Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Better off?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Schillens, gates, and gilyard? Nigga please. You can make the argument none of these guys even belong on an nfl roster.
    Not sure what the confusion is.

Those guys don't belong on an NFL roster. Check.

They still are.

We haven't upgraded a damned thing in the passing game. Check.

That's my point. Bad draft. Bad free agency. We're screwed, again, at WR.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

They still are.

SAR I
    Semantics. They are all either #5 receivers, or practice squad quality. No confusion here. The jets can and will replace all of those clowns in due time. It's only may.

Semantics. They are all either #5 receivers, or practice squad quality. No confusion here. The jets can and will replace all of those clowns in due time. It's only may.
    Agreed.

If we go into Pre-Season with the same group current signed, WR will indeed be an average (at best) to below-average (more likely) unit. I fully expect we'll add at least one veteran to our WR corp before Pre-Season Game #1.

Currently we have Holmes #1, Hill #2, Kerley #3 as the starting WR trio.

The full list:

17 Emmanuel Arceneaux
    4 Joseph Collins
    19 Clyde Gates
    16 Vidal Hazelton
    84 Stephen Hill
    10 Santonio Holmes
    11 Jeremy Kerley
    81 Thomas Mayo
    18 Royce Pollard
    -- Zach Rogers
    86 Titus Ryan
    -- Ryan Spadola
    -- K.J. Stroud
    89 Jordan White
    -- Antavious Wilson
    We still have Gates. Schillens is unsigned, but could be replaced by any number of young WR's (for example, Spadola).

More importantly, Braylon Edwards remains unsigned, and his return (strongly rumoured) would be an improvement across the board over Gates/Schillens/et al. and provide a #2 WR, moving Hill to #3/#4, leaving Kerley in the slot and Holmes #1.

It should also be said that in a West Coast system, the RB (here of late unused in the Jets passing game) are relied on much more to catch balls.

And we added two potential ball catchers in the draft other thn WR with 7th rounder Bohanon (seen as a H-Back type) and Mike (no, not that one) Shanahan, an UDFA who cought 62 receptions for 983 receiving yards and six receiving touchdowns his senior year, and was clearly aquired as a shot at getting one of these recent trend of Basketball Playing TE's who can catch. 4 time All-Big East Academic Team as well means Shanny might not be a bad risk, kids whicked smaaaht.
    Last edited by Churchill; 05-07-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

With who?

There's no quality out there. Just more of same.

Another year, another group of 'C' level castoffs, no support for the passing game.

SAR I

With who?

There's no quality out there. Just more of same.

SAR I
    There will be veterans let go in training camp. There always are. They can make a move then.

Jets Insider VIP
    by the number of "this poster is ignored" messages I see on the last page of this thread, I assume another round of sh1tstirring lame daily schtick has begun

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

There will be veterans let go in training camp. There always are. They can make a move then.
    We know that all too well.

I'm tired of waiting for someone's leftover old skill player to fall to us in July because Rex Ryan just had to indulge himself with another defensive end in April.

If you had to pick one unit on the entire team last year and say it was our weak point, it was WR, no question. So we just ignored it. Again.

SAR I

I'm tired of waiting for someone's leftover old skill player to fall to us in July because Rex Ryan just had to indulge himself with another defensive end in April.

If you had to pick one unit on the entire team last year and say it was our weak point, it was WR, no question. So we just ignored it. Again.

SAR I
    the main problem with 2012 wrs is that holmes may not be ready. if you throw holmes, hill and kerley out there, that's ok, not great but not pathetic. there still are no TEs but the rbs can catch. once you take holmes out, you have a huge dropoff and no TEs to pick up the slack.

SAR I
    So who, specificly, would you have aquired by this point if you were GM?

Given how Free Agency went, and how the draft played out, who were your WR aquisition GM SAR?

And who (of the current starting trio of Holmes/Hill/Kerley) are you benching/cutting?

Sar's analysis is correct, particularly when it comes the offense. If Holmes is your number one receiver, then I don't care who is playing QB, it wont matter. The new running backs are a wash with Greene.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Sar's analysis is correct, particularly when it comes the offense. If Holmes is your number one receiver, then I don't care who is playing QB, it wont matter. The new running backs are a wash with Greene.

You saying sars analysis is correct is just about as old as hearing sar bitxh about rex ryan. Get off your knees and have an opinion of your own. Santonio holmes when healthy is one of the better route running wrs in the league. Does he suck as a human? yes is he a big #1 wr like cj aj lf? No can he be very productive with a good accurate qb? Absolutely.
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You are constantly referencing the homosexual sex act. Feel free my boy to be who you are! By the way, Santonio Holmes quit on the Jets two years ago. Obviously you didn't watch his route running.

They still are.

SAR I
    I hope you realize this is a rebuilding process and can't be done overnight. We are projected to get 4 compensatory picks next year leaving us with 12 and tons of cap space.. Our WRs/TEs are awful now I don't think anyone's arguing that but there's plenty of time to add weapons next year. We aren't in a position to contend anyway so we just need to be patient.

We left the draft with 2 good defensive players, the top rated QB in the draft, some OL starters / depth and a RB with big upside. Give Idzik some damn time before you call for him to get fired.
    Last edited by Jet Life; 05-07-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Veteran
    You are constantly referencing the homosexual sex act. Feel free my boy to be who you are! By the way, Santonio Holmes quit on the Jets two years ago. Obviously you didn't watch his route running.
    I'm not even going to respond to thr first part....I Did say he sucked as a human did I not ? He is a great route runner a d you can not deny that.

Yes its rebuilding process, and yes our TE's and WR's are really inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    I'm not even going to respond to thr first part....I Did say he sucked as a human did I not ? He is a great route runner a d you can not deny that.

Only in your bizarre world view. A great route runner runs his routes with energy and precision. Your boy Holmes dogged it while throwing his usual temper tantrum. Again you want to play this game, you are not going to win.
    Enough of your insults. Watch the tape.

Veteran
    Only in your bizarre world view. A great route runner runs his routes with energy and precision. Your boy Holmes dogged it while throwing his usual temper tantrum. Again you want to play this game, you are not going to win.
    Enough of your insults. Watch the tape.
    Lets get this straight I do not like holmes, he has shown he is a dog. But did you not see the the qb throwing terribly inaccurate balls to him every game. I'd be extremely frustrated too. Doesn't take away that he is one of the better route runners in the nfl.

Jets88NY: "Hey guys! Give me your opinion if we're better off this year!"

Poster: "My opinion is, no, we are not better off."

Jets88NY: "You are wrong. You are annoying. You are garbage. I am not talking to you."

Comedy Gold. You can't make this stuff up.

SAR I
    how many of the 38 thousand posts youve made were positive / agreeing with people?

If the QB isn't up to snuff--you quit? Do you have any idea what the man makes a year? Hey, based on what I can see with the QB's we are auditioning, he might be quitting again this year.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    So who, specificly, would you have aquired by this point if you were GM?

Given how Free Agency went, and how the draft played out, who were your WR aquisition GM SAR?

And who (of the current starting trio of Holmes/Hill/Kerley) are you benching/cutting?
    I would have traded up a few spots for that playmaking WR in the first round.

I would have taken that TE in the second round.

I would look at other team's established #2 WR and traded for one of those.

We signed Holmes who is on the back side and is coming off a major injury. Hill is as advertised- Mr. Dropsy. Keller is gone. After that is a bag of pucks. That's no way to enter the 2013 season. Our passing game is worse than last year, unacceptable.

SAR I