Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 249

Thread: Are We Better off?

  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    If your position is this, then it appears you're in lockstep with the GM and Head Coach you claim to disagree with. They are giving Mark Sanchez every opportunity to win the job in 2013, and prove his detractors wrong via his own quality of play.

    The idea that Sanchez will only fail because of the talent around him, and that he will not, in fact, be judged on his own play, is simply not based in informed facts. It implies that if Sanchez plays great, but his supporting cast fails, he will not be fairly judged on his own play. Such a viewpoint exposes denial that Mark Sanchez has, to this point, generally been a regular season dissapointment in his own personally responsible quality of play, specificly in his pass accuracy, mobillity, ball handling and leadership.



    What denial is that?

    Rex Ryan is unquestionable a Head Coach on the hot-seat. He probably should have been fired, and would have been by many teams. He probably WILL be fired at years end if he fails in any material way. With that said, keeping a sitting head coach for one year under a new GM is not that uncommon in sports before making wholesale changes. What is being denied?

    We are weak on-paper at the Wide receiver position. This is true, but it's equally true that we have one player we're financially tied to (Holmes), a 2nd year player they're simply not going to dump in year 2 (Hill) and a quality underutilized slot receiver (Kerley). Tight End is a clear weakness today, with only unknowns in place at current.

    And you continue to ignore that the WCO will utilize our RB's more, and clearly the team (GM) thinks adding Ivory and Goodson IS an upgrade. Your pronouncements of these young players as failures-in-advance is clearly premature. The most certainly COULD fail. But declaring them as failures now is simply invalid.

    We have a number of other weaknesses. Linebacker (where the team appears today to favor unproven youth), Safety (clearly a weak spot).

    Even special teams could suffer, given the loss of certain performers and the staff change.

    With that said, it's May. Free Agency and Camp often has a lot of activity, including players cut loose who can still perform. Declaring the entire off season a bust is simply preemptive negativity.



    Again, keeping it simple:

    1. You decry almost every single aspect of the team, it's management, it's front office, it's staff and it's players as bad, often in advance.

    2. When questioned specifically, you are not able to provide even a single specific instance of an real-world alternative option.

    Respectfully, if you cannot posit an alternative that would be acceptable to you as a "good decision", specifically, you are not someone who should be listened to regarding the "poor" choices that were actually made.

    The team may (or may not) be bad in its record, but your arguments lack any form of educated informed specific criticism that would lead one to believe your talent and managerial evaluation has merit.

    It's very easy to say "everything sucks, boo" when your team win 6 games, it's far harder to explain why it sucks, where it could/should be specifically improved and how, or to view acquisitions/decisions with a more critical and nuanced mind that the "universal everything sucks and will always suck" viewpoint you've laid out to this point.



    Irrelevant, deflecting fluff of no import.
    This deserves to be at the top of a page.

  2. #142
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,154
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    what's the difference b/t SAR and patsfantx anyway, besides favorite team?
    TX is short and to the point, sometimes witty and knowledgable

    SHTICKY is verbose, lame, arrogant, repetitive and, in summary, a tiresome bore

    Make the trade, JI...do it

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    If your position is this, then it appears you're in lockstep with the GM and Head Coach you claim to disagree with. They are giving Mark Sanchez every opportunity to win the job in 2013, and prove his detractors wrong via his own quality of play.

    The idea that Sanchez will only fail because of the talent around him, and that he will not, in fact, be judged on his own play, is simply not based in informed facts. It implies that if Sanchez plays great, but his supporting cast fails, he will not be fairly judged on his own play. Such a viewpoint exposes denial that Mark Sanchez has, to this point, generally been a regular season dissapointment in his own personally responsible quality of play, specificly in his pass accuracy, mobillity, ball handling and leadership.

    What denial is that?

    Rex Ryan is unquestionable a Head Coach on the hot-seat. He probably should have been fired, and would have been by many teams. He probably WILL be fired at years end if he fails in any material way. With that said, keeping a sitting head coach for one year under a new GM is not that uncommon in sports before making wholesale changes. What is being denied?

    We are weak on-paper at the Wide receiver position. This is true, but it's equally true that we have one player we're financially tied to (Holmes), a 2nd year player they're simply not going to dump in year 2 (Hill) and a quality underutilized slot receiver (Kerley). Tight End is a clear weakness today, with only unknowns in place at current.

    And you continue to ignore that the WCO will utilize our RB's more, and clearly the team (GM) thinks adding Ivory and Goodson IS an upgrade. Your pronouncements of these young players as failures-in-advance is clearly premature. The most certainly COULD fail. But declaring them as failures now is simply invalid.

    We have a number of other weaknesses. Linebacker (where the team appears today to favor unproven youth), Safety (clearly a weak spot).

    Even special teams could suffer, given the loss of certain performers and the staff change.

    With that said, it's May. Free Agency and Camp often has a lot of activity, including players cut loose who can still perform. Declaring the entire off season a bust is simply preemptive negativity.

    Again, keeping it simple:

    1. You decry almost every single aspect of the team, it's management, it's front office, it's staff and it's players as bad, often in advance.

    2. When questioned specifically, you are not able to provide even a single specific instance of an real-world alternative option.

    Respectfully, if you cannot posit an alternative that would be acceptable to you as a "good decision", specifically, you are not someone who should be listened to regarding the "poor" choices that were actually made.

    The team may (or may not) be bad in its record, but your arguments lack any form of educated informed specific criticism that would lead one to believe your talent and managerial evaluation has merit.

    It's very easy to say "everything sucks, boo" when your team win 6 games, it's far harder to explain why it sucks, where it could/should be specifically improved and how, or to view acquisitions/decisions with a more critical and nuanced mind that the "universal everything sucks and will always suck" viewpoint you've laid out to this point.

    Irrelevant, deflecting fluff of no import.
    My daytime posts are made from the office on an iPad. For this type of threaded and detailed conversation it needs to wait until I get home and have a mouse.

    Half of what you've typed is personal opinion of me as a poster and that's a TOS violation that I won't participate in. And if you keep it up I won't respond to you at all. Where you raise an actual point about the Jets that is not a personal attack of SAR, I will respond.

    SAR I

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    what's the difference b/t SAR and patsfantx anyway, besides favorite team?
    I have no idea as I don't read his posts.

    See, that's the beautiful thing about a discussion forum. You aren't forced to read anything and its quite easy to avoid those topics or posters you find displeasurable. If you don't like chocolate ice cream, stop eating it.

    SAR I

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    My daytime posts are made from the office on an iPad. For this type of threaded and detailed conversation it needs to wait until I get home and have a mouse.
    You have my regrets that your chosen office computing option suffers such limited composing functionality.

    Half of what you've typed is personal opinion of me as a poster and that's a TOS violation that I won't participate in. And if you keep it up I won't respond to you at all. Where you raise an actual point about the Jets that is not a personal attack of SAR, I will respond.

    SAR I
    That decision is yours, of course.

    I would say my comments are opinions on your opinions, and the inherant weaknesses, presumptions and contradictions they posess.

    I consider this threads exchange sucessfully completed.
    Last edited by Churchill; 05-08-2013 at 12:50 PM.

  6. #146
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    7,727
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    what's the difference b/t SAR and patsfantx anyway, besides favorite team?
    One is a Giants fan, and the other is a (closet)Jets fan

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    My daytime posts are made from the office on an iPad. For this type of threaded and detailed conversation it needs to wait until I get home and have a mouse.

    Half of what you've typed is personal opinion of me as a poster and that's a TOS violation that I won't participate in. And if you keep it up I won't respond to you at all. Where you raise an actual point about the Jets that is not a personal attack of SAR, I will respond.

    SAR I
    I know im new here and this is my last post to you.

    Its very simple, it seems like there are a lot of people here that do a decent amount of research on options the jets can take and are very knowledgable on that and the formation of there opionions.

    While your opinions are your opinions and thats fine. They seem like those of an angry fan that hasnt done his homework on how the jets can get better and is just saying random things he heard on ESPN or read from the title of a news article.

    That being said, you ruin almost every thread ive seen you post in because it becomes about you and not about the initial thread.

    Thats all folks....Ignored.

  8. #148
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post



    Thats all folks....Ignored.

    WELCOME to the fastest growing club in ALL of Jets Insider.

    I'm thinking we need membership Tee Shirts

    ,

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    I know im new here and this is my last post to you.

    Its very simple, it seems like there are a lot of people here that do a decent amount of research on options the jets can take and are very knowledgable on that and the formation of there opionions.

    While your opinions are your opinions and thats fine. They seem like those of an angry fan that hasnt done his homework on how the jets can get better and is just saying random things he heard on ESPN or read from the title of a news article.

    That being said, you ruin almost every thread ive seen you post in because it becomes about you and not about the initial thread.

    Thats all folks....Ignored.
    As usual, a hater who just joined JI to say mean things before he fades into oblivion.

    It's a little hard to "ruin every thread" when I'm active in just 2 out of 35 others on Page 1 of the Landing Strip.

    What truly "ruins every thread" are posters that only want to criticize other posters. Good job.

    SAR I

  10. #150
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets88NY View Post
    I know im new here and this is my last post to you.


    Thats all folks....Ignored.
    That is hysterical in its own way.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    As usual, a hater who just joined JI to say mean things before he fades into oblivion.

    It's a little hard to "ruin every thread" when I'm active in just 2 out of 35 others on Page 1 of the Landing Strip.

    What truly "ruins every thread" are posters that only want to criticize other posters. Good job.

    SAR I
    Hate to comment on the obvious... but you just spent three paragraphs criticizing another poster. Aren't you the guy that takes the high road?

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Hate to comment on the obvious... but you just spent three paragraphs criticizing another poster. Aren't you the guy that takes the high road?
    Yeah.

    99 out of 100 times. Today's the day.

    SAR I

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yeah.

    99 out of 100 times. Today's the day.

    SAR I
    Do I get some sort of badge for calling that? All of a sudden, I feel special.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    Hate to comment on the obvious... but you just spent three paragraphs criticizing another poster. Aren't you the guy that takes the high road?
    Gets owned by Churchill and threatens to tell on him or no longer respond to him lol..

  15. #155
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Since the hiring of Idzik is one of the Jets biggest fails then every move he makes comes under question.

    We lost 13 starters. - Revis and Landry are the only ones that will hurt, Revis wanted too much money and Landry Got too much money.
    We signed questionable JAG's. Your judge of talent has been questionable at best.
    We allowed a lame duck HC to being in another OC for a single year. Shtick
    We misplayed the Revis opportunity, got a bad deal. - How we got a 1 (top 15 pic) and 3 with only 1 suitor coming off a major injury.
    We misplayed the Tebow spot, held him through the draft for nothing. We made every opportunity to trade him but NOBODY WANTED HIM. Cutting him before the draft had no benefit at all.
    We couldn't trade down to get more picks so we took a CB. We drafted the BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE who happen to be a CB most people had as a top 5 pick.
    We couldn't trade up to get the WR so we took a DE. ???The jets are in no position to trade up, the essentially fixed their olb position by drafting the best interior pass rusher allowing the jets to move coples to the outside.
    We took a sketchy QB instead of the playmaking TE. We took the top rated qb in the draft in the 2nd round. low risk hi reward.
    We have just created another QB circus when the last one was a disaster. ??????
    We are losing scouts who just worked the draft and are quitting . IDZICK is letting the scouts he doesnt want go and not renewing the contract.

    It's raining today, sunshine.

    SAR I
    Your comments above is why everyone is sick of your ****. You clearly can not believe half of that bs and it is your intent just to piss people off. This why people call you a troll. IF the jets traded for aaron rodgers for a 7th round pick you would find a way to put a negative spin on it.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    what's the difference b/t SAR and patsfantx anyway, besides favorite team?
    SAR still has solid bowel movements and is allowed to drive.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Your comments above is why everyone is sick of your ****. You clearly can not believe half of that bs and it is your intent just to piss people off. This why people call you a troll. IF the jets traded for aaron rodgers for a 7th round pick you would find a way to put a negative spin on it.
    "Everyone" is not sick of SAR. I count the same 3 people who, by the way, are polluting this forum with the very repetitive crap that you're accusing SAR of. You are worse than any troll on Jets Insider has ever been.

    I believe EVERY word I wrote. EVERY word. I don't waste my time posting garbage like you do. I have a life.

    Cut the crap.

    SAR I

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "Everyone" is not sick of SAR. I count the same 3 people who, by the way, are polluting this forum with the very repetitive crap that you're accusing SAR of. You are worse than any troll on Jets Insider has ever been.

    I believe EVERY word I wrote. EVERY word. I don't waste my time posting garbage like you do. I have a life.

    Cut the crap.

    SAR I
    Not that I hate you like some of the people here do... because I actually find you pretty entertaining, if not enlightening.

    But why are you referring to yourself in the third person?

    I'm not even sure that "third person" is the correct term, because you are referring to yourself in the third while referring to yourself by your message board acronym.

    Is there even a term for that?

  19. #159
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "Everyone" is not sick of SAR. I count the same 3 people who, by the way, are polluting this forum with the very repetitive crap that you're accusing SAR of. You are worse than any troll on Jets Insider has ever been.

    I believe EVERY word I wrote. EVERY word. I don't waste my time posting garbage like you do. I have a life.

    Cut the crap.

    SAR I
    3? Haha ok. NOT one response to any of my comments to your bs statements. I'm Sarry you don't like my posts, because you know its my job to please you.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    3? Haha ok. NOT one response to any of my comments to your bs statements. I'm Sarry you don't like my posts, because you know its my job to please you.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    What comments? If you have comments germane to the Jets, I'll respond, I never back away from debate.

    All I saw was another personal attack.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us