Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CANNIZZARO: Joe McKnight planning to show Jets they had No. 1 running back all along

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    McKnight, Goodson, Ivory... they all share one thing in common - a history of being injured.

I think this team carries 4 backs including the FB we drafted.

McKnight/Powell. Someone's getting sh*tcanned.
    I think they all make the 53 man roster. Ivory, Goodson, Powell, McKnight and Bohanon. Bohanon and McKnight will also play specials and probably Powell as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I fully expect our O-Co to attempt to utilize McKnight in the O far more than he has previously been used. As a speedy scatback and pass catcher, he has (IMO) alot of potential.

I do not belive he'll be a traditional every-down running back, no. But I could see 70 carries and 70 catches are very possible, especially if our WR corp. dissapoints.

Those who think Ivory/Goodson meant McKnight would be cut were premature IMO. He is still an excellent KR, and like a certain Mr. Woodhead, can and should fill an important role on our O he is well suited for.
    70 catches? Yeah right. 30 receptions is close to the max with McKnight.

If the line can solidify, Jets will run all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    McKnight> Powell. Powell has no redeemable qualities. Slow, plodding, doesn't play STs, no burst, so on and so forth.
    disagree on powell. he showed he can play last year. he can also catch. and as soon as ivory goes down guess who is in on first and second downs?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think they all make the 53 man roster. Ivory, Goodson, Powell, McKnight and Bohanon. Bohanon and McKnight will also play specials and probably Powell as well.
    I'd hope so, but with so many young guys in the 2ndary and elsewhere - I'm skeptical.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I'd hope so, but with so many young guys in the 2ndary and elsewhere - I'm skeptical.
    I dont think having 5 RBs is out of the question, especially given the injury history with a couple of them. Probably carry 9 DBs.

Hall Of Fame
    I have always been sort of a McKnight apologist but it is put up or shut uup time. I also think the Jets should have gotten a new RBs coach this year. McKnight's fumbling issue is a technique problem. He carries the ball low and lets it get away from his body.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    How is it possible to never have a conversation with your OC?
    IMO this is a disgrace and Sparano should have let go for this alone!!!!

Few years too late Joe.. Now probably 4th rb on depth chart if he makes team.. Hasn't lived up to his pick, especially considering we cut woodhead in order to keep McKnight..

All Pro
    I hope he plays well.

Everyone is counting on Ivory to be the #1 back. He has never carried the ball 100 times in a season as a pro. He is injury prone all the way back to college. I hope Ivory goes crazy and stays healthy.

If your #1 is injury prone, it stands to reason the #2 can get a lot of carries. I'd love to see McKnight hold on to the ball, get 150 carries, and rush for 700 yards, or even better. I'd love to see our offense run the ball 450 times for 2000 yards as a whole. (not betting on it, but I'd love to see it)

Ivory & Goodson >>> McKnight

I think they can make a nice RB committee though

All Pro
    LOL this was my immediate reaction as well. You almost have to hope he's just exaggerating to make a point that they didn't communicate much/well.

Glad to hear four years into the proccess (once he realized his job was in jeopardy) he decided to play hard and compete. Regardless, scrutiny and uncertainty has clearly made the Jets players and coaches motivated to prove everyone wrong.
    Last edited by Austin; 05-07-2013 at 03:55 PM.

I'm glad his confident. The guys is fast and has some great moves.

However, he couldn't emerge at USC, I have no doubt he won't here either.

If I recall, McKnight was the top running back prospect in the country coming out of high school. He never really was able to assert himself at USC, which as Sanchez, Leinart, and others have shown quite well:

That's a relatively easy place to look way better than you really are.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    If the line can solidify, Jets will run all over the place.
    Especially the Qb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    McKnight> Powell. Powell has no redeemable qualities. Slow, plodding, doesn't play STs, no burst, so on and so forth.
    Powell is solid to good at everything. The Jets think so highly of McKnight that they've brought in two other RBs. I'd be willing to bet you that McKnight is the odd man out (and the Jets already know this).

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Powell is solid to good at everything. The Jets think so highly of McKnight that they've brought in two other RBs. I'd be willing to bet you that McKnight is the odd man out (and the Jets already know this).
    Really?

If the new guys pan out what is Powells job?

McKnight will still be a return man. I wouldn't be so sure that McKnight is the odd man out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Really?

If the new guys pan out what is Powells job?

McKnight will still be a return man. I wouldn't be so sure that McKnight is the odd man out.
    He better pray we dont find another return man. As someone already posted earlier we will probably carry 4 backs Ivory Goodson Powell and Bohanan. McKnights not a good enough return man to have a roster spot strictly for that..hes a product of a system thats produced countless pro bowl returners over the years. Most of the time if he breaks one he just gets caught from behind anyway.. he sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Good to see. Is it me or does it feel like every Jet is coming into this season with something to prove? No more giving Jags like Shonn Greene and Bart Scott the starting nod before camp starts. Let everyone come to camp thinking they can win a spot and you will see more of the above.
    Agreed in the sense, we need straight up competition at all positions.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    He better pray we dont find another return man. As someone already posted earlier we will probably carry 4 backs Ivory Goodson Powell and Bohanan. McKnights not a good enough return man to have a roster spot strictly for that..hes a product of a system thats produced countless pro bowl returners over the years. Most of the time if he breaks one he just gets caught from behind anyway.. he sucks.
    OK, name the countless pro bowl return men this system has produced. Countless?

When healthy, he's productive return man.

Your last line says it all though.

exactly. i find this hard to believe.

it's like not talking to your boss for an entire year. makes zero sense.