Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you here are Giant fans too?

People who are also giants fans aren't real football fans and definately not real Jets fans. They are casual fans of the sport and fans of New York. Cant be a real fan and say your a fan of both. Not how it works

As far as I'm concerned, it's never OK for a Jet fan to root for the Giants. Not ever. They're the enemy just as much as the Pats and Fins.

Maybe things would be different if their fans weren't so obnoxious and arrogant. Quite possibly the worst fanbase in all professional sports IMO

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJets View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, it's never OK for a Jet fan to root for the Giants. Not ever. They're the enemy just as much as the Pats and Fins.

Maybe things would be different if their fans weren't so obnoxious and arrogant. Quite possibly the worst fanbase in all professional sports IMO
    I think whatever fanbase you live near is the worst in all of sports. I live in Dallas, they suck here.

I don't really hate the Giants anymore, but I don't live within 1000 miles of any Giant fans. I'd rather they stop winning Super Bowls, but better that then the Pats winning.

But no, root for them? Can't do it. There are a few other teams I kind of like when the Jets are done, but I don't passionately follow any other team.

All League
    I have no problem rooting for the Giants. I like Eli Manning. I would never label myself a Giants FAN, but I have no reason to be against them.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Jets fan no doubt, but if the Giants are on the tv against mostly anyone, other than the Jets of course, I do root for them. Family roots for them, so want them to be happy even if my team sucked most of the time. Since Woody bought them, they've definitely been far better, so the hazing when we play each other is not so brutal anymore.
    This sums up where I come from too.

Quote Originally Posted by sash1 View Post
    People who are also giants fans aren't real football fans and definately not real Jets fans. They are casual fans of the sport and fans of New York. Cant be a real fan and say your a fan of both. Not how it works
    The fan police has spoken. Might as well close this thread now.

Hate the Giants more than any other team, Pats included.

+1

I think a lot of it has to do with having to deal with Giants fans so much. So many if them are so obsessed with the Jets... It's quite sad.

Regardless of the reason, I just hate them and root for them to lose almost as hard as I root for the Jets to win. In the regular season I'd wang the Giants to best the Pats, but in the Super Bowl I wanted the Pats to beat them. Couldn't feel good about it either way, so I barely watched the giants/Pats Super Bowls.

Really can't stand the VaG-men myself, but if its the Dolphins or Marcia's team, I gotta root for them, gotta support the hometown. The guys I was watching the Super Bowl with in 2007 couldn't believe I wasn't a Giants fan at the end of the game. I woulda been so depressed if they went 19-0 and was certain they were gonna do it.

Completely different tho with the Yanks. When they played Atlanta in 1996, 1999 and the Phillies in 2009, I had next to no interest. No one to cheer for. It was lose lose. Definitely credit it to my old man for instilling such a visceral Brooklyn Dodger spawned hatred for the Yankees.
    I don't let it get to me though believe it or not. It's just detached hate at this point in my life.

I don't hate the giants at all but when they win I feel no pride or happiness. They're not my team. I only have 1 team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If you're a fan of two teams, you're a fan of no teams.
    THIS!

and this.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If you're a fan of two teams, you're a fan of no teams.
    While not totally true, it certainly applies to the Giants and Jets.

I used to hate the Giants, but after the SB win over the Patriots, I have grown to be indifferent towards the Giants. Don't root for them, but don't hate them. I absolutely despise many of their fans ...

I am in the middle of reading the Namath book written by Mark Kriegel and it discusses the Giants-Jets rivalry going back to when the Titans were first started. If you have not read it, you should check it out.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Says who? Is this a law of nature?
    This doesn't surprise me....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    I can't stand the giant fans. Most of them no jack **** about them and they all talk ****. So I hate the giants as much as I hate the pats.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Are you a fan of a team when you are happy to see them lose? SB against the Pats aside, which is like rooting for the Soviets to beat the Nazis, I have no love for the Giants. And they don't love the Jets either, by the way.

All Pro
    No. I am not a fan of the Giants, though sometimes I think about how much easier that would be.

I do root for them when they play the Eagles (who I despise) and when they play AFC East teams.

And I agree with all of the people who say you can't be a fan of both. That goes against every Sports Fan rule there is.
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 05-08-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    My old timer story

mid fifties...born in Brooklyn. ..bled Brooklyn Dodger blue...Ebbets Field...Jackie...Boys of Summer...

Started to get interested in this Pro Football thing...looked over the team names...New York Giants??...Bobby Thomson...Sal Maglie...NO WAY FOR ME.

Who was their biggest rival..Cleveland Browns. ..young Jim Brown..Otto..Dante Lavelli..Lou the toe..Ray Renfro...MY TEAM!!

Goddam O Malley...ROT IN HELL...moves Dodgers to Hollyweird...

1960 arrives. ..new football league arrives..Titans..foolish club..Harry Wismer..Sammy Baugh..NOT NY Giants

MY NEW LOCAL TEAM...Rooted for two teams..Titans AND whoever was playing against Giants..

Still Do...other than those two times I bled Big Blue in February against the filthy stinking cheaters, Belisatan and Tammi the queer

All League
    Hate the vaGiants more than any other team. Well, maybe the Pasts just as much.

Anyway, the truth is if you like two teams, you love no teams.

I LOVE the Jets.