Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish leaving South Florida?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Fish leaving South Florida?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...s-ceo-mike-dee

Don't let the door hit them in the Ass on the way out of town.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Dee said in the interview that 73-year-old owner Stephen Ross has no intentions to move the franchise, but at some point he'll sell the team and the aging stadium will be an issue confronting the new owner."

that doesn't sound definitive at all

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    That would be great if they moved to LA. They would have more fans in LA than they do here in Miami.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    "Dee said in the interview that 73-year-old owner Stephen Ross has no intentions to move the franchise, but at some point he'll sell the team and the aging stadium will be an issue confronting the new owner."

Sorry, the heading should have had a ? At the end. It would be hard to believe.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...s-ceo-mike-dee

Don't let the door hit them in the Ass on the way out of town.
    The State of Florida did not reject the Miami Dolphins - they rejected Stephen Ross!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post

What a baby. My billionare owner didnt get a government handout from a city that just got screwed by another sports franchise.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they will end up settling...unfortunately they are not going anywhere.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 800 pound gorilla in the room is London. I think they'd be crazy to move the Dolphins there but you know the NFL wants it in order to become a global brand.

Miami Dolphin fans aren't the most dedicated bunch. Doesn't help when half the time your run the risk of getting soaked in the rain. All the attention in that city goes towards the Heat.

This may sound crazy but I think NFL should consider contraction to 30 teams. Nix Miami and Jacksonville, move a couple of teams around and we get 6 divisions of 5 teams each. Would make things more interesting.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post

This may sound crazy but I think NFL should consider contraction to 30 teams. Nix Miami and Jacksonville, move a couple of teams around and we get 6 divisions of 5 teams each. Would make things more interesting.

??? What???

Even if the league would be better amongst the team talent wise with contraction, how does a 'business' franchise in the NFL get 'contracted'...when it's worth hundreds of millions of $? Now, if that franchise is cash insolvent that's one thing, but neither Jax or Mia is going bankrupt.

Are the rest of the NFL owners going to buy those two out for another like 2% of the NFL profit pie?

Not happening

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would actually make sense for the Dolphins to move to LA and reboot. Dolphins don't have a long-term lease on Sunlife Stadium They can't sell out home games they are actually blacking out games, the Heat own Miami now and it was never a good sports city to begin with. LA would eventually build a new stadium and make them a marquis franchise like the Lakers in the NBA and Dodgers in Baseball.

Only problem would be there would be no other sports stations left to give Sid Rosenberg another job.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    The 800 pound gorilla in the room is London. I think they'd be crazy to move the Dolphins there but you know the NFL wants it in order to become a global brand.

Miami Dolphin fans aren't the most dedicated bunch. Doesn't help when half the time your run the risk of getting soaked in the rain. All the attention in that city goes towards the Heat.

Contraction ain't happening and neither is London. As much as Goodell wants to copy David Stern's overseas success with the NBA London will never ever get a team. The other owners will never sign off on having to fly into the Greenwich time zone 5-10 hours with some teams having to do it twice during the regular season.

LA is actually a possibility if the Dolphins continue to have to black out games next season after having what most people would consider a terrific off-season.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If drug smuggling and rafting were sports then Miami would sell out every game. Baseball is hugh in Puerto Rico and Cuba and all over Latin America but the Marlins attendance is horrible. They just don't pay to go see the games.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    => Los Angeles Delfines

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Miami needs a retractable dome. 1/2 the season is too hot to tailgate. This sidelines are 10 yards wider than what they should be.

The team has only made the playoffs once or twice in the last 15 years and they don't have the population base to support a bad team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Miami needs a retractable dome. 1/2 the season is too hot to tailgate. This sidelines are 10 yards wider than what they should be.

The team has only made the playoffs once or twice in the last 15 years and they don't have the population base to support a bad team.
    Cmon patman...those 30000 empty orange seats show up religiously for every game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this issue will be brought up again in 5-10 years with a new owner or with Ross. It was just too soon after the Marlins debacle. I would be very surprised if the Dolphins moved to LA. Out of the 3 Florida teams, the dolphins are the most popular (for lack of a better word) and established.

It will be interesting to see how the attendance is this year. There's obviously some excitement in the fan base, but I'm not sure how that will reflect in the stands. With a tough economy and the rise in technology giving fans a great experience in their own home, it's tough to get people to games. Especially when a beer is $10 bucks.

And although it does dissapoint me that we have such a poor showing at home games, luckily I live in Michigan so i don't have to be a part of that. But I used to go to 1 game a year in Miami, but it's just not worth the cost of flying and hotels and all of that to sit through a poor showing on a losing team. Get back to winning and attendance with rise. I dont know how dramatically, but it will.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

plus florida is a high school/college football state. the miami/florida/fsu rivalries will always trump what the bucs, jags and dolphins are doing.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

It is unbelievable how hot that place gets. I paid the price the first time I went to a game in Miami. Ever since then I come prepared with a wet towel to lay over my head. I can't imagine how the players must feel on the field in that equipment.

I think Stephen Ross gets critizised way more than he should, but the one thing that he's doing horribly wrong is trying to have all of our home games be at 4 oclock. That's taking away a huge advantage we have early in the year. I just can't understand it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All nonsense. Political posturing to get what you want.

Dolphins owned the State in their heyday. The problem with fan interest is that they have not been consistently good for a long time.

Win and the fans will show up. Its pretty simple.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just your normal ridiculous black mailing of fans by a team so the public will cough up some cash for stadium improvements. The guy should be kicked in the nuts.