Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 136

Thread: How many of you here are Giant fans too?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If you're a fan of two teams, you're a fan of no teams.
    Well said.

    One team and that's it. You can hope for another team or teams to do well, but to call yourself a fan of them? No can do.

  2. #42
    I've been accused of hating the Giants more than I like the Jets. Don't know if that's true, but you get my point.
    A lot of my hatred towards the Giants comes from being around their fans (family, friends, etc...). Taking so much ribbing all these years has taken it's toll on me.

  3. #43
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Valley Stream, N.Y.
    Posts
    2,968
    First, anyone posting on Jets Insider is, by definition, a die-hard Jets fan and doesn't reside in NY football limbo. So while you know doubt can find wishy-washy fan loyalty all around, you're not likely to find any of it here.

    As other posters have said, it's not so much the Giants team that's the problem -- it's their d-bag fans. Personal stories too numerous to go into now, but suffice it to say that I've learned to love every setback that befalls that team, simply because of how their neanderthal fanbase will react.

  4. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madison, NJ
    Posts
    2,183
    are you kidding?

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,759
    No issue with the Giants. I root for the Giants when they aren't playing the Jets and when we don't need them to lose.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I agree. It don't mind seeing the Giants win, but I live and die with the Jets. I think I have mellowed towards the Giants since I moved out to Chicago and I don't have to live with Giant fans. The Bears have replaced them -- I hate to see the Bears win cuz I have to deal with their fans on Monday mornings.
    This. For me, it probably comes from growing up out of the NY area, so I never had to deal with Giants fans giving me ****.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJets View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, it's never OK for a Jet fan to root for the Giants. Not ever. They're the enemy just as much as the Pats and Fins.

    Maybe things would be different if their fans weren't so obnoxious and arrogant. Quite possibly the worst fanbase in all professional sports IMO
    Frankly, I think that's Jets fans.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Frankly, I think that's Jets fans.
    Is there a reason you hate our fan base? Spend a day in the Eagles fan base or in Oakland and let me know if you think our fan base is still the worst in sports, let alone in football.

  9. #49
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,710
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    SOrry...GIants against the Pats? SB?

    I go regional.

    Go Giants. Rest of the time, suck it.

    -
    Not sure that i disagree 32 but I have also seen it argued as AFC vs. NFC. If were are going to be holding our noses on one or the other choice that is.

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,027
    I don't see any difference with liking both NY NFL teams or liking both MLB NY teams. It's friggin' stupid.

    I'm a Jets / Yankees fan, but I have never had a seething hatred for the giants or the mets but I sure are hell don't root for them. That may be because my old man is a giants / mets fan and we like to talk sports.

    In 1986, I wanted the mets to win the World Series... not because I wanted to see them win but because I wanted to see the red sox lose.

    In 2007, I wanted the giants to win the Super Bowl... not because I wanted to see them win but because I wanted to see the pats lose.

    To me if you like both NY teams in one sport you aren't a real sports fan.

  11. #51
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,868
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Is there a reason you hate our fan base? Spend a day in the Eagles fan base or in Oakland and let me know if you think our fan base is still the worst in sports, let alone in football.
    Eagles fans are one of the best fan bases in football.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,517
    I will admit I watched both the Jets and Giants growing up. I wanted both to win - of course unless they played each other and then I wanted the Jets to win. I always favored the Jets. Then in 1992 me & my dad started going to games and following year got our season tickets. And I have to admit it went from wanting both teams to win to wanting the Giants to fail miserably - lol.
    I am a Jet fan through and through there are no other NFL team I root for. And out of the 3 sports I watch NFL, NHL & MBL - The Jets are always my top team!

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,868
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I don't see any difference with liking both NY NFL teams or liking both MLB NY teams. It's friggin' stupid.
    Right, they are in two different conferences and leagues.

  14. #54
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Middlesex County, NJ
    Posts
    3,363
    I still get goosebumps watching the Tyree catch knowing it RUINED the *Pats perfect season, but cut me and I bleed 'effin Green!

  15. #55
    You can only give your heart to one woman..

    You can only give your heart to one team..


    I don't see how you can possibly root for two teams.. I am a Jets fan and a Jets fan only..

    My only other rooting interest only comes when I am rooting AGAINST certain teams.. And yes.. Usually I am rooting AGAINST the Giants..

  16. #56
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No issue with the Giants. I root for the Giants when they aren't playing the Jets and when we don't need them to lose.
    I never root for the Giants but I watch the Giants games.

    My father, my uncle, my cousin, at least half my family are Giants fans and they don't root against the Jets because they know I'm a fan so it's a reciprocal situation.

    From 1978-1982 my family only had 10 channels of fuzzy TV and the only non-Jets games pumped in to NY on Sunday's back then were Giants games, guess I got used to the NY doubleheader to this day.

    Watch the Giants. Don't root for them.

    SAR I

  17. #57
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madison, NJ
    Posts
    2,183
    Quote Originally Posted by GetaLife View Post
    You can only give your heart to one woman..

    You can only give your heart to one team..


    I don't see how you can possibly root for two teams.. I am a Jets fan and a Jets fan only..

    My only other rooting interest only comes when I am rooting AGAINST certain teams.. And yes.. Usually I am rooting AGAINST the Giants..
    Agree, this is enough to make you puke

  18. #58
    As someone old enough to remember the AFL/NFL rivalry, I never root for the Giants.
    As much as it bothered me to root for the Patsies in the Super Bowl I couldn't pull the trigger on the Giants.
    I hate them, their buffoon owners and their fans.
    Too bad Tom Brady chokes whenever he plays them.

  19. #59
    BLASPHEMY

    The ONLY time, I repeat, the ONLY time I root for the Giants is when they play the Pats in the superbowl. During those two superbowls I had a complete allegiance to the Giants and more importantly NYC in general. Once the game ended I went back to hating them.

    Pats will always be a worse enemy than the Giants because Boston is inferior to NYC in everyway.

    Just like if Mets ever played Red Sux in the WS I would happily root for the Mets.

  20. #60
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea319now314 View Post
    As someone old enough to remember the AFL/NFL rivalry, I never root for the Giants.
    As much as it bothered me to root for the Patsies in the Super Bowl I couldn't pull the trigger on the Giants.
    I hate them, their buffoon owners and their fans.
    Too bad Tom Brady chokes whenever he plays them.
    I just don't feel this hate, never did.

    They're not in our conference, they have no impact on our playoff standings 75% of the time, and we no longer play in their stadium. The benefits of the Giants are a) they provide a strong second-game each Sunday as they usually play the NFC division winners each year, b) their presence in the NY market ensures that our owner has to stay on his toes and keep us competitive.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us