Thread: Eat a bag of dicks, Mother Nature....

Jets Insider VIP

Angry Eat a bag of dicks, Mother Nature....

Trying to ready myself for a home invasion of friends & family this Saturday; spent pretty much the last 8 weekends in a row doing yardwork, cleaning the garage, powerwashing everything in preparation for this weekend.

So what's it been like, like almost two weeks of beautiful weather with almost no rainfall?

Took a couple of days off this week.....and rain is in the forecast.

Forecast for this weekend....rain.

GFY Mother Nature, you ThunderC unt

My BMW is coated in a fine layer of pollen.

Looking forward to it, actually.

SAR I

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Trying to ready myself for a home invasion of friends & family this Saturday; spent pretty much the last 8 weekends in a row doing yardwork, cleaning the garage, powerwashing everything in preparation for this weekend.

So what's it been like, like almost two weeks of beautiful weather with almost no rainfall?

Did you deal yourself a shlthand again?

Been like 2 months of great weather, about zero rain.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Did you deal yourself a shlthand again?

Been like 2 months of great weather, about zero rain.

Right? Almost no rain in April, I guess the midwest got it all.

Because rain is in the forecast, you're likely due for a beautiful weekend. Rain was predicted for today here in town, and there's nothing but blue skies.

Maybe it's just a matter of perception, but weather forecasts seem to be getting less accurate with every year that passes.

I honestly thought this thread would be about the predicted onslaught of cicadas. Any sign of those noisy bastards yet?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...rs-underground

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    Because rain is in the forecast, you're likely due for a beautiful weekend. Rain was predicted for today here in town, and there's nothing but blue skies.

Maybe it's just a matter of perception, but weather forecasts seem to be getting less accurate with every year that passes.

I honestly thought this thread would be about the predicted onslaught of cicadas. Any sign of those noisy bastards yet?

Nope, but they're coming. If the larvae haven't come out yet, I would imagine they will soon, once the rain softens up the ground some.

At least they aren't of the blood-sucking variety.

Veteran
    Nope, but they're coming. If the larvae haven't come out yet, I would imagine they will soon, once the rain softens up the ground some.

At least they aren't of the blood-sucking variety.
    ive fully loaded my bird feeders as an appetizer so they can eat these bastards as the come out. they are the main course.

Jets Insider VIP

sounds like Mother Nature got your goat.

(sounds girlfriend related)

Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post

Not everyone will see and hear these, but for those that live next to a colony that emerges, good luck sleeping at night. You can't believe how loud these suckers can get. They're supposed to be some damn good eatin' though. And when they die off after a couple of weeks, the ground is ankle deep in their carcasses. Crunch, crunch, crunch.
    Last edited by GuidoYaztremski; 05-07-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Has anyone ever witnessed cicada copulation?

Jets Insider VIP
    Is it just me or is everyone ignoring sar? I thought that bmw post would bring out the pitchforks. I missed something didn't I?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    Is it just me or is everyone ignoring sar? I thought that bmw post would bring out the pitchforks. I missed something didn't I?
    I was gonna go there but the ***** would just cry to the mods.

Figured best to leave it be. Personally, I PAY people to wash my truck, which is not a lease.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Going fishing........

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Has anyone ever witnessed cicada copulation?
    Not the actual act I guess, but I've witnessed first hand the emerging in horrifying numbers. The first was around 20 years ago in the suburbs around Chicago's O'Hare airport. The sound was so deafening and the thick carpet of dead carcasses all over the roads and sidewalks was amazing. There were literally millions of these, and as the article said, you couldn't even hear the jets flying into O'Hare overhead. A few years ago we had a smaller scale emergence locally here on the Cape. If you get a chance to see it, you should.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Not the actual act I guess, but I've witnessed first hand the emerging in horrifying numbers. The first was around 20 years ago in the suburbs around Chicago's O'Hare airport. The sound was so deafening and the thick carpet of dead carcasses all over the roads and sidewalks was amazing. There were literally millions of these, and as the article said, you couldn't even hear the jets flying into O'Hare overhead. A few years ago we had a smaller scale emergence locally here on the Cape. If you get a chance to see it, you should.
    I've seen it in Jersey...

Pretty friggin crazy!