Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Geno Smith was never going to leave the draft

Geno Smith was never going to leave the draft

On twitter, Pat Kirwin says he was with Geno and the morning and he stated Geno was never going to leave until he was drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    On twitter, Pat Kirwin says he was with Geno and the morning and he stated Geno was never going to leave until he was drafted.
    Important news! Changes my whole outlook on Geno!

A Rodgers was the man who convince Geno Smith to stay. Pretty much told him to man up. So Whatever Geno Smith says after the fact is him just trying to save face. Yea Kirwan might have talk to him in the morning but it took A Rodgers right after the first day of the draft to talk some sense in Geno staying.

Geno would be best served just being quiet and doing his work. Whatever he says to the media will be spun in a negative way at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    A Rodgers was the man who convince Geno Smith to stay. Pretty much told him to man up. So Whatever Geno Smith says after the fact is him just trying to save face. Yea Kirwan might have talk to him in the morning but it took A Rodgers right after the first day of the draft to talk some sense in Geno staying.
    I always get my Aaron Rodgers news from unmoored Raiders fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And you know this because......

More people talking about something as meaningless as this

Please keep us updated.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post
    Geno would be best served just being quiet and doing his work. Whatever he says to the media will be spun in a negative way at this point.
    Because Geno said what?

Pat Kirwin is NOT Geno Smith.

Though I do agree, the press has an agenda.

All Pro
    'and the morning' ? you mean in the morning? which morning? of the draft? he said he was leaving at the end of the day not in the morning. it's on record. and so are the conversations with Rodgers.

let the revisionist history begin

edit:

Pat Kirwan ‏@PatKirwanCBS 10h
    Seems like many ganging up on Geno Smith.I was with him the 2nd morning of the draft and he never indicated he was leaving NY until drafted
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    so he was with him the day after he already changed his mind to come back - LOL I guess Kirwan missed the report of his own network from the night before where they reported Smith said he was leaving

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...raft-on-friday

as well as that of ESPN, NFLN, and who knows who else

Feeling something akin to what one can only imagine is a combination of getting picked last in a school-yard game and being stood up on a date on national television, Smith at first was reportedly headed home after the first round.

Enter Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers ✔ @AaronRodgers12

Hang in there Geno, "good things come to those who wait" -Paul Tagliabue
    10:50 PM - 25 Apr 2013
    Though it’s not clear whether Rodgers, who wasn’t called in 2005 draft until the No. 24 pick, got through to the young signal caller, Smith will be at Radio City Music Hall for the second and third rounds which take place Friday night, according to NFL.com.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 05-07-2013 at 09:59 AM.

All Pro
    I think that's probably what happened as well.

Geno needs to do what he is doing now, lay low. When camp opens, show up, work really hard, study his playbook, pester his QB coach and OC all the time for help, and not complain whether he starts or not.

All Pro
    I think it's just as well that Geno was thinking of leaving, and then manned up and decided to stay. Some people naturally are oblivious to their situation (Think Tebow), and some people shrink from conflict(think Sanchez). Geno realized he was being humiliated, and he reacted. Then he took advice and rethought his position. This is rare, and hardly an immature response. I think the whole thing is being blown out of proportion, but this is exactly what I want in a QB. Think Tebow continuing to think he's a good QB and ignorantly keeping his head in the sand. Then think of Sanchez being put in a situation to fail and accepting his fate. Losing his confidence until he cannot make a decision, except to hide. As I said, it doesn't mean much, but it's certainly not a bad thing to be emotional, but realistic, open to criticism, and able to seek out new perspective, and change your responses. Don't tell me he knows it all, and will not listen to anyone, and then blast him for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    And you know this because......

More people talking about something as meaningless as this
    A Rodgers said it happened. This isn't important because he didn't get drafted and wanted to take his ball and go home. BOO Hoo. If he couldn't!t handle this disappointment , how is he going to handle the pressure of playing in the New York Media market. A Rodgers was there for him this time , who will be there for him the next time to talk some sense into him. I pray that he he doEsn't pull a Vince Young and come missing after a bad game.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-07-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I think it's just as well that Geno was thinking of leaving, and then manned up and decided to stay. Some people naturally are oblivious to their situation (Think Tebow), and some people shrink from conflict(think Sanchez). Geno realized he was being humiliated, and he reacted. Then he took advice and rethought his position. This is rare, and hardly an immature response. I think the whole thing is being blown out of proportion, but this is exactly what I want in a QB. Think Tebow continuing to think he's a good QB and ignorantly keeping his head in the sand. Then think of Sanchez being put in a situation to fail and accepting his fate. Losing his confidence until he cannot make a decision, except to hide. As I said, it doesn't mean much, but it's certainly not a bad thing to be emotional, but realistic, open to criticism, and able to seek out new perspective, and change your responses. Don't tell me he knows it all, and will not listen to anyone, and then blast him for this.
    that's plausible response and we just have to see if that is the case.

Hall Of Fame
    This whole fascination with Geno wanting to leave the draft is comical. What 22 year old kid who had higher expectations would not be frustrated and disappointed with the way the draft went for him? Does it really matter if he was upset for a while and then cooled off and changed his mind. You guys need to think back to when you were 22 and how you handled adversity. Then imagine that adversity was being televised to tens of millions across the country in primetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    I always get my Aaron Rodgers news from unmoored Raiders fans.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    This whole fascination with Geno wanting to leave the draft is comical. What 22 year old kid who had higher expectations would not be frustrated and disappointed with the way the draft went for him? Does it really matter if he was upset for a while and then cooled off and changed his mind. You guys need to think back to when you were 22 and how you handled adversity. Then imagine that adversity was being televised to tens of millions across the country in primetime.
    For his sake let's hope he gets lots of time to sit on the bench and mature into an adult, like years. And God forbid he ever gets a queasy stomach during a game and needs to settle it and makes the earth shattering fatal flaw of taking a bite of food on the sideline.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

A Rodgers said it happened. This isn't important because he didn't get drafted and wanted to take his ball and go home. BOO Hoo. If he couldn't!t handle this disappointment , how is he going to handle the pressure of playing in the New York Media market. A Rodgers was there for him this time , who will be there for him the next time to talk some sense into him. I pray that he he doEsn't pull a Vince Young and come missing after a bad game.
    Actually, it's pretty stupid, on every level. If he wanted to leave, why shouldn't he? How and why is it an issue?

But my point is one guy says he was going to leave and talked him into staying and a Raider fan with Jet obsessions runs with that.

Another reporter says he wasn't going to leave and that Raider fan or those who don't like him say its BS.

No one knows and it really doesn't matter, doesnt mean a thing and will be long forgotten in a short period of time.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Better yet, there are "fans" who actually believe this means something when it comes to his ability to play football.

All Pro
    Sanchez, and Tebow. I guarantee you that Sanchez would have sulked, and Tebow would not have even noticed. He would have been thankful just for the experience of being there, and getting to come back for another day. I know neither would have been angry, because neither of them got angry for being benched.