Thread: We get WAY too much press.

We get WAY too much press.

What's up with that? Our 2nd round pick is ALL over the news while the Giants are quietly doing their thing. Can't we just STFU and play?!?!

Hall Of Fame
    Some will tell you that this is all the media's fault and that they hate the Jets. Fact of the matter is that after Mangini was fired Woody decided that the Jets would have a very open relationship with the media. There are benefits and detriments to that. For the past two years or so we have been experiencing the detriments. But in the beginning everything was hunky-dory when PSLs needed to be sold.

This may or may not change under Idzik. It is too early to tell although Idzik himself seems to be low key. Or maybe we cannot unring the bell.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 05-07-2013 at 07:36 AM.

If you're a backup quarterback, and you want to be a star, Jets is the place to be.

If I was a backup QB, this is where I would want to come.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    If you're a backup quarterback, and you want to be a star, Jets is the place to be.

If I was a backup QB, this is where I would want to come.
    Geno is not so much the backup QB as he is the heir apparent. Thus the buzz. Things should settle back down once the goofy media hacks find something new to harp about.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm the first one to bash the media but the Jets opened Pandora's box when they decided they wanted to be attention whores.

It was the Jets who decided to be on Hard Knocks, It was the Jets' coach who decided he wanted to be a media star. It was the Jets who brought in a backup QB and allowed him to have a press conference.

If you want the back pages, you better be prepared for the bad press as well as the good. The Jets got good press when they won and they are getting bad press because they became a clusterf*ck.

I think Idzik is determined to turn that around but it won't happen over night.

Jet fans re Mangini: He's too boring! Media pays us no attention! We're irrelevant!

Jets fans re Rex: Must he talk so much? Why is he bringing so much attention? We may be relevant but we're just too relevant! The media hates us!

Are all fanbases this bi-polar?

Jets are responsible for the media circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Down, Set, Haiku View Post
    Jet fans re Mangini: He's too boring! Media pays us no attention! We're irrelevant!

Jets fans re Rex: Must he talk so much? Why is he bringing so much attention? We may be relevant but we're just too relevant! The media hates us!

Are all fanbases this bi-polar?
    There is something called "middle ground". We have gone to polarizing extremes over our last 4 coaching regimes.

Parcells/Groh-no talk. Nada. Nothing
    Herm-Never shuts up, never saw a microphone he didn't like
    Mangini-no talking. Nada. Nothing
    Rex-Never EVER shuts up. Hasn't seen a microphone that he wouldn't like to say something ridiculous to in his life.

You can be open to the media without giving too much information. You can be open to the media without making brash guarantees. Look I know the media is way overboard right now, but it was invited in the first place by Rex, with Woody loving every second of it when things were going good. You wanna make brash guarantees about meeting the president, you wanna make brash guarantees about being the big brother in town, you wanna make brash statements about not kissing anyone's rings, you wanna make brash statements about taking out 2 opponents players, then you better be prepared to be laughed at and mocked heartily when it all goes to ****. As of right now we have a Muhammed Ali mouth to go along with a Glass Joe punch.

I dont think you are looking for the middle ground. I think you are looking for a Super Bowl. Nobody cares much what the organization says or doesn't say if you win one. The combination of the circus with two poor seasons in a row will attract the yellow journalists like flies to shi*

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I dont think you are looking for the middle ground. I think you are looking for a Super Bowl. Nobody cares much what the organization says or doesn't say if you win one. The combination of the circus with two poor seasons in a row will attract the yellow journalists like flies to shi*
    Winning a SB with a guy like Rex is great. Being a laughing stock with a guy like Rex is awful. There really is no in between with him.

All Pro
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ted-geno-smith

WAY TOO MUCH

look at this f'n headline "Owner Woody Johnson Extremely Happy NYJ Drafted Geno Smith"

R U kidding, this is a story on ESPN.com?

All Pro
    Jets owner closes door on Tebow era, but not QB competition

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2SddwtZ1P

How is this front page news? I'm sick of reading about the Jets, lol

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    What's up with that? Our 2nd round pick is ALL over the news while the Giants are quietly doing their thing. Can't we just STFU and play?!?!
    The only ones talking are the MEDIA. And they are flat out making up tabloids.

Because the JETS aren't saying a DAMN THING!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    When your are in Woody's position you can never have too much press.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 05-07-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    The only ones talking are the MEDIA. And they are flat out making up tabloids.

Because the JETS aren't saying a DAMN THING!
    The really do make a lot of sh!t up.

I think it only took the Jets 2 years and one GM to realize that media are not their friendds.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Since no one is talking, other than the press discussing the team, who would you like to see STFU and play?