Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Jets record if things all work out?

What's the Jets record if things all work out?

I know most of us are expecting a really bad year for the Jets what if all thier offseason moves actually work out well for them, what do you think their record could be?

What if Willie Colon plays well?
    What if Austin Howard plays solid?
    What if the Winters kid can hold his own at Guard?
    What if Sanchez gets protection and looks okay?
    What if Ivory and Powell are a good combo?
    What if Holmes and Edwards return to form?
    What if Hill steps up in year two?
    What if Cumberland and Reuland nail down the TE position?
    What if Milliner proves he was worth the 1st round pick?
    What if Landry and Allen fill the safety spot nicely?
    What if Bush looks good at FS?
    What if Special Teams does a good job this year?

Suppose all these things happen, what do you think the Jet could do this season? Could they crack 9-7? Could they actually compete for a WC spot? Or if all these things work out could they compete with New England for the division?

We've heard enough doom and gloom. We're very familiar with what could go wrong. Now let's hear what you think if things actually work out for the Jets this year... It's possible, regardless of what the talking heads say, it IS possible...

Jets Insider VIP
    If all works out as expected by Rex, Id say 9 and 7 can be achieved. If the QB situation improves even slightly, who knows? I expect a much better defense. I like our specials. I love the run game if it gels. The OL should be better! If the QB is more accurate I think the receivers will do better! I expect to se ecumberland to have a monster year!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    If all works out as expected by Rex, Id say 9 and 7 can be achieved. If the QB situation improves even slightly, who knows? I expect a much better defense. I like our specials. I love the run game if it gels. The OL should be better! If the QB is more accurate I think the receivers will do better! I expect to se ecumberland to have a monster year!
    So it's not all doom and gloom then... The Jets actually DO have a chance? Someone should tell the talking heads this, because there is a possibility the Jets could have a tough defense and a much improved offense this year, and if they do that's good enough to be considered a playoff caliber team isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    So it's not all doom and gloom then... The Jets actually DO have a chance? Someone should tell the talking heads this, because there is a possibility the Jets could have a tough defense and a much improved offense this year, and if they do that's good enough to be considered a playoff caliber team isn't it?
    Jets were 8th in total defense last year (total yards allowed), only two yards behind the Texans who have the reigning DMVP. 20th in total points allowed, but honestly when the team is giving up the 8th amount of yards can you really blame that on the Defense? Turnovers killed this team. Without the turnovers we would have been 8-8/9-7 last year easily. Take out the turnovers, cut the JAGs, add some young talent and who knows. I honestly think this year we'll go around .500 which is damn good for a rebuilding team that everyone has pegged as the worst team in the league.

If all things all work out Mark Sanchez will not win the starting job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

8-8 if Morninweg can get decent production out of the QB.

If all things work out Geno takes the Jets to the AFC Title game just like Sanchez did. This time Jets win! That's how things work out. Then you'll be pisssed b/c we cant draft a prospect in the top 10!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    If all things all work out Mark Sanchez will not win the starting job.
    Then the D will be top 10 across the board maybe top 5
    Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? (in my J.Mora voice)

All I know is there are a number of guys who are playing for their NFL lives this season.

Holmes has to prove he isn't done.
    Edwards has to prove he's worth another decent payday.
    D'Brick has a bad or so-so season and his stock falls dramatically.
    Howard has to prove himself again.
    Both TE's need or perform or they're gone.
    Ivory finally gets a real chance to be a #1 guy.
    Was Milliner worth the #9? He's gotta prove he was.

On the subject of Sanchez...

Suppose you're Mark Sanchez... Do you want to have that "Buttfumble" sh@t following you around the rest of your life? Money can't insulate you from everything... he'll be somewhere at 55 or 60 years old and someone will say "Hey! There's that buttfumbler guy I saw on the worst NFL moments video!" and laugh their azzes off...

If you're Mark Sanchez, what are you gonna do? What's the only way to erase the horror of that play and make sure you're known for something more? You've gotta play lights out this year... You MUST play lights out this year... If Sanchez gets the chance, he may just do that, because that's all he can do right now... it's all he MUST do...

they won 6 with a sub 20 ppg offense, an interception machine in sanchez and an aging defense with no revis. 12 wins is high but not out of the question. 10 would be more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    they won 6 with a sub 20 ppg offense, an interception machine in sanchez and an aging defense with no revis. 12 wins is high but not out of the question. 10 would be more like it.
    Sorry 10 wins is just an unattainable goal for the jets. There is not enough talent on this roster. I won't even comment on 12 wins. I say if every thing breaks perfect they can win 7 or 8. You can't compare 6 wins from last year. This year's schedule looks to be much tougher.

8 or 9 wins is great with this schedule

Revis in game 1, followed by Brady 4 days later in beantown

so Bills and Titans are must win games already...

because MNF vs Atlanta is followed by Steelers, Pats, Bengals, Saints

3 or 4 wins goings into bye would exceed expectations

If all things work out Jets could win 5 of the last 7 and sneak into the playoffs

Green glasses

would be thrilled with rival wins vs Bucs, Steelers, Pats, Fins

Bucs, Bills 2x, Titans, Raiders, Panthers, Browns are all winnable. So if everything goes right 7 wins maybe 8 if we steal one from someone else. Realistically 5-6 because I cant see Cumberland nailing the TE position or BE returning to form. Everything else you never know.. but no chance we are so bad that we will be drafting Clowney or Teddy so people can forget that. The D is too talented for that
    Last edited by Jet Life; 05-07-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Sorry 10 wins is just an unattainable goal for the jets. There is not enough talent on this roster. I won't even comment on 12 wins. I say if every thing breaks perfect they can win 7 or 8. You can't compare 6 wins from last year. This year's schedule looks to be much tougher.
    Who did we lose besides Landry that made such a difference?? Our defense played 3 quarters of every game and we were still in the playoffs in that Titans game that Sanchez was just wanted to give away.

1. Rex will scheme us to a top 10 D (I'm really excited to see if Coples can become our Suggs)
    2. The big thing is can Marty give us an offense that doesn't turn the ball over and even if they don't score, gives the defense a chance to rest.

We are not elite but we are nowhere near as bad as people think.

(I know we lost Revis but we played without him for most of last year and Cromartie did his job just fine)
    Last edited by THE BURG22; 05-07-2013 at 09:09 PM.

no more then 6 wins

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    All I know is there are a number of guys who are playing for their NFL lives this season.

Holmes has to prove he isn't done.
    Edwards has to prove he's worth another decent payday.
    D'Brick has a bad or so-so season and his stock falls dramatically.
    Howard has to prove himself again.
    Both TE's need or perform or they're gone.
    Ivory finally gets a real chance to be a #1 guy.
    Was Milliner worth the #9? He's gotta prove he was
    Did I miss something? Is Edwards back on the roster? I'd like the idea but haven't seen any official statement to that effect. Can someone enlighten me if I was out to lunch when the announcement was made?

Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    Did I miss something? Is Edwards back on the roster? I'd like the idea but haven't seen any official statement to that effect. Can someone enlighten me if I was out to lunch when the announcement was made?
    LOL, my thoughts exactly as I was reading down the thread. Be great to have him back but I don't think Idzik cares for him after the Jets FO tweets. I think he's betting on Hill standing up.

Whatever it was we did in the playoffs to beat NE I sure hope Rex can replay it. If we beat NE in game 2 I don't care how many wins we have. I love being in the land of no expectations, all we can do is better than the media thinks.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    8-8 if Morninweg can get decent production out of the QB.
    +1

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If Smith win's the QB battle and plays like kaepernick or Russell wilson 8-8 or 9-7 if everything goes right.

As Idzik has been a slow and steady wins the race, safe choice guy so far I don't expect Smith to see the field until mid season at the earliest though

Jets Insider VIP
    If Suckchez starts and plays..4-12 26 turnovers

If Suckchez is waived in June and Garrard starts or Smith is Russell Wilson....10-6. Maybe better

JUNE FOUR OUT THE DOOR