Thread: Titus Young arrested twice in 15 hours, according to report

Titus Young arrested twice in 15 hours, according to report

Titus Young arrested twice in 15 hours, according to report
    May 7

Titus Young, the former Detroit Lions wide receiver, was arrested twice in 15 hours on Sunday by the Moreno Valley Police Department in southern California, Paula Pasche of the Oakland Press reports.

According to the police report, Young was stopped at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday after making an illegal left turn in front of a patrol car.

Young was stopped and arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. He was booked at the Robert Presley Detention Center and later issued a citation and released from custody.

Hours later, at 2:22 p.m. that day, officers responded to a tow company yard where a man was seen jumping over the fence.

It was Young looking for his black Mustang.

He was arrested for burglary after the police determined he was trying to take his own vehicle. He was booked again at the same detention center.

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/theredzoneorg

Veteran
    Sign this beast.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dude's a straight up ****ing idiot. No sympathy at all.

Veteran
    What a **** head.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

An Aristocrat.

Should have left that to his valet, boo.

-

I get the impression that this dude might have some serious mental health issues (you know, beyond the fact that he tried to jack his car from the impound)

Jets Insider VIP
    I cant help but think of Bobby D in A Bronx Tale, "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent".

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Moreno Valley is basically east Compton, not a place a free agent football player should be hanging out

All League
    Actions like this are what makes an idiot an idiot, but it's 2pm in the afternoon, try the normal entrance. Wish he would have done the world a favor and caught his nutsack on the top of the fence.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Wish he would have done the world a favor and caught his nutsack on the top of the fence.
    Meh, his sprems would have just bounced into some nearby chicks and there would be babies hopping fences all over town by like...... June.

-

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Actions like this are what makes an idiot an idiot, but it's 2pm in the afternoon, try the normal entrance. Wish he would have done the world a favor and caught his nutsack on the top of the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Meh, his sprems would have just bounced into some nearby chicks and there would be babies hopping fences all over town by like...... June.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    LOL. WTF

Young was/is talented, but so very, very foolish as evidenced here and his prior incidents as well as claiming he was a better WR than Calvin Johnson and that he should be getting the ball more if not as much as Calvin. What a shame.

High school coach hopes Titus Young gets some help

The Titus Young story took another left turn on Tuesday, when it was learned the former Detroit Lions wide receiver was arrested twice in the span of 15 hours over the weekend.

The incidents did nothing to help Young's chances of making it back to the NFL. More importantly, the behavior served as another sign that Young's mental state is in question.

E.C. Robinson, Young's former high school coach, said he hasn't been in contact with the wide receiver since late March.

"Based on the last time I did see him, I knew unless he got some help there was going to be some issues, and I told him that, too," Robinson said, according to the Detroit Free Press. "And I thought maybe since I hadn't heard anything from him he was in some institute getting some help. That's what I just figured. But I know the last time I saw him, I was just shocked the stage he was in at that time."

Robinson was asked what state Young was in.

"He was talking some things that just didn't make sense," Robinson said. "I don't know, I just wish he'd get some help. I know football is probably out of the question, right now it's trying to get his life together."

It's become increasingly apparent Young isn't in a stable place emotionally.

It also helps explain why the St. Louis Rams felt compelled to cut ties with the wideout after just 10 days in February.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Moreno Valley is basically east Compton, not a place a free agent football player should be hanging out
    +a zillion

I could see Palm springs, hollywood, or even Los Angeles proper, but Moreno Valley?

Must have been there for family or some very alluring strange.

Thank God he's not a former Jet

And arrested a third and fourth, damn

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...er-against-him

The problems continue to pile up for former Detroit Lions wide receiver Titus Young. Not only has the 23-year-old been arrested four different times since May 4, but now his ex-girlfriend has been granted a temporary restraining against him, according to the (Riverside, Calif.) Press Enterprise.
    The ex-girlfriend, who is the mother of Young's 8-month-old son, claims that Young has been threatening and harassing her at her home in Moreno Valley, Calif.
    "He would say things like, 'I understand why O.J. killed his wife,'" the restraining order request alleges. "He got mad and yelled at my neighbors and tried to fight multiple people that he doesn't even know."
    After Young's most recent arrest on May 10, his father Richard told the Detroit News that he believed a brain disorder was causing Titus' problems, "He's not dealing with it the way he should be," Richard Young said. "If the judge gives him a court order, then maybe he'll get the help he needs."
    The ex-girlfriend's restraining order request, originally filed on May 8, echoes Richard Young's thoughts.
    "Titus Young Sr. has been clinically diagnosed with a mental disorder and I am afraid of what he is capable of doing," the request reads. "He also has been in a mental help facility more than once and still believes that he does not have a problem."
    The restraining order requires that Young stay at least 100 yards away from his ex-girlfriend at all times. That shouldn't be an immediate problem. As of Thursday evening, Young is still in jail in Santa Ana, Calif. facing a $25,000 bond, according to jail records.

Kid needs serious help, hope he gets it.