Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 249

Thread: Are We Better off?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Going to make a killing on the Jets getting killed.

    SAR I
    In 1940, your type would have been buying up wurst shares and learning to speak German.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,149
    keeping the girly headband wearing Turnover Queen around for another season because we owe him money which is apparently today's excuse for him from SCHTICK I violates the most basic business principle of all...

    DON'T THROW GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD

    we owe this bust the money whether he plays or not

    If he plays, he screws up another season with another barrage of interceptions and fumbles

    If he sits, or preferably if he is released to make photo spreads for GQ full time on or after June 1, his cost to the Jets is the same BUT the 2013 season has a far better chance of being worth seeing.

    I can understand, I guess, when a certain "fan's" primary goal for the season is to sell off all his cheap end zone seats to try and make a profit, eat pretzels and root for the Jets to lose to make his 2-14 prediction more accurate, keeping his "boy" Suckchez at QB is major priorit

    Those of us who will still be supporting this team, going to games and rooting for them to win don't want to see Turnover#6 around after June 1 or EVER

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyWill View Post
    .

    Btw, the Raiders don't have a guaranteed win against anyone this year. You cannot type that on this forum without laughing to yourself as you do it.
    Sure they do.

    We'll be 2-10 by that point. It doesn't matter that we might win; what matters is that Raiders fans will see that game as a gimmie and scoop up my seats months earlier.

    And I also pray the Jets are good. Means I can fleece some Jets fans at 2x face value too.

    SAR I

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Sure they do.

    We'll be 2-10 by that point. It doesn't matter that we might win; what matters is that Raiders fans will see that game as a gimmie and scoop up my seats months earlier.

    And I also pray the Jets are good. Means I can fleece some Jets fans at 2x face value too.

    SAR I
    SAR I want you to listen to me and listen good. I'm trying to help you out. I say this with the up most respect and with intentions of you taking this at constructive criticism but someone needs to tell you man.. You are a *****. You are a ***** with a very serious social problem. Like I said before if you have a woman go and give her passion because I'm telling you there's no way she isn't cheating on you if this is you. I can promise you that. I'm trying to help you out.

    I wish you the best in life.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Yes, we are better off mostly, but weaker at some spots too as of today:

    1. At QB, we are stronger with a higher future upside. Sanchez/Tebow/McElroy offered very little for now or the future. A Sanchez/Gerrard/Smith combination provides veteran competition for sanchez in Gerrard at best, or a veteran backup at worst, and Smith provides a long-term developmental player going forward that mcElroy was not.

    2. At RB, we are stronger. Greene was a perenial dissapointment with no big-gain abillity, questionable durabillity and stamina. Bringing in Ivory and Goodson provides two players that both have #1 RB potential. With both Powell and mcKnight retained, RB appears a deep position in potential now, but it IS potential for now.

    3. Wide Reciever is unchanged materially. Holmes is back, Hill the #2, Kerley the slot. We all expect a veteran to be brought in a la Edwards. A Holmes/Edwards/Hill/Kerley rotation is perfectly acceptable in the NFL, average in talent.

    4. Tight End got worse. The loss of Keller, and Baker's injury settlement/cut leaves us with Cumberland and Rouland. The addition of 7th rounder Bohanon cannot be counted on, and the Aussie is another total unknown/longshot. TE is not a strength currently.

    5. The O-line got better. We cut loose old or underperforming players (Moore, Slauson) and drafted two potential day 1 starters in Winters and Aboushi, as well as added considerable developmental/depth to the line.

    6. The D-line got better. A 4-man front (regardless of what their supposed position is) of Coples--Richardson--Ellis--Wilkerson is as talented as any in the NFL, and should be very good....in time. Expect most of our long-lost pass rush to come from these 4 players.

    7. Linebacker got worse, slightly. Thomas was pretty well used up. Same for Bartt Scott. These are additions via subtractions. Pace returned, old and also mostly used up. All we really added was A. Barnes, who isnt a very special player. Linebacker remains a position of weakness, but clearly one were going to go all in on via younger players already on the roster, barring camp castoff pickups.

    8. D-Backfield got worse, albeit not by much. Revis was gone all year, and his loss hurts. He was replaced by the best CB coming out of college. Cro is a legit #1 CB as he showed last year. Not a Revis, but comparative to other #1 CBs. Wilson needs to step up. The safeties we lost was a mixed bag. Losing Landry hurts, his brother is not his equal. Losing old man Bell does not hurt, he (like our LBs) was effectively a veteran placeholder.

    9. Specials remain the same. Same kicker, new punter, mostly the same younger guys filling spots.

    10. Coaching got better. Sparano was a disaster, the Cane had a very down year. Mornhinweg should be a material improvement, and Kotwica was the Canes assistant and chosen replacement. Rex Ryan is Rex Ryan.he appears quite less than he was in the past, but that may only be a offseason gag order. Well see if hes really be neutered or not come camp.
    Excellent, sensible post. Thank you

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by NuJurzy87 View Post
    SAR I want you to listen to me and listen good. I'm trying to help you out. I say this with the up most respect and with intentions of you taking this at constructive criticism but someone needs to tell you man.. You are a *****. You are a ***** with a very serious social problem. Like I said before if you have a woman go and give her passion because I'm telling you there's no way she isn't cheating on you if this is you. I can promise you that. I'm trying to help you out.

    I wish you the best in life.
    Go here:

    http://www.globalrichlist.com/wealth

    Type $4,300,000 in the "value of your investments box".

    Thank you for wishing me the 'best in life', but I'm already there, don't need your help.

    SAR I

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,327
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Our Secondary is much worse.

    Our Running Backs are flat, might even be a step back.

    We added no WR's to replace Schillens, Gates, and Gilyard.

    We added no TE's to replace Keller.

    We added no pass-catching RB to replace Tomlinson (Year 3).

    We added no pass rushing DL or LB.

    The offense is worse than last year right now. Edwards, Keller, Greene gone.

    The defense is worse than last year right now. Revis, Landry, Bell gone.

    4-12.

    SAR I
    Replacing what? Practice squad players?

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Replacing what? Practice squad players?
    Exactly my point.

    We didn't address our biggest area of need.

    SAR I

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Exactly my point.

    We didn't address our biggest area of need.

    SAR I
    Not a very difficult task upgrading over teh Chaz Schilenses and Marty Gilyards. I could literally find a guy off the street who could play WR better than those clowns. I think Hill has a breakout year next year and Tone gives us 800 yards and 4 tds. Jets should sign Braylon Edwards.

  10. #50
    Perhaps Jets management sees a Holmes/Hill/Kerley trio, with perhaps a Braylon Edwards or Camp castoff added, as acceptable talent at that position.

    Holmes is a 800-900 yard/season WR.

    Edwards was as well, and could be again if healthy.

    Hill is clearly a draft pick management likes and wants to foster/develop.

    And Kerley is an excellent, if underutilized, slot reciever.

    Expectations that this position was going to be overhauled was a bit of a premature fantasy. We're too financially tied to Holmes. Hill is too young as yet to dump. And Kerley is well regarded, rightfully so, in the slot. This was not a position we were investing in int he draft, outside perhaps the kid from WVU.

    I'd expect one more veteran body added, and thats that for 2012. IMO (if healthy) a group of Holmes/Hill/Kerley/Veteran/Cumberland/Bohanon is enough for where we are this year.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Perhaps Jets management sees a Holmes/Hill/Kerley trio, with perhaps a Braylon Edwards or Camp castoff added, as acceptable talent at that position.

    Holmes is a 800-900 yard/season WR.

    Edwards was as well, and could be again if healthy.

    Hill is clearly a draft pick management likes and wants to foster/develop.

    And Kerley is an excellent, if underutilized, slot reciever.

    Expectations that this position was going to be overhauled was a bit of a premature fantasy. We're too financially tied to Holmes. Hill is too young as yet to dump. And Kerley is well regarded, rightfully so, in the slot. This was not a position we were investing in int he draft, outside perhaps the kid from WVU.

    I'd expect one more veteran body added, and thats that for 2012. IMO (if healthy) a group of Holmes/Hill/Kerley/Veteran/Cumberland/Bohanon is enough for where we are this year.
    Exactly.. Plus no worthy receiver FA would come here while Sanchez is the qb.. Next yr I'm sure we will focus on WR, S, and LBs in draft and FA.. Give geno a yr to learn something mark never could..izdik had a lot of work to do and I'm impressed what he's done in both signings, trade, draft.. Didnt have a lot to work with after the mess MT left.. 14 will be ready to compete, and # 6 will be fighting for roster spot as a #3 qb somewhere far from here..

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    There is no "wrong" on an opinion.

    SAR I
    There is stupid, though. Quite a bit.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Yes, we are better off mostly, but weaker at some spots too as of today:

    1. At QB, we are stronger with a higher future upside. Sanchez/Tebow/McElroy offered very little for now or the future. A Sanchez/Gerrard/Smith combination provides veteran competition for sanchez in Gerrard at best, or a veteran backup at worst, and Smith provides a long-term developmental player going forward that mcElroy was not.

    2. At RB, we are stronger. Greene was a perenial dissapointment with no big-gain abillity, questionable durabillity and stamina. Bringing in Ivory and Goodson provides two players that both have #1 RB potential. With both Powell and mcKnight retained, RB appears a deep position in potential now, but it IS potential for now.

    3. Wide Reciever is unchanged materially. Holmes is back, Hill the #2, Kerley the slot. We all expect a veteran to be brought in a la Edwards. A Holmes/Edwards/Hill/Kerley rotation is perfectly acceptable in the NFL, average in talent.

    4. Tight End got worse. The loss of Keller, and Baker's injury settlement/cut leaves us with Cumberland and Rouland. The addition of 7th rounder Bohanon cannot be counted on, and the Aussie is another total unknown/longshot. TE is not a strength currently.

    5. The O-line got better. We cut loose old or underperforming players (Moore, Slauson) and drafted two potential day 1 starters in Winters and Aboushi, as well as added considerable developmental/depth to the line.

    6. The D-line got better. A 4-man front (regardless of what their supposed position is) of Coples--Richardson--Ellis--Wilkerson is as talented as any in the NFL, and should be very good....in time. Expect most of our long-lost pass rush to come from these 4 players.

    7. Linebacker got worse, slightly. Thomas was pretty well used up. Same for Bartt Scott. These are additions via subtractions. Pace returned, old and also mostly used up. All we really added was A. Barnes, who isnt a very special player. Linebacker remains a position of weakness, but clearly one were going to go all in on via younger players already on the roster, barring camp castoff pickups.

    8. D-Backfield got worse, albeit not by much. Revis was gone all year, and his loss hurts. He was replaced by the best CB coming out of college. Cro is a legit #1 CB as he showed last year. Not a Revis, but comparative to other #1 CBs. Wilson needs to step up. The safeties we lost was a mixed bag. Losing Landry hurts, his brother is not his equal. Losing old man Bell does not hurt, he (like our LBs) was effectively a veteran placeholder.

    9. Specials remain the same. Same kicker, new punter, mostly the same younger guys filling spots.

    10. Coaching got better. Sparano was a disaster, the Cane had a very down year. Mornhinweg should be a material improvement, and Kotwica was the Canes assistant and chosen replacement. Rex Ryan is Rex Ryan.he appears quite less than he was in the past, but that may only be a offseason gag order. Well see if hes really be neutered or not come camp.

    every single team in the NFl thinks they are better on paper than last year. It means very little right now and the only think that matters is what happens when the games are played.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    every single team in the NFl thinks they are better on paper than last year. It means very little right now and the only think that matters is what happens when the games are played.
    Agreed.

    But until the team takes the field in mini-camps, preseason and the regular season, all we have is "on-paper" to discuss and analyze.

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,149
    Most every team is probably better than when they ended last season with discarded dead wood players, new coaches and GMs, FAs, new drafted rookies and udfas

    Well maybe every team but the Raidaz

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    Agreed, i grabbed the roster from right before the draft, should have used last years.

    Heres the games i can see us winning, obviously not everyone, but each game by itself is not a reach at all. I think its reasonable we win 6/9 of these.

    Week1 Bucs
    Week3 Bills
    Week3 Titans
    Week11 Bills
    Week13 Dolphins
    Week14 Raiders
    Week15 Panthers
    Week16 Browns
    Week17 Dolphins


    Optimistic, but at least you have a thought. They lose one to Mi. Bucs are very improved, especially on D. Lost last year to Tenn. Panthers are not anywhere near a lock. Raiders, one Bills and Browns are fairly sure.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Go here:

    http://www.globalrichlist.com/wealth

    Type $4,300,000 in the "value of your investments box".

    Thank you for wishing me the 'best in life', but I'm already there, don't need your help.

    SAR I
    Don't listen to him SAR, that guys a tool!

  18. #58
    On draft day We took the best corner, best DT, best qb, in draft..and aquired a Rb who is easily better than any rb in the draft .. And only had to give up a 4th..Ironically MT wasted a 4th on tebow, he got a no value back.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I'm never hard on anyone, so no need to take it easy. We're all Jets fans here.

    Ivory is not a receiving RB, Goodson was but only once in 4 years:

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...87/chris-ivory
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...9/mike-goodson

    Holmes, even when healthy, is now our only receiving threat especially with the loss of Keller. He was doubled and neutralized last year, might get worse with out the TE this year.

    Richardson, Milliner......don't get sucked in to the Rookie Vortex. We do this every year in May, fall in love with college boys, pin our hopes to rookie contributors, and nothing happens.

    We all wait and see, definitely could have made some nice additions. But as we sit here on May 6, we are a team that lost 13 of 22 starters and haven't addressed WR or TE at all and know our Secondary can't be as good. Rookies under Ryan have never contributed in a major way.

    We are rebuilding. No crime in that. It means that there is no chance of the playoffs. So pick a win total between 3 and 6 and hope for nice weather and tasty sausage because that's all this season can bring you as a fan.

    SAR I
    +1. So now the question becomes "Do we take another QB in 2014?"

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Our Secondary is much worse.

    Our Running Backs are flat, might even be a step back.

    We added no WR's to replace Schillens, Gates, and Gilyard.

    We added no TE's to replace Keller.

    We added no pass-catching RB to replace Tomlinson (Year 3).

    We added no pass rushing DL or LB.

    The offense is worse than last year right now. Edwards, Keller, Greene gone.

    The defense is worse than last year right now. Revis, Landry, Bell gone.

    4-12.

    SAR I


    Schillens, gates, and gilyard? Nigga please. You can make the argument none of these guys even belong on an nfl roster.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us