Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you here are Giant fans too?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    It is interesting the the most whiney, the glass is always half full jet fans are fine with the Giants and have no issues with them.

Telling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You cannot be a true fan of more than one team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    agreed

it's an interesting correlation that Jet Nut made in the prior post. Is it a coincidence that most of the SOJFs "really, really have no problem with Big Blue and many seem to like them a real lot"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I just don't feel this hate, never did.

They're not in our conference, they have no impact on our playoff standings 75% of the time, and we no longer play in their stadium. The benefits of the Giants are a) they provide a strong second-game each Sunday as they usually play the NFC division winners each year, b) their presence in the NY market ensures that our owner has to stay on his toes and keep us competitive.

SAR I
    For most of us I think it relates to our experience with Giants fans. I have no problem with Eli Manning. He seems like a good guy. We play them once in a blue moon and I don't care about "owning" NY as much as I care about winning the AFC East.

I just hate their fans and I've been dealing with them my whole life. I pretty much always root against them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've hated the Giants since the 60s, when I started to follow football and the Jets. So much so that, if I were completely honest, I started to root for the Pats
    in the 2008 Super Bowl.

Right now, Eli bugs me beyond all belief. Before him, Tiki Hut and Strahan.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    My old timer story

mid fifties...born in Brooklyn. ..bled Brooklyn Dodger blue...Ebbets Field...Jackie...Boys of Summer...

Started to get interested in this Pro Football thing...looked over the team names...New York Giants??...Bobby Thomson...Sal Maglie...NO WAY FOR ME.

Who was their biggest rival..Cleveland Browns. ..young Jim Brown..Otto..Dante Lavelli..Lou the toe..Ray Renfro...MY TEAM!!

Goddam O Malley...ROT IN HELL...moves Dodgers to Hollyweird...

1960 arrives. ..new football league arrives..Titans..foolish club..Harry Wismer..Sammy Baugh..NOT NY Giants

MY NEW LOCAL TEAM...Rooted for two teams..Titans AND whoever was playing against Giants..

Still Do...other than those two times I bled Big Blue in February against the filthy stinking cheaters, Belisatan and Tammi the queer

If the Dodgers never moved to LA , there never would have been a team called the New York Jets, because there never would have been a team called the New York Mets and the Nets for that matter.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    my wife is a Giants fan so they are on TV alot, therefore I generally root for them. They also seem to provide a post season team to root for often

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    wrong.

I coach 2 High School Basketball teams, I love them, we work hard all year and 1 time per season meet. It's horrible when we play, but all year they work together in practice against each other and together.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Hate the Giants more than any other team, Pats included.
    No way, hate the Pats, Bills, Colts, Fins equally.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I just don't feel this hate, never did.

They're not in our conference, they have no impact on our playoff standings 75% of the time, and we no longer play in their stadium. The benefits of the Giants are a) they provide a strong second-game each Sunday as they usually play the NFC division winners each year, b) their presence in the NY market ensures that our owner has to stay on his toes and keep us competitive.

SAR I
    Agreed and so far he has been doing better than Hess did in comparison to time owned and times to playoffs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If you're a fan of two teams, you're a fan of no teams.
    Exactly

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    wrong.

I coach 2 High School Basketball teams, I love them, we work hard all year and 1 time per season meet. It's horrible when we play, but all year they work together in practice against each other and together.....
    LOL, I'm talking about pro sports dude. Obviously you can root for teams that you coach.

I just don't buy the "I root for all NY teams" BS.

I once had a guy I worked with tell me he was a Patriots and Colts fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HBJETFANBOB View Post
    If the Dodgers never moved to LA , there never would have been a team called the New York Jets, because there never would have been a team called the New York Mets and the Nets for that matter.
    Technically correct, I guess, as far as the name Jets is concerned, but the AFL team that became the Jets was founded and started playing football two years before the New York Mets were created as a National League expansion team.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't hate the Giants and do not root for or against them. They are just another team in the league as far as I am concerned. I have tried, but can not watch another team play that does not involve the Jets for more than 5 minutes. Monday Night Football is a waste for me because I don't watch other teams. I might tune in (for the 5 mins at most) to watch another guy play that I was hoping that the Jets might draft just to see for myself if this guy turned out to be the goods. Otherwise I find out about him and others on SportsCenter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    At this point I'm married to the Jets. The Giants are like a hot girl with a great ass. I admire them only when wearing sun glasses and I try not to stare at them when my wife is performing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    At this point I'm married to the Jets. The Giants are like a hot girl with a great ass. I admire them only when wearing sun glasses and I try not to stare at them when my wife is performing.
    Performing what?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    LMAO!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If you're a fan of two teams, you're a fan of no teams.
    I don't think that's really true. It sort of depends on what you mean by "fan". I don't think you can be a diehard 1000% fan of two teams, but you can root for the Giants a little bit since they are fairly removed from the Jets. I'm clearly a Jets fan more than any other team in any other sport, it's not true in my case, but I could see following a second team and rooting for them to do well.

I was vaguely rooting for the Brooklyn Nets in the NBA playoffs, even though I'm a Knicks fan. Doesn't mean I'm less of a Knicks fan.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea319now314 View Post
    As someone old enough to remember the AFL/NFL rivalry, I never root for the Giants.
    As much as it bothered me to root for the Patsies in the Super Bowl I couldn't pull the trigger on the Giants.
    I hate them, their buffoon owners and their fans.
    Too bad Tom Brady chokes whenever he plays them.
    Same here, except that I'm 23 years old.

I hate the Giants, their fans, their success, their LUCK (not Andrew), how they're constantly viewed as the darlings of NY and the definition of class, Eli Manning, Justin Tuck, Phil Simms, Lawrence Taylor, Tiki Barber, Michael Strahan, the color blue (this can apply to the Pats too), you catch the drift.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Frankly, I think that's Jets fans.
    Philly is way more obnoxious IMO.