Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Are We Better off?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I see a $3,500,000 home and I say "Gee, that house is expensive."

I see a cloudless, blue sky and I say "Gee, it's not raining."

I see a the 2013 New York Jets and I say "Boy, we're going to suck."

It does not take a degree in quantum physics to see what is obvious. I don't need to quantify anything, don't need to know the IQ of our quality control coach. I just need to open my eyes and watch TV. Very simple.

And those that do all of these deep-dives, all these so-called experts with their ratings and their statistics, how'd they do last year? That's right. They had us at 10-12 wins easy, "best team I've ever coached". We were 6-10 folks, just a few bounces from 5-11 and certainly headed backwards for the 2013 season. Open a big bag of Quantification, knock yourself out, mix it with your pretzels and warm beer. That's all its worth.

SAR I
    HAHAHA! Tell that to Nate Silver (he predicted every state in this past election), Bill James (revolutionized baseball), and Ed Thorpe (the man who famously "beat the dealer," and turned Wall Street upside down. You're kidding yourself if you don't think that stuff matters. You need stats to back up claims that as premiseless as yours.

And weren't you ever taught not to talk about your money? Isn't that rule #1 for any wealthy person? Never know to whom you might be talking.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjetsb View Post
    And weren't you ever taught not to talk about your money? Isn't that rule #1 for any wealthy person? Never know to whom you might be talking.
    That's old money, bro.

I will be right. No need to wait and see.
    Perhaps.

But like the pupil who fills in "C" for every question on a scantron test and somehow gets a passing 71%, your predictive accuracy will not be based on any inherent wisdom or insight in the arguments you've laid out here at J.I.

I appreciate your use of vocabulary as much as anyone else, but cut through your overuse of SAT words....

SAR I
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I, Answering Himself View Post
    .....what you've typed is personal opinion of me as a poster and that's a TOS violation that I won't participate in.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    And speaking of old money I was sitting by Malcolm( Steven) Forbes last Sunday.

He came in slammed a donut first followed by hot dog, so down to earth.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Perhaps.

But like the pupil who fills in "C" for every question on a scantron test and somehow gets a passing 71%, your predictive accuracy will not be based on any inherent wisdom or insight in the arguments you've laid out here at J.I.
    Sure they will.

There are certain disciplines where the less you know the better off you are. Football being one of them. Meaning that if you drill down into every meaningful statistic, if you know everything about every draft choice, if you had intimate knowledge of the playbook it still wouldn't tell you why the Jets lose on Sunday's.

The Jets lose not because of stats or ability. They lose because they are following a flawed strategy being executed by a terrible head coach. It's the 10,000 foot view that tells the story of the Jets, not the details. Big picture, not the minutiae. This catastrophe can be traced back to a handful of decisions either made by or on behalf of one man. And until that one man is gone, the Jets go nowhere.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Weren't you ever taught not to talk about your poverty?

SAR I

Weren't you ever taught not to talk about your poverty?

SAR I
    Yikes. Totally missed the point on that one.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Perhaps.

Sar is owned yet again....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Sar is owned yet again....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    At least in his mind he is right.. That's all that counts

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Ten Reason The 2013 Jets Are Better Than The 2012 Jets:

1. Competition at quarterback. Competition always makes everything better, it's basic tenet of capitalism...
    2. Improved interior pass rush by adding an upfield DT (Richardson)
    3. Improved outer pass rush by moving Coples to the DE/OLB/Elephant role
    4. Improved Entire OL by instilling youth and vets: Winters, Aboushi, Colon and Peterman
    5. Return of Santonio Holmes + rumblings of addition of a Vet at WR
    6. Demario Davis adding speed and zone coverage ability at WLB
    7. Explosive Interior runner in Chris Ivory
    8. Addition of a pass catching back in Goodson
    9. An OC who has actual experience running a successful offensive system
    10. Real potential for the future, an enormous amount of cap space for 2014, and a strong young core of interior players. Oh and we drafted the best CB in the draft.
    This is almost sad. I was here a decade or so ago...positive every season,,,,gushing about the draft picks, and new schemes......

Again, i must side with SAR on his approach to the 2013 outlook of the Jets.

The Jets have as much "hope" and "potential" as all of the other horrible teams of 2012.....

Expect a biotch slap back to reality after a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    This is almost sad. I was here a decade or so ago...positive every season,,,,gushing about the draft picks, and new schemes......

Again, i must side with SAR on his approach to the 2013 outlook of the Jets.

The Jets have as much "hope" and "potential" as all of the other horrible teams of 2012.....

Expect a biotch slap back to reality after a few weeks.
    Nobody is expecting this team to be a 10+ win team. The question wasn't, why is this team going to be good this year, it was why is this team better than last year. Why don't you tell us how this team is going to be worse this year than last year?

Sure they will.

There are certain disciplines where the less you know the better off you are. Football being one of them. Meaning that if you drill down into every meaningful statistic, if you know everything about every draft choice, if you had intimate knowledge of the playbook it still wouldn't tell you why the Jets lose on Sunday's.

The Jets lose not because of stats or ability. They lose because they are following a flawed strategy being executed by a terrible head coach. It's the 10,000 foot view that tells the story of the Jets, not the details. Big picture, not the minutiae. This catastrophe can be traced back to a handful of decisions either made by or on behalf of one man. And until that one man is gone, the Jets go nowhere.

SAR I
    Translation: it hurts too much to blame mark sanchez so I'm going to blame it all on rex ryan

All Pro
    Nobody is expecting this team to be a 10+ win team. The question wasn't, why is this team going to be good this year, it was why is this team better than last year. Why don't you tell us how this team is going to be worse this year than last year?
    Certainly not hoping for the team to be worse, i just project with my head, not my heart.

Could they be better? ABSOLUTELY
    Might they be worse? ABSOLUTELY

Nobody knows how things will play out. I guess we differ on the excitement level.

I will be the first person in line to admit im a sour, negative SOJ fan if the team does well. Could care less....

Just dont expect my excitement level to be ramped up overthings like:

Mark Sanchez and G smith.

Richardson & improved interior rush you are assuming on

Assumed outer pass rush because coples will transition perfectly

Return of Santoni-HO....how is this a good thing>?

I heard the "new OC new team" theory last season...

I respect your positivity, but wont put any stock into any of these things till i see it with my own eyes. Been there, done that.

Wtf I ignored this deutsche and his posts are still showing up... Is there no escape?

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Chuchill.

Where you an attorney? I'd put my money on tort law.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    Wtf I ignored this deutsche and his posts are still showing up... Is there no escape?
    German...nice.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Certainly not hoping for the team to be worse, i just project with my head, not my heart.

Could they be better? ABSOLUTELY
    Might they be worse? ABSOLUTELY

Nobody knows how things will play out. I guess we differ on the excitement level.

I will be the first person in line to admit im a sour, negative SOJ fan if the team does well. Could care less....

Just dont expect my excitement level to be ramped up overthings like:

Mark Sanchez and G smith.

Richardson & improved interior rush you are assuming on

Assumed outer pass rush because coples will transition perfectly

Return of Santoni-HO....how is this a good thing>?

I heard the "new OC new team" theory last season...

I respect your positivity, but wont put any stock into any of these things till i see it with my own eyes. Been there, done that.
    For the record, I'm not positive about this season, I just don't buy into the negative stigmas and stereotypes constructed around one non-qb named tebow, and one play on thanksgiving. It's called an anchoring bias...

If you're using your head, then I'm sure you know that bringing in the top Qb prospect from this draft can't hurt the qb position....don't play the diva card, that wouldn't be using your brain! Look at his numbers, they were still better passing numbers than Bridgewater and Manziel.

Also if you're using your head, then I'm sure you know that moving an "interior" rusher who had 5.5 sacks, who played at or outside the the OT when lining up in college, back to his natural position or further out wide will only improve his statistics.

Furthermore, if you're using your head, bringing in one of the most respected and innovative OC's can't hurt!...especially when he's replacing a glorified offensive line coach.

All Pro
    For the record, I'm not positive about this season, I just don't buy into the negative stigmas and stereotypes constructed around one non-qb named tebow, and one play on thanksgiving. It's called an anchoring bias...

If you're using your head, then I'm sure you know that bringing in the top Qb prospect from this draft can't hurt the qb position....don't play the diva card, that wouldn't be using your brain! Look at his numbers, they were still better passing numbers than Bridgewater and Manziel.

Also if you're using your head, then I'm sure you know that moving an "interior" rusher who had 5.5 sacks, who played at or outside the the OT when lining up in college, back to his natural position or further out wide will only improve his statistics.

Furthermore, if you're using your head, bringing in one of the most respected and innovative OC's can't hurt!...especially when he's replacing a glorified offensive line coach.
    Not that i personally feel this,but let me play devils advocate for a minute...

1. Geno Smith was not the #1 QB coming out of the draft on many teams board, nor was he selected the first QB in the draft. Yes, i hope he pans out. WILDCARD

2. Love Coples....should only improve. The move to OLB.....sure it could work, but im not just gonna chalk him up for 8 sacks.

3. MM. I would be lying if i told you i was versed in his coaching philosophy.
    Am i familiar with the WCO? A bit. Will it work in NY with the current roster....
    possibly.

Again, im not a downer in life, and dont reek of negativity, but im a wait and see kind of guy. I have no issue with people hoping or assuming the best, like i said, i used to be that same guy a few years back before i started reading the postings of Joe W Namath.

Just kiddin Joe