Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Are We Better off?

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That's the first intelligent thing you've said.

I'm not here to entertain you. You're here to entertain me.

SAR I
    Lol that statement coming from anyone else or your 2 cheerleaders and I'd be slightly offended.. But everything you say is always the opposite of what is really true so I thank you SIR

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    once again, Thanks JI for that magic little function that allows you to ignore the same old same old same old routine
    He can't see this so let's have a little fun.

Who is 60 years old and weighs 300 pounds?

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    once again, Thanks JI for that magic little function that allows you to ignore the same old same old same old routine
    Every one of his posts is quoted, everyone knows you haven't missed a single one.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Have to agree here & hope the new GM can fill Cappy's shoes. Say what you want about Tannenbaum, but it has yet to be seen if getting rid of him was the right move for the team.
    Really, I thought you knew better than that?

First off, I am 100% in complete agreement with Idzik on who was let go. I feel we should have gotten more for Revis, but I wanted him gone too.

Of the 13 guys we have lost, I don't see any legitimate replacements. Third stringers from bad teams and a bunch of rookies, that's what we are facing right now. And of the 9 returning starters, lets say 3 of them aren't very good.

What do you call a team that only has 6 NFL caliber starters and is pinning its hopes on 16 unproven JAG's and rookies?

An expansion team.

We are the Cleveland Browns because Rex Ryan took a strong core of Mangini's and some decent Ryan Ravens and did nothing to replenish it or build upon it. Everything since the 2008/9 offseason that Rex Ryan has touched on this roster hasn't performed, regressed, and has now been ejected.

SAR I
    SAR you amaze me ... Every time I think you cannot get any worse as a downer poster you outdo yourself by a mile ... Hahahaha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    SAR you amaze me ... Every time I think you cannot get any worse as a downer poster you outdo yourself by a mile ... Hahahaha ha.
    And, actually, I'm not down on the Jets, not at all.

I'm just not optimistic yet. It's sort of like the night before surgery. You know that it'll all be over in 24 hours and that you're going to feel a whole lot better, but at that moment you're still in pain and you know you're getting cut open in a few hours. It's just a realistic view.

Hey, if God came down and said:

"SAR, I will make the Jets a 9 win team for 12 out of 15 years in a row, only will be bad when I strike down your quarterback, you will have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl. Furthermore, I will give you 3 AFC Championship Game appearances with a fair chance at winning all 3. In exchange for this, after the 15 years are up the Jets will suck for 5 years. Deal?"

SAR would have said "Hell yes."

SAR I

And, actually, I'm not down on the Jets, not at all.

I'm just not optimistic yet. It's sort of like the night before surgery. You know that it'll all be over in 24 hours and that you're going to feel a whole lot better, but at that moment you're still in pain and you know you're getting cut open in a few hours. It's just a realistic view.

Hey, if God came down and said:

"SAR, I will make the Jets a 9 win team for 12 out of 15 years in a row, only will be bad when I strike down your quarterback, you will have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl. Furthermore, I will give you 3 AFC Championship Game appearances with a fair chance at winning all 3. In exchange for this, after the 15 years are up the Jets will suck for 5 years. Deal?"

SAR would have said "Hell yes."

SAR I
    That is fine ... Why post doom and gloom though?? I don't expect the team to win more than 6 games. But ... I am very excited to see all the young talent play their asses off. The team is moving in the right direction. It's a better place to be than the last two years. Be happy !

All Pro
    He can't see this so let's have a little fun.

Who is 60 years old and weighs 300 pounds?

SAR I
    Willie Colon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    That is fine ... Why post doom and gloom though?? I don't expect the team to win more than 6 games. But ... I am very excited to see all the young talent play their asses off. The team is moving in the right direction. It's a better place to be than the last two years. Be happy !
    I'll be happy when Rex Ryan is dismissed.

My view, the rebuilding really hasn't begun. Yes we have a GM who is following the rebuild playbook, but if we go something like 4-12 that would mean that the last 3 years of the Ryan era would look like 18-30, he'd be fired, and we're legitimately looking at our 4th offensive coordinator in 4 years.

SAR I