Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith vs 2014 QB's

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Geno Smith vs 2014 QB's

Am i crazy to think that Geno Smith would have had a chance to be the first QB picked next year too?? Is the diff between Geno and every guy on this list the interview process and the media spin?

Teddy Bridgewater seems like a Geno "type" QB but younger, looking at the competition he has played i just dont see that huge game vs a top ranked team last season. In fact he had pretty sub par games vs florida international, and connecticut.

Manziel looks good, but he is a 6'1 200lb QB who's does a lot of running and getting him. not to mention he doesn't seem to have above average arm strength. Got killed vs LSU.

Tajh Boyd - dont know much about him, but also 6'1 and more pics then the other QB's.

legit question here. I dont watch much college football...but i am curious as to why people seem to think next year is a "QB year" for the draft.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because they are clueless fans spouting back what the media tells them. Stupid idiots who don't realize even if next years class is supposedly better all the QB's who would be better prospects than Geno wil be taken before the Jets pick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is Bridgewater anything like Geno? Because he is black? They are nothing a like and Bridgwater is a premier prospect.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    How is Bridgewater anything like Geno? Because he is black? They are nothing a like and Bridgwater is a premier prospect.
    no ass hat, go google their stats and highlights.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Because they are clueless fans spouting back what the media tells them. Stupid idiots who don't realize even if next years class is supposedly better all the QB's who would be better prospects than Geno wil be taken before the Jets pick.
    i dont know if they are or they arent, but none of those guys strike me as a prototypical first overall type QB...maybe Bridgewater if he is a Geno Smith without the attitude and better composure in the pocket.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW wasnt Jake Locker like the undisputed 1st overall pick the year before he got drafted...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take Bridgewater w/o second thought

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like watching Bridgewater play, but he just looks a little frail to me and he is already starting to get dinged up. I know he is listed at 6'3", but I'm not sold that he is that tall and he is thin as well.

All that being said, he is an incredibly savvy passer that just does not make many mistakes.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bridgewater's bowl game against Florida was ridiculous. Way better than any game Geno had, from a mechanics and prospect standpoint. And I'm a Geno fan.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Bridgewater's bowl game against Florida was ridiculous. Way better than any game Geno had, from a mechanics and prospect standpoint. And I'm a Geno fan.
    Orange Bowl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB5OW9i7KHs

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think most scouts would say Bridgewater is a better prospect. Bridgewater and Clowney would have been picked ahead of everyone from this last draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I myself am actually in love with Oregon Ducks QB Marcus Mariota...

He is spectacular and will end his junior year next year....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bridgewater is a better player than Geno. And I'm a huge Geno fan. But Bridgewater is a special talent. The throws he makes, the time he buys in the pocket with his legs, very uncommon. The guy's ceiling is incredibly high. No way the Chiefs trade for Alex Smith if Bridgewater has been in this draft

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    no ass hat, go google their stats and highlights.
    Comparable stats don't make QBs the same "type", it just means they generated similar stats.

I'm not sold on Bridgewater as of yet, but he's running a form of WCO at Louisville where Geno ran an AirRaid system at WV. Two completely different types of offenses each needing a different "type" of QB.

Doesn't mean that Bridgewater couldn't run the AirRaid or that Geno can't run a WCO, but at this point, you just don't know.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    how does G Smith have an attitude...based on what...where is his attitude...the man has been a class act everytime he speaks.....too bad many of you fall into the bonehead media trap....sheesh

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i dont know if they are or they arent, but none of those guys strike me as a prototypical first overall type QB...maybe Bridgewater if he is a Geno Smith without the attitude and better composure in the pocket.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    That was 2 years ago. The Pinstripe Bowl vs Syracuse, both Geno and Nassib played like garbage. It was snowing but guess what, he's going to see the same exact weather in NJ.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I myself am actually in love with Oregon Ducks QB Marcus Mariota...

He is spectacular and will end his junior year next year....
    Mariota was a RS freshman last year, same as Manziel. I seriously doubt he declares. I doubt Manziel declares unless Sumlin goes to the NFL next year and guarantees that he'll draft him first. Also think McCarren stays.

So my guess is the top QBs that will likely be eligible for the 2014 draft will be Bridgewater, Boyd, Carr, and Murray. So it's probably TB and a bunch of questions. And to get TB, you probably need to have the first pick and take him over the best defensive prospect in a very long time.

I like Geno a lot but not sure is he is going to develop as the guy. But it was pretty fortunate he was available at 39 and I am very glad we took him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    how does G Smith have an attitude...based on what...where is his attitude...the man has been a class act everytime he speaks.....too bad many of you fall into the bonehead media trap....sheesh
    my comment was more based on the media stuff, but i will admit that i think where there is smoke there is def fire at least to some degree. i dont doubt that Geno rubbed some people the wrong way during the process.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    but bottom line is, Geno would have had a chance...this time last year we had posters asking to tank the season for Geno because he was a "special talent". i dont recall anyone saying that EJ Manuel will be the first QB drafted.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Just wait there will be some fans and posters out here who will be willing to boo Smith before the young man ever takes a snap for the Jets...

Good Grief.