Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mehta: The Jets selected left tackle Luke Joeckel with the No. 2 overall pick

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Mehta: The Jets selected left tackle Luke Joeckel with the No. 2 overall pick

Looks like even Mehta's editors are sick of him and letting him shoot himself in the foot. (See bolded 7th paragraph) LOL fing idiot:

"
    Jaguars owner Shad Khan 'fascinated' about fascination over former Jets QB Tim Tebow

BY Manish Mehta
    PHILADELPHIA -- Jaguars owner Shad Khan may be intrigued by all the fuss over Tim Tebow’s next move, but don’t expect the lightning-rod quarterback to play for his hometown team any time soon. Despite a shirt-lived petition to President Obama earlier this week to ask the Jaguars to reconsider signing Tebow, it’s not happening.

“It’s a free country,” Khan said Tuesday at the NFL’s Career Development Symposium. “You got a democracy. So people have a right to express themselves.”

New general manager David Caldwell made it clear the day he was hired that Tebow isn’t an option. With doubt surrounding the Jags’ quarterback situation with Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne, Tebow fans want Khan & Co. to reconsider.

Khan is fascinated by all the Tebow questions directed at his team.

“We’re looking for the best players obviously for us that help us win,” Khan said. “How many players are in the NFL? I would assume it’s 90 X 32 at this point, right? So, ballpark about 3,000 players, correct? Why one player? … Why do you ask about one player? What about the other 2,999?

“Because I’m fascinated with that,” Khan added.

The Jets selected left tackle Luke Joeckel with the No. 2 overall pick in the draft two weeks ago to help Gabbert, who’s at a crossroads in his career.

“We’re doing everything to support him,” Khan said of Gabbert. “I think if you look at our draft… offensive line… We’re doing everything to give him every opportunity to be successful.”

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=248346

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's a shirt-lived petition? Does that mean it has the life cycle of a shirt? What type of shirt? T-shirt, long sleeved? Dryer or dry cleaned? Mehta's so vague.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Or more than likely auto correct turned Jags into Jets.

Betting Mehta knows the difference between the team he covers and the Jags, no matter how much i dislike his writing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    What's a shirt-lived petition? Does that mean it has the life cycle of a shirt? What type of shirt? T-shirt, long sleeved? Dryer or dry cleaned? Mehta's so vague.
    LOL I missed that! His editors definitely have the same opinion of him we do.

(Jets2417: Hope you don't mind, but I laughed so hard I copied your quote to the article comments section. Credit to JI but not your name)
    Last edited by JetsNeedNewton; 05-07-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

Betting Mehta knows the difference between the team he covers and the Jags, no matter how much i dislike his writing.
    I think his time covering the Jets will be shirt-lived.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post

(Jets2417: Hope you don't mind, but I laughed so hard I copied your quote to the article comments section. Credit to JI but not your name)
    How do you draw a conclusion of Mehta's editors's opinions of him based on their inability to catch minor, auto-corrected typo'ls? If there even are any editors left in this day and age
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 05-07-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417 View Post
    I think his time covering the Jets will be shirt-lived.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not exactly a Mehta fan he's another clown in the media circus so well done.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    How do you draw a conclusion of Mehta's editors's opinions of him based on their inability to catch minor, auto-corrected typo'ls? If there even are any editors left in this day and age
    If you meant to typo "typo'ls" kudos.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    A) there's 2 errors

B) I don't buy the autocorrect theory. Jags isn't close enough to Jets for autocorrect. Also, he must have mentioned the Jags a hundred times during the Teblow fiasco and now autocorrect suddenly cuts in?

C) Lighten up. It was just meant as a humorous break in these slow news times.

D) Several anonymous sources close to the Daily News told my friend's brother's classmate's uncle's pet armadillo that his editors hate him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's just the little details, that Mehta has a problem with. Y'know, like a Florham Park janitor is not exactly a Jets' inside source.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    OL in the first?? Fire Idzik!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    some of you still are apparently clueless when it comes to how newspapers are run.

Manish's editors are the ones who demand the faux controversy articles based on unnamed sources. that's what makes headlines and sells papers. they are far from 'sick of him'. He works for them, and provides the content they want.

I mean, doesn't anyone remember when Manish worked for the Ledger and was considered to be the Jets best beat writer? And haven't you noticed that whoever writes for the Ledger is usually a fan favorite? It's because unlike the Post of Daily News, it's not a tabloid, and the editors actually allow writers to write- so you get features about players and genuine analysis.. and not some article geared toward creating headlines.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    some of you still are apparently clueless when it comes to how newspapers are run.

Manish's editors are the ones who demand the faux controversy articles based on unnamed sources. that's what makes headlines and sells papers. they are far from 'sick of him'. He works for them, and provides the content they want.

I mean, doesn't anyone remember when Manish worked for the Ledger and was considered to be the Jets best beat writer? And haven't you noticed that whoever writes for the Ledger is usually a fan favorite? It's because unlike the Post of Daily News, it's not a tabloid, and the editors actually allow writers to write- so you get features about players and genuine analysis.. and not some article geared toward creating headlines.
    I agree with this for the most part, but I also believe that there is a bit of autonomy allowed for each writer. Brian Costello has proven to be a pretty even-handed writer despite working for the Post and next to Bart Hubbuch. Manish, if he's as revered by his editors like you say, could occasionally exhibit a modicum of professionalism now and then. He chooses to instead follow the Cimini toolbaggedness way of being a beat writer. I suppose I can't blame him as it has worked out quite well for Cimini, but there is, I believe, some wiggle room for self-respect. That appears to be a lesser consideration for Manish.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

Auto correct?!

What is he writing stories on his iphone?!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Auto correct?!

What is he writing stories on his iphone?!
    Would explain a lot.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. Everyone, here especially, loved Manish. Until he replaced Cimini. Then became basically one in the same.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So here's what happens when a legitimate reporter makes a correction (From the NY Times):

This article has been revised to reflect the following correction:
    Correction: May 7, 2013

An earlier version of this article and an accompanying photo caption misspelled the given name of one of the suspects arrested in the case. He is Onil Castro, not Oneil.

Mehta has corrected the issues we are laughing about without a word. I'm actually shocked he didn't delete my comments after his article like he used to do.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely.

I've been saying this since Manish left. He didn't, all of the sudden, start sucking at his job.

The Star Ledger is a good paper and has a quality sports department. They want to provide readers with quality content, not contrived bullsh!t, which is what we usually get from the Post and DN.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    A) there's 2 errors

B) I don't buy the autocorrect theory. Jags isn't close enough to Jets for autocorrect. Also, he must have mentioned the Jags a hundred times during the Teblow fiasco and now autocorrect suddenly cuts in?

C) Lighten up. It was just meant as a humorous break in these slow news times.

D) Several anonymous sources close to the Daily News told my friend's brother's classmate's uncle's pet armadillo that his editors hate him.
    Nailed it.