How disgusting is Matt Harvey?

Matt Harvey so far: 9 IP 12Ks 1 hit

Banned
    Still throwing 95 in the 9th. Filthy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Impressive

Jets Insider VIP
    Should have let him pitch the 10th... I think teams fear the Strausberg syndrome.

Banned
    Ehh he threw 121 last game...right decision to take him out

I'm speechless watching him. There are nights where he goes out there and he's just says to the other team go home, you're drunk...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Ehh he threw 121 last game...right decision to take him out

Agreed, Harvey is too valuable to this team to push him too much.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    I'm speechless watching him. There are nights where he goes out there and he's just says to the other team go home, you're drunk...
    And he can beat you when he doesn't have his best stuff.

Was at the game tonight with the lady. If my schedule would fit it, I'd love to go see every start. Can't wait to watch him again. Granted the White Sox aren't exactly fielding an all star team, but it was just unfair. Every pitch you think to yourself, oh is he gonna blow him away again?
    He was perfect tonight.... by my standards

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Was at the game tonight with the lady. If my schedule would fit it, I'd love to go see every start. Can't wait to watch him again. Granted the White Sox aren't exactly fielding an all star team, but it was just unfair. Every pitch you think to yourself, oh is he gonna blow him away again?
    He was perfect tonight.... by my standards
    I am hoping to see him next weekend when the Mets come to Wrigley. I already have tix for Saturday, but if the rotation holds, looks like he is going to go on Friday. I need either a rainout, or I may have to go both days.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If he was more of an unknown maybe he pitches the 10th. But this kid has no-hit stuff. Baring injuries, he will toss multiple no hitters in his career.

What the Mets need is Wheeler to be the real deal. And then in the next year or 2 add another arm in FA. If this happens they could form something real special.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    If he was more of an unknown maybe he pitches the 10th. But this kid has no-hit stuff. Baring injuries, he will toss multiple no hitters in his career.

What the Mets need is Wheeler to be the real deal. And then in the next year or 2 add another arm in FA. If this happens they could form something real special.
    Harvey Niese wheeler montero and one veteran solid pitcher.

Spend money on of two bats and relief pitching

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Harvey Niese wheeler montero and one veteran solid pitcher.

Spend money on of two bats and relief pitching

I am still hoping Marcum can be that solid veteran pitcher -- certainly hasn't shown it yet this season. Maybe it is just a slow start after the injury.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I am still hoping Marcum can be that solid veteran pitcher -- certainly hasn't shown it yet this season. Maybe it is just a slow start after the injury.
    Yea hopefully he turns it around...still would rather pick up someone a little better next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

My son was at the game last night, and just before the Perfecto was lost I texted him from home that what he was experiencing was similar to me watching Gooden in 1985, dominating virtually every start. The type of pitcher that you start circling dates and teams on your calendar in anticipation of his next starts.

I've been a fan going on 50 years now, and only Seaver and Gooden, as home grown pitchers, have excited me as much as this kid does.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I am hoping to see him next weekend when the Mets come to Wrigley. I already have tix for Saturday, but if the rotation holds, looks like he is going to go on Friday. I need either a rainout, or I may have to go both days.
    Do it!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Do it!
    I probably will. I guess it really comes down to a choice between another day in the office, or an afternoon sitting out at Wrigley watching Harvey mow down the Cubbies. Doesn't really seem like a tough decision.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post

We have 2 or 3 posible top of the rotation guys in our farm system. They don't need to sign a pitcher--bullpen pitchers-yes.

Wheeler struggled a little early this season, but he fixed his delivery and is now progressing well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by parkwayjet1 View Post
    My son was at the game last night, and just before the Perfecto was lost I texted him from home that what he was experiencing was similar to me watching Gooden in 1985, dominating virtually every start. The type of pitcher that you start circling dates and teams on your calendar in anticipation of his next starts.

I've been a fan going on 50 years now, and only Seaver and Gooden, as home grown pitchers, have excited me as much as this kid does.
    HE would have had a perfect game if it were not a speedy Rios running and the play was very close.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    HE would have had a perfect game if it were not a speedy Rios running and the play was very close.
    I'll never forget the night Seaver was 2 outs away from perfection vs. the Cubs in July 1969. One out in the ninth and a no-name, Jimmy Qualls, dinks one into left center to ruin it all. I was a kid and couldn't stop crying.