Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You have to allow one hampurite to crash at your pad with you for a full weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    I need 2 members not one. Borgo and Southside. The boy becomes a.......we'd figure it out.
    http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/we...2d87470f2.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Someone please tell me what a "Hampur" is or what it's all about.
    http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=229613

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I'd pick Mark but he never answers his phone.

Jets Insider VIP
    That doesn't answer my question. Can you just give me a short definition?

Jets Insider VIP
    It's before my time, sorry. It's another name for the Hangar, but it's more than that, hence the link.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

ok so far I have 3 PMs inviting me over for the weekend. 1 asking if I own an Ass Goblin.

Bewildered Beast
    I suggested "Planned Gnome". Seems less ... frightening

Jets Insider VIP
    Robert Arctor. Seems like a real nice liberal fellow. I imagine the kid of thinker that would enjoy a weekend of just listening to Pink Floyd records.

Jets Insider VIP
    A long time ago, all football threads and off-topic threads (re:non-football threads) were all a huge mish-mosh on the main board, there never used to be a 'Hangar'.

Eventually all off-topic threads were relegated to the Hangar, and all football threads were on the Landing Strip.

So naturally those of us with a more goofball nature just preferred to spend most of our time in the Hangar. Of course topics would usually degenerate into more cruder, filthier forms without being hindered by people viewing football topics, so eventually someone coined the phrase 'Hamper'.

Since its the internet anyone can butcher the spelling of anything to suit their own needs so in jest I believe the phrase 'Hampur' was born (maybe from Dirtstar, not really sure).

At least thats how I think it goes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    A long time ago, all football threads and off-topic threads (re:non-football threads) were all a huge mish-mosh on the main board, there never used to be a 'Hangar'.

Eventually all off-topic threads were relegated to the Hangar, and all football threads were on the Landing Strip.

So naturally those of us with a more goofball nature just preferred to spend most of our time in the Hangar. Of course topics would usually degenerate into more cruder, filthier forms without being hindered by people viewing football topics, so eventually someone coined the phrase 'Hamper'.

Since its the internet anyone can butcher the spelling of anything to suit their own needs so in jest I believe the phrase 'Hampur' was born (maybe from Dirtstar, not really sure).

Thanks. Yeah I remember I was pissed when they created the OT section.

LMAO.

You fcker!

I would have to select FFdoots.

I lurk in the bushes outside his home, and watch him most weekends. I'd know what to expect.

I don't like surprises very much.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

==============================================

Pretty much this, although as I recall, when the decision to create an off topic forum was made there was a lot of grumbling and at the same time Sooth wanted a neame for the off topic forum which the posters suggested many, Sooth liked the Hanger suggestion whereas us Dicks liked the Hampur suggestion.

So the Hamper name kinda stuck as a bit of a FU, and a term the clique felt better expressed there/our/mine/your club.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ==============================================

Pretty much this, although as I recall, when the decision to create an off topic forum was made there was a lot of grumbling and at the same time Sooth wanted a neame for the off topic forum which the posters suggested many, Sooth liked the Hanger suggestion whereas us Dicks liked the Hampur suggestion.

So the Hamper name kinda stuck as a bit of a FU, and a term the clique felt better expressed there/our/mine/your club.
    I thought it was fine to keep it all in the landing strip as long as you title it "OT"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    I would have to select FFdoots.

I lurk in the bushes outside his home, and watch him most weekends.
    Meh, overrated.

The colostomy bag...the rolling IV....even the scooter.

At some point you say to yourself...I drove 187 miles and paid for a Lexus Nexus subscription... for this?

Very quiet ride home.

-

I thought it was fine to keep it all in the landing strip as long as you title it "OT"
    Makes sense... but probably too disruptive for the bi-polar and type-A personalities to keep there **** together.

It's better to corral the people with a mutual style sense of humor anyway, the people that gravitate towards ONLY discuss football have a tendency to be the joke, not be entertained by it.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Meh, overrated.

The colostomy bag...the rolling IV....even the scooter.

At some point you say to yourself...I drove 187 miles and paid for a Lexus Nexus subscription... for this?

Very quiet ride home.

-
    You make good points, I should reconsider.

Though I do like colostomy bags... Hmmm....

All Pro
    ============================================

I fully agree, however I do admit it has worked out better then I imagined it would and there are quite a few who prefer it this way over the old way.

After all the reason we are all here is the Jets, and there are many who did not like the off topic stuff on the main page, and since I discovered the New Posts button it's all good.

Jets Insider VIP

I fully agree, however I do admit it has worked out better then I imagined it would and there are quite a few who prefer it this way over the old way.

After all the reason we are all here is the Jets, and there are many who did not like the off topic stuff on the main page, and since I discovered the New Posts button it's all good.
    Aye, agreed.

Now I'm only somewhat less embarrassed to start any new bowel movement threads.....who am I kidding, those are teh best.

Tell me more about said button, please...