Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish leaving South Florida?

Hall Of Fame
    After what the Marlins did to the city of Miami, there was zero chance that the money was going to be approved for the Dolphins.

So...how do the divisions get re-aligned? Miami to the West, KC to the South Indy to the East?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    It would actually make sense for the Dolphins to move to LA and reboot. Dolphins don't have a long-term lease on Sunlife Stadium They can't sell out home games they are actually blacking out games, the Heat own Miami now and it was never a good sports city to begin with. LA would eventually build a new stadium and make them a marquis franchise like the Lakers in the NBA and Dodgers in Baseball.

Only problem would be there would be no other sports stations left to give Sid Rosenberg another job.
    The Dolphins don't need a lease because they own the stadium. Joe Robbie built it with his own money back in the day.

Not sure I'd be a season ticket holder in south Florida either. Have a place in Naples and when I'm down there, the TV doesn't go on until 9pm. Even for someone part time like me, my lifestyle in Florida is completely different than in the northeast. Usually watching the sun set from the Mucky Duck on Captiva and have little interest in getting over to Miami

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    All nonsense. Political posturing to get what you want.

Dolphins owned the State in their heyday. The problem with fan interest is that they have not been consistently good for a long time.

Win and the fans will show up. Its pretty simple.
    When was this? During the 70s when tickets were $10. and the dolphins was the only professional team in the whole state? Not during the 80s when and Fla State and Miami U ruled or the 90s and later when Spurrior/Meyer. and Florida ruled.

Miami will never let the Dolphins go.

Never.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    When was this? During the 70s when tickets were $10. and the dolphins was the only professional team in the whole state? Not during the 80s when and Fla State and Miami U ruled or the 90s and later when Spurrior/Meyer. and Florida ruled.
    You're kidding right?

The Dolphins have been a great franchise until the the last 15 years as their play fell.

You think they didn't draw or own the state during the Marino years?

OK

You were a NFC East fan before 2004 right?