saying last year to myself that thank god Malone was punting the way he was otherwise we would have been a lot worse. Do not expect the Jets to pick up this guy as we don't need this headache. He can take his punting and big mouth to one of the other 30 teams besides the Vikings and Jets.

One Variable: Malone lost the best punt protector in the game. Might have a large impact on next year according to some anonymous sources who will remain unnamed.
    Maybe we will put Suckchez in as his protector after Garrard takes away his QB starting job. Just a thought.....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    When they drafted a punter he had to know he was finished.
    He spent more time being outspoken and doing Reddit AMAs than working on his kicking game, and his status suffered.

Hell half of his games are indoors.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was Malone really good last season? I honestly don't remember him being that great, and looking at his numbers, he was 18th in Average, 22nd in net, had 2 punts blocked, 8 touchbacks (27 punts inside the 20), and a kick returned for a TD.

Again, I am not saying stats tell the whole story, I just don't recall Malone being so great.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Was Malone really good last season? I honestly don't remember him being that great, and looking at his numbers, he was 18th in Average, 22nd in net, had 2 punts blocked, 8 touchbacks (27 punts inside the 20), and a kick returned for a TD.

Again, I am not saying stats tell the whole story, I just don't recall Malone being so great.
    Its all relative. He was slightly better than TJ Conley was the year before. Not exactly a ringing endorsement. I'd say he was about average when it comes to NFL Punters. Nothing wrong with having a middle of the pack Punter. But, I'm not guaranteeing his job for the next 5 years either.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    The last thing the Jets need is a ****ing punter who makes headlines because of his off-the-field opinions. No thanks. This team needs to get anonymous.
    +9999999999999

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malone was, like the best punter in the NFL last season (and with Turnover6 at QB 1) considered it a success if we got to punt and 2) needed a very good punter

I personally voted for him as NY Jet Offensive Player of the Year and possible overall MVP

Did anyone calling for the replacement of Malone actually watch the 2012 season?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I'm laughing at you guys on here scared of adding someone who happens to voice his opinion, something which is guaranteed under the Constitution BTW. "Oh no, we can't have speaking talking it will add to the dreaded circus atmosphere!!!" Are you guys really that scared of the media? WHO CARES??!!! The media have absolutely NO bearing on the success of this team. NONE. ZIP. NADA. I wish you people took the Bill Parcells method of dealing with the media, which is to ignore and belittle them. Worked wonders for him and Bellicheat.

This Jets team will be be successful on it's own terms, NOT anyone else's. And thank God for that.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

BTW bravo to Kluwe for speaking his mind and being a voice for those who often don't have one. More athletes should use their fame and position to speak on civil issues. Maybe more would if idiotic fans would support them instead of *****ing about it. We need more athletes like Muhammed Ali and Roberto Clemente who use their status as more than a vehicle for money and women.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    I'm laughing at you guys on here scared of adding someone who happens to voice his opinion, something which is guaranteed under the Constitution BTW. "Oh no, we can't have speaking talking it will add to the dreaded circus atmosphere!!!" Are you guys really that scared of the media? WHO CARES??!!! The media have absolutely NO bearing on the success of this team. NONE. ZIP. NADA. I wish you people took the Bill Parcells method of dealing with the media, which is to ignore and belittle them. Worked wonders for him and Bellicheat.

This Jets team will be be successful on it's own terms, NOT anyone else's. And thank God for that.

So it's ok for professional athletes to say whatever they want?
    It might be guaranteed by the Constitution, but not by their employer.

Look no further than the number of idiots who lose their jobs every year by 'voicing their opinion' on Twatter.

Last thing the Jets needs is another loudspeaker for the 'LOLJETS' headline campaign.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW bravo to Kluwe for speaking his mind and being a voice for those who often don't have one. More athletes should use their fame and position to speak on civil issues. Maybe more would if idiotic fans would support them instead of *****ing about it. We need more athletes like Muhammed Ali and Roberto Clemente who use their status as more than a vehicle for money and women.
    Why? They're athletes for a reason, and it ain't because we should care what they have to say. Every day there are educators and just general people who have the time, know-how, credentials, and have become experts in the field of sociology and human/animal sexuality who could provide better answers and ideas than any athlete ever could, yet as a society we deem those types to be boring, elite, inaccessible, or due to them not having a celebrity platform, just not worthy of our attention. But when an athlete speaks out, oh, we should all listen to his or her less than expert opinion.

Sorry, but our society has enough people who can deal with these topics in an expert manner and present them to the public in a sincere, intelligent package. The scientific community has already shown us that homosexuality is not a choice but is simply how some are born, and by that very nature it should not be a point of discrimination. Yet we need athletes and celebs to echo these sentiments so people get it? If they're not getting it when those closest to the research exposes the truths, that's on those ignorant masses. It's an athlete's job to be an athlete, not to enlighten the masses.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    So, does this apply for athletes who hold a view contrary to our own? I haven't bothered to check but I will I see you saying "Bravo" to Demario Davis for voicing his opinion on Twitter last week?

No one is looking to strip Kluwe, Davis or anyone of their Constitutional rights. What we are looking for is a football team that can concentrate on football. Like it or not (and fair or not), this team is perceived to be a circus. And with that comes added attention - something we don't need in 2013.

I fully support Kluwe's position....as a fan, I just don't need him on the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

No he wouldn't, Malone did a good job punting outside for us.