Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Better off?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Not that I hate you like some of the people here do... because I actually find you pretty entertaining, if not enlightening.

But why are you referring to yourself in the third person?

I'm not even sure that "third person" is the correct term, because you are referring to yourself in the third while referring to yourself by your message board acronym.

Is there even a term for that?
    SAR doesn't feel that he has to respond to this but is amused by the question.

SAR I

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What comments? If you have comments germane to the Jets, I'll respond, I never back away from debate.

All I saw was another personal attack.

SAR I
    Look next to your sarry statements. ..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Look next to your sarry statements. ..

Learn how to create proper responses. Either multi-quote or make your responses bold. This is the last time I clean up your mess.

We lost 13 starters. - Revis and Landry are the only ones that will hurt, Revis wanted too much money and Landry Got too much money.

SAR: While those are the two most notable names, the issue is that the remaining 11 starters are going to be replaced with rookies and JAG's. It is a shame that some of them weren't retained to see if they could flourish with a new coordinator (offense) and a new head coach (2014).

We signed questionable JAG's. Your judge of talent has been questionable at best.

SAR: Says who? Because I think Sanchez has a 30% chance of bouncing back? Because Stephen Hill is the king of drops? Because Shonn Greene can't run? Because Dustin Keller couldn't stay healthy? It's not hard to judge talent. We all watch the games.

We allowed a lame duck HC to being in another OC for a single year. Shtick

SAR: It is likely that the Jets will have 4 wins. It is likely that after going 18-30 in his last 3 seasons that Rex Ryan will be fired. It is likely that once Rex Ryan is fired his replacement will hand pick his own offensive coordinator. That's not "schtick". Just ignorance on your part.

We misplayed the Revis opportunity, got a bad deal. - How we got a 1 (top 15 pic) and 3 with only 1 suitor coming off a major injury.

SAR: Excuses, excuses. A better GM would have worked the phones harder, been more persuasive, gotten us the bonus second-rounder we deserved for arguably the best player in the NFL. A first rounder was expected. He had six months and got nothing but the minimum.

We misplayed the Tebow spot, held him through the draft for nothing. We made every opportunity to trade him but NOBODY WANTED HIM. Cutting him before the draft had no benefit at all.

SAR: Keeping Tebow on the roster for the 0% chance that someone would trade for him just made Idzik look foolish.

We couldn't trade down to get more picks so we took a CB. We drafted the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE who happen to be a CB most people had as a top 5 pick.

SAR: We have bigger needs than CB with Cromartie on the roster and, supposedly, this fearsome DL that's going to get a ton of pressure this year. We failed to trade down, that's the issue. A better GM could have leveraged the board and the other GM's to maneuver to a lower position to fill an area of need with a better BPA at a more affordable price.

We couldn't trade up to get the WR so we took a DE. ???The jets are in no position to trade up, the essentially fixed their olb position by drafting the best interior pass rusher allowing the jets to move coples to the outside.

SAR: Sure we are. You bundle some picks in a weak draft and slide up a few spots to get the best playmaker in the draft. A BPA DE is not what we need. How many chances does Rex Ryan get to screw up the pass rush? We've been "one player away!" from this mythical pass rush for 4 years and its cost us a ton of picks that could have been spent on the offense.

We took a sketchy QB instead of the playmaking TE. We took the top rated qb in the draft in the 2nd round. low risk hi reward.
    We have just created another QB circus when the last one was a disaster. ??????

SAR: It's a lame draft for QB's. So saying that we took the highest rated QB is code for "we shouldn't have taken any QB in this lame QB draft". And after the Tebow/Sanchez QB mess the last thing this team needed was a Smith/Sanchez QB mess.

We are losing scouts who just worked the draft and are quitting . IDZICK is letting the scouts he doesnt want go and not renewing the contract.

SAR: The exodus of front office and sideline staff continues. While a couple were not renewed, these last two left on their own to escape. No one wants to be here anymore. Quite the turnaround from 2010 when we were the preferred destination for almost every free agent out there.

SAR I

All League
    Learn how to create proper responses. Either multi-quote or make your responses bold. This is the last time I clean up your mess.

We lost 13 starters. - Revis and Landry are the only ones that will hurt, Revis wanted too much money and Landry Got too much money.

SAR: While those are the two most notable names, the issue is that the remaining 11 starters are going to be replaced with rookies and JAG's. It is a shame that some of them weren't retained to see if they could flourish with a new coordinator (offense) and a new head coach (2014).

We signed questionable JAG's. Your judge of talent has been questionable at best.

SAR: Says who? Because I think Sanchez has a 30% chance of bouncing back? Because Stephen Hill is the king of drops? Because Shonn Greene can't run? Because Dustin Keller couldn't stay healthy? It's not hard to judge talent. We all watch the games.

SAR: It is likely that the Jets will have 4 wins. It is likely that after going 18-30 in his last 3 seasons that Rex Ryan will be fired. It is likely that once Rex Ryan is fired his replacement will hand pick his own offensive coordinator. That's not "schtick". Just ignorance on your part.

We misplayed the Revis opportunity, got a bad deal. - How we got a 1 (top 15 pic) and 3 with only 1 suitor coming off a major injury.

SAR: Excuses, excuses. A better GM would have worked the phones harder, been more persuasive, gotten us the bonus second-rounder we deserved for arguably the best player in the NFL. A first rounder was expected. He had six months and got nothing but the minimum.

We misplayed the Tebow spot, held him through the draft for nothing. We made every opportunity to trade him but NOBODY WANTED HIM. Cutting him before the draft had no benefit at all.

SAR: Keeping Tebow on the roster for the 0% chance that someone would trade for him just made Idzik look foolish.

We couldn't trade down to get more picks so we took a CB. We drafted the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE who happen to be a CB most people had as a top 5 pick.

SAR: We have bigger needs than CB with Cromartie on the roster and, supposedly, this fearsome DL that's going to get a ton of pressure this year. We failed to trade down, that's the issue. A better GM could have leveraged the board and the other GM's to maneuver to a lower position to fill an area of need with a better BPA at a more affordable price.

We couldn't trade up to get the WR so we took a DE. ???The jets are in no position to trade up, the essentially fixed their olb position by drafting the best interior pass rusher allowing the jets to move coples to the outside.

SAR: Sure we are. You bundle some picks in a weak draft and slide up a few spots to get the best playmaker in the draft. A BPA DE is not what we need. How many chances does Rex Ryan get to screw up the pass rush? We've been "one player away!" from this mythical pass rush for 4 years and its cost us a ton of picks that could have been spent on the offense.

We took a sketchy QB instead of the playmaking TE. We took the top rated qb in the draft in the 2nd round. low risk hi reward.

SAR: It's a lame draft for QB's. So saying that we took the highest rated QB is code for "we shouldn't have taken any QB in this lame QB draft". And after the Tebow/Sanchez QB mess the last thing this team needed was a Smith/Sanchez QB mess.

We are losing scouts who just worked the draft and are quitting . IDZICK is letting the scouts he doesnt want go and not renewing the contract.

SAR: The exodus of front office and sideline staff continues. While a couple were not renewed, these last two left on their own to escape. No one wants to be here anymore. Quite the turnaround from 2010 when we were the preferred destination for almost every free agent out there.

SAR I
    Speaking of which, how do you multi quote? Wanted to try it but didnt want to **** it up. I use tapatalk, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Banned

SAR I
    The first part made me chuckle...I will respond to the rest of your schtick tomorrow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

SAR doesn't feel that he has to respond to this but is amused by the question.

SAR I
    The NFL tweeted that a Florida atty took out a radio ad & mentions he wants the Jags to sign Tim Tebow. If it works I want to take out a radio ad wanting the Jets to get a new O line. You in?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    The NFL tweeted that a Florida atty took out a radio ad & mentions he wants the Jags to sign Tim Tebow. If it works I want to take out a radio ad wanting the Jets to get a new O line. You in?
    Definitely.

Oh, but OL isn't a big priority. You see, we need to keep drafting defensive linemen until we have a pass rush. Because the bestest head coach in the NFL can't seem to get the 300 draft picks he's personally selected to do it for him, so he has to keep on drafting them year after year after year.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    we are not better...we are MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    Just a list of changes. On the left are the new players to the right old.
    I honestly dont see how we dont at least grab 7 wins with this schedule and the new additions...

QB : Geno Smith --- Mark Sanchez
    RB : Chris Ivory --- Bilal Powell
    FB : Tommy Bohanon --- John Griffin
    G : Willie Colon --- Dennis Landolt
    G : Brian Winters --- Caleb Schlauderaff
    T : Austin Howard --- Vladimir Ducasse
    TE : Jeff Cumberland --- Konrad Reuland
    DE : Sheldon Richardsn --- Quinton Coples
    NT : Antonio Garay --- Sione Pouha
    OLB : Quinton Coples --- Garrett McIntyre
    OLB : Calvin Pace --- Ricky Sapp
    CB : Dee Milliner --- Darrelle Revis
    S : Dawan Landry --- Antonio Allen
    S : Josh Bush --- Josh Bush

Hall Of Fame
    the attitude here is that they don't wait and see...they already consider the 2013 season to be a wash and we are in May....not sure why they will bother to watch any of the games.....its obvious that this team is much better than what was on the field last season...yes we will have to wait and see but to already assume that they will win only 2 games is idiotic.....and to call a schedule brutal is pushing it......every year things happen in the league...to chalk up wins in may is stupid. if I was always that pessimistic, I would give up rooting for this team......sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Hi SAR, I've never argued with you. This is my first time. so take it easy on me.

Ivory and Goodson are pass catching RBs
    Santonio Holmes (hate him if you will) can be considered an add to this year's roster
    Tight Ends - you're right
    With the first round pick, Jets selected Richardson (he plays on the DL)
    Coples moved to OLB
    Revis didn't play last year and the Jets won 6 games. Jets drafted two safeties last year and added Milliner this year.

I think you're jumping the gun on writing off all my points. Don't you think you should wait and see? What if the players we picked up are good?

Hall Of Fame
    they truly do not get it...its sanchez last season...if he actually wins the job then its a good thing......wins offsets everything.....this is a new system...if he wins great...if Garrard or geno wins....great.......makes ZERO sense to cut sanchez when we know that if he stinks up the joint unlike last year we have viable alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    You act like we have other QBs on this roster that we can turn to. Garrard, McElroy, and Smith are all question marks at this point to. They are probably bigger question marks than Sanchez considering none have taken many snaps in the NFL over the past 2 years. Garrard is an injury risk, McElroy is a 2nd stringer at best, and Geno Smith has never taken an NFL snap.

Like I said before, John Idzik does not care what the fans think. We all wanted Tebow gone the day Idzik was hired, but it was dragged out. We all want Braylon back, but it has not happened. We all wanted to see us draft a tight end and a safety, but it didn't happen. We all thought Sanchez would be cut after Geno was drafted, but it has not happened. A large part of the fan base thought he was idiotic for trading Revis but he could care less.

We are talking about a GM who isn't giving out large contracts, who is restructuring big contracts left and right, and who gave out less than $6mil guaranteed on every single FA signing COMBINED, and who does not rush to decisions. So you REALLY think he will cut Sanchez and take the cap hit just to make you season ticket holders happy? I'm sorry, but it is not happening unless he is not one of the top 3 in the competition.

Hall Of Fame
    you truly are clueless....keep the post coming...they are comical.

Not sure what the confusion is.

Those guys don't belong on an NFL roster. Check.

They still are.

We haven't upgraded a damned thing in the passing game. Check.

That's my point. Bad draft. Bad free agency. We're screwed, again, at WR.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    xix live in florida and saw the ad.....it was hilarious...the lawyer who is who owns one of the biggest firms in florida is getting laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Ha it is funny..it doesn't matter we improved the team in many areas, because we didnt improve the WR lol.. It's an "out" for when Sanchez does bad again ( if he is given the chance to play) "well we didnt help mark.. Bla bla bla.." Some trolls are only concerned about mark Sanchez, not the jets.. Izdik can't clean up MTs entire mess in 1 offseason.. Trolls will discredit EVERY single move until Rex is fired because " he ruined Sanchez" you just have to laugh..

Jets Insider VIP
    Seriously sane and intelligentJI posters

WHY do you continue to respond to the LAME BORING shtick from our resident jet hating New Hampshire troll

You are just taking the bait and providing him the only pleasure in his otherwise miserable existence.

UNITE, RISE UP, IGNORE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Seriously sane and intelligentJI posters

WHY do you continue to respond to the LAME BORING shtick from our resident jet hating New Hampshire troll

You are just taking the bait and providing him the only pleasure in his otherwise miserable existence.

UNITE, RISE UP, IGNORE
    It Is entertaining seeing sarry get owned...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post

Really.

How has our passing game improved over last year? Coming out of Cortland in 2012, what's better in 2013? Let's hear it.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Ha it is funny..it doesn't matter we improved the team in many areas, because we didnt improve the WR lol.. It's an "out" for when Sanchez does bad again ( if he is given the chance to play) "well we didnt help mark.. Bla bla bla.." Some trolls are only concerned about mark Sanchez, not the jets.. Izdik can't clean up MTs entire mess in 1 offseason.. Trolls will discredit EVERY single move until Rex is fired because " he ruined Sanchez" you just have to laugh..
    Ten Reason The 2013 Jets Are Better Than The 2012 Jets:

Go. Let's have it, genius.

SAR I

1. Competition at quarterback. Competition always makes everything better, it's basic tenet of capitalism...
    2. Improved interior pass rush by adding an upfield DT (Richardson)
    3. Improved outer pass rush by moving Coples to the DE/OLB/Elephant role
    4. Improved Entire OL by instilling youth and vets: Winters, Aboushi, Colon and Peterman
    5. Return of Santonio Holmes + rumblings of addition of a Vet at WR
    6. Demario Davis adding speed and zone coverage ability at WLB
    7. Explosive Interior runner in Chris Ivory
    8. Addition of a pass catching back in Goodson
    9. An OC who has actual experience running a successful offensive system
    10. Real potential for the future, an enormous amount of cap space for 2014, and a strong young core of interior players. Oh and we drafted the best CB in the draft.
    Last edited by bjetsb; 05-09-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Really.

How has our passing game improved over last year? Coming out of Cortland in 2012, what's better in 2013? Let's hear it.

SAR I
    1. Morny is a much better O-Co than Sparano, with a much better record of production and offensive success in his resume. From this change, the entire O should be improved.

2. Holmes was hurt for 12 games in 2012. He will be healthy in 2013 (to start). He is also aware that 2013 may be his last season if he does not impress.

3. Hill was a rookie in 2012. He is now a 2nd year player, with pro experience under his belt, and a full offseason and camp to work on his ball handling skills.

4. Ivory/Goodson are a backfield recieving upgrade over Shonn Greene in a WCO system. McKnight should see a larger role catching passes in the backfield than under Sparano, better utilizing his skillset (assumign he is kept and not upgraded via veteran FA).

5. The O-line has been solidified and improved (on paper) with the additions of Colon and Winters, and the resigning of Howard. Howard was new to the line last year, he now has a full year as starter under his belt. The line is alos deeper than last year in case of injury.

6. The Jets clearly intend to bring in another veteran WR, an Edwards, or Cribbs, or similar. This is something the 2012 Passing Offense lacked, and should provide more talent, and in the case of Edwards, better blocking.

7. On-Paper, the Jets running game should be improved, thus providing more wiggle-room for whomever the QB is in the passing game.

8. The QB position will be won in a competition amongst three legitimate possabillities. Last year the QB was selected by default, with no legitimate backup. This year, we have three players who can or have played. The position will have to won, and stay won, or the QB will be replaced.

9. The downside: The loss of Keller at TE, even though he was hurt and ineffective for most of 2012, is a downgrade. Cumberland is not Keller, Reuland is not even Cumberland, and Bohanon is a late round rookie unknown at H-Back/TE. Tight End is currently our largest pass catching weakness, although it should be better in the running game/blocking as Keller was a liabillity as a blocker.

As we all know, this is all on-paper analysis. Opinions and judgements based on past performance, core talent, and projection. Opinions will differ.

Now that I've answered your question, I'd ask that you answer mine:

Go. Let's have it, genius.

SAR I
    I like this format.

My question to you is this:

Ten Specific Players/Coaches The 2013 Jets SHOULD HAVE aquired that are Better Than The 2013 Jets DID Aquire, i.e. the Ten SAR Approved Specific "Good Decision" Player/Coach Aquisitions:
    I look forward to your on-topic reply.
    Last edited by Churchill; 05-09-2013 at 11:38 AM.

the 2012 jets pretty much sucked. they won 6 games. 3 of those teams picked ahead of the jets. the jets were lucky to beat miami b/c of those missed fgs. it's really not hard to be better than that team. just get faster on defense.