Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wilkerson & Coples ~ ~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol ofcourse I'm not comparing coples work ethic to Martin.. My point is its people are overreacting thinking coples isn't motivated just because they are hearing Rex call him out.. Martin had a tremendous work ethic and parcells still called him out.. There is always a extra level a player can get to with motivatation.. Martin admitted that himself that he owed parcells a lot for getting on him.. Coples played 1 yr, Rex did not throw him to the wolves right of the bat.. He let the kid learn in practices and eased him into more playing time as season went on.. People who think he didnt play early because he want given effort just have no clue.. It's rare for a rookie to step in right away and awesome, especially on D.. Luckily for us the gossip rumor did effect coples dropping some.. Like it did geno.. There are so many very good players to pick early that teams will just pass on guys who had the slightest report of anything negative.. Coples is not going to have a problem being motivated with Rex, had he gone to a less D minded coach maybe but won't happen with Rex.. But lets see the kid play a year or two before we judge? Pierre Paul didnt have a very good sophomore year, was his motor off? Or just still learning the game?
    I think you ment Pierre Paul first year? He had a great 2nd year. Paul had only 1 year of College football at a reasonably low level. Apples and Oranges. He is a freak who is still learning the game.

Agreed on Coplet. Let's see how he develops.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 06-04-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I think you ment Pierre Paul first year? He had a great 2nd year. Paul had only 1 year of College football at a reasonably low level. Apples and Oranges. He is a freak who is still learning the game.

Agreed on Coplet. Let's see how he develops.
    My mistake I meant last yr about Pierre Paul..forgot it was his 3rd yr not 2nd.. His stats dipped a lot, but now see could have been from back issues. That's what killed the giants, they always had a weak secondary but had tremendous pass rush up until last yr.. That protected weak secondary.. Last yr they had very little rush which exposed the secondary greatly, which cost them many games.. I think jets D can be very good now with a strong rush for once- Barnes, Richardson, improving coples and scary to think wilk could be better.. We lost revis but replaced him with what should be a very good corner to go along with Cro.. Need help at safety which I'm sure will be addressed next year.. D is 14 has potential to be as good as 09/10.. If Rex is still here..

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    First of all Freddy Couples is 54 years old, has a bad back but still can contend occasionally on the PGA tour. He is way too small to play DL in the NFL.

Quenton Coples, on the other hand had a fine rookie season. All the lazy, low motor stories you and a couple of other gloomy know nothings continue to spew here stemmed from being misused by an incompetent new HC in his senior year at UNC.

It would probably help to have actually watched his prior seasons in college and his rookie season with the Jets before repeating disproved nonsense about a player whose name you can't even spell correctly.

It makes you sound lazy with a low motor
    You do know you spelled his name wrong as well. People in glass houses...

All Pro
    Let's review. Rex loved the kid, held him out of minicamp drills because he pissed him off, made him play the last preseason game when he was going to be the starter and didn't start him. This offseason he has already called him out publicly.

This is a great talent who underperformed his talent because he doesn't work hard. This guy would have been a top 5 pick if he moved his ass. I'm a Jets fan I hope he bust his ass and becomes what he is capable of being. sg3 finally got his lips so far up Sanchez's ass his head came out the other end and he needs a new place to start. This was my present to him. What's your excuse?
    If you had watched any film of the kid you would have known what his name was. The only thing he did last year was cop an attitude when he wasn't taken out with the starters in a preseason game. Yeah big problem there. He got called out by Rex this year for not being focused during one drill. Coples said it never happened before and it would never happen again. He never had a lack of effort in college, and never had any lack of effort in practice, or playing on the Jets. That rumor came from some people like you, that were too lazy to check their facts. They were trying to explain his drop in stats from the previous year, and they leapt to that invalid conclusion, the same way you seem to do all the time. I don't need any excuses, because I watch the film.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 06-04-2013 at 10:00 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sevomd View Post
    You do know you spelled his name wrong as well. People in glass houses...
    Misspelling a name is completely different than repeatedly calling someone the wrong name.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    He was very raw and a gamble that certainly paid off.. He was 3 picks away from falling out of 1st round, yet if I was bored I'd go look at the list of D players picked ahead of him that he is clearly better than.. Coples did very well for a rook in the time he played.. How people can attack him is quite amusing. He is very strong and athletic for his size.. Rex is calling him out for obvious strategy, to get him to play with a chip on his shoulder and for him to play with fire.. Because its the jets people will unfairly get on coples even before he plays a full season.. Parcels did this all the time with giant players and jets.. Was Curtis Martin a guy who didnt hussle? The opposite, yet parcells still motivated him before season of him winning the rushing title in 99.. Martin left the award on parcells desk for his thanks in motivating him.. Best story I heard was when Bryan cox said parcells told him in practice " looks like your running out of gas" cox said after practice there was a empty gas can in front of his locker lol. Parcells had that respect to motivate, and Rex also appears to command that respect.. The team doesn't blame Rex for having to endure the worst qb in the league, as long as team plays hard for Rex he will be here.. Eagles gave up on Andy Reid, that's why he had to move on..
    Coples had to learn 4 different, very complex positions. His only struggles came learning to two gap, which he had never done before. You need to read the way the olineman is blocking you, and counter that without peeking into the backfield, which will get you knocked on your butt. You need to trust your instincts. In order to trust your instincts you must get repetition. It takes time to learn, and it may look to the untrained eye like a lack of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Coples had to learn 4 different, very complex positions. His only struggles came learning to two gap, which he had never done before. You need to read the way the olineman is blocking you, and counter that without peeking into the backfield, which will get you knocked on your butt. You need to trust your instincts. In order to trust your instincts you must get repetition. It takes time to learn, and it may look to the untrained eye like a lack of effort.
    Good post amigo

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    If you had watched any film of the kid you would have known what his name was. The only thing he did last year was cop an attitude when he wasn't taken out with the starters in a preseason game. Yeah big problem there. He got called out by Rex this year for not being focused during one drill. Coples said it never happened before and it would never happen again. He never had a lack of effort in college, and never had any lack of effort in practice, or playing on the Jets. That rumor came from some people like you, that were too lazy to check their facts. They were trying to explain his drop in stats from the previous year, and they leapt to that invalid conclusion, the same way you seem to do all the time. I don't need any excuses, because I watch the film.
    Dude-I'm not working for a draft combine, that was the word on Coples from guys who do more than watch tape, they understand the tape they are watching. They is 15 other NFL teams plus most of the scouting community that gets paid to pimp these guys.

Rex was all over his ass before the season started he held him out of camp drills before the pre-season started for pissing him off.

You think Rex Ryan was the only NFL coach who loved this kids talent? He dropped to us. Guys who have his talent who have high motors move up the board not down the board.

He had an okay season. The Jets were a 6 and 10 team that was virtually unwatchable with a mediocre D that had the benefit of teams not needing to do much to outscore us. On a 6 and 10 team with holes all over it the No. 1 draft pick starts. The 2012 Jets were not exactly a top team that had the luxury of sitting their top pick on most of the snaps.

I think he has great talent, he has to step it up big time if he is going to be a big time NFL player.

You guys are acting like the 2012 Jets were a top NFL team that could afford to develop their players slowly. This is a team that fired the GM and was a hair from firing the HC. It was a housecleaning and our top draft pick couldn't start?

The Jets were unwatchable live and you were watching the tape and making excuses why this kid was a situational player on an outright crappy NFL team.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 06-05-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Dude-I'm not working for a draft combine, that was the word on Coples from guys who do more than watch tape, they understand the tape they are watching. They is 15 other NFL teams plus most of the scouting community that gets paid to pimp these guys.

Rex was all over his ass before the season started he held him out of camp drills before the pre-season started for pissing him off.

You think Rex Ryan was the only NFL coach who loved this kids talent? He dropped to us. Guys who have his talent who have high motors move up the board not down the board.

He had an okay season. The Jets were a 6 and 10 team that was virtually unwatchable with a mediocre D that had the benefit of teams not needing to do much to outscore us. On a 6 and 10 team with holes all over it the No. 1 draft pick starts. The 2012 Jets were not exactly a top team that had the luxury of sitting their top pick on most of the snaps.

I think he has great talent, he has to step it up big time if he is going to be a big time NFL player.

You guys are acting like the 2012 Jets were a top NFL team that could afford to develop their players slowly. This is a team that fired the GM and was a hair from firing the HC. It was a housecleaning and our top draft pick couldn't start?

The Jets were unwatchable live and you were watching the tape and making excuses why this kid was a situational player on an outright crappy NFL team.
    More revisionist history to suit Winstonbiggs agenda. Certainly not true, but it suits his agenda

Hall Of Fame
    More personal attacks and namecalling, I see. I guess it's easier than staying on topic
    " . . . personal attacks . . . " ? ? ?

....when it comes to personal attacks...well ,...what would ~ i ~ know about PERSONAL attacks......right sg3

Jets Insider VIP
    Stay out of it Kelvin....none of your beeswax

Hall Of Fame
    Stay out of it Kelvin....none of your beeswax
    GHHAAAAD !...i luv it when YOU talk dirty

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    More revisionist history to suit Winstonbiggs agenda. Certainly not true, but it suits his agenda
    You need to get yourself back into the weight room. This kind of effort simply isn't going to cut it.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 06-05-2013 at 08:45 AM.

You need to get yourself back into the weight room. This kind of effort simply isn't going to cut it.
    That's all that is possibly could be biggs... Numerous posters in this thread have already disproved your theories (and that's all they are, certainly not any basis in truth or fact) about Coples.

At this point it just appears to be an irrational dislike and grasping at straws because you so desperately WANT to be right.

So 5.5 sacks for a rookie DL playing new positions isn't a good effort?

That's all that is possibly could be biggs... Numerous posters in this thread have already disproved your theories (and that's all they are, certainly not any basis in truth or fact) about Coples.

At this point it just appears to be an irrational dislike and grasping at straws because you so desperately WANT to be right.
    We both want this kid to do well. We disagree you want to make that into something more than it is. WTF is your agenda?

We both want this kid to do well. We disagree you want to make that into something more than it is. WTF is your agenda?

No, I don't have an agenda. You are the one that keeps on arguing as though you are right when you have clearly been proven wrong. Stop arguing and move on/accept things and I won't respond.

No, I don't have an agenda. You are the one that keeps on arguing as though you are right when you have clearly been proven wrong. Stop arguing and move on/accept things and I won't respond.
    Proven? Are you really that thin skinned that your validated by sg3 and a couple of other homers trying to justify a cog who played limited snaps on a 6 and 10 team?

I'm not arguing I'm trying to improve your ability to have a discourse with someone with a different opinion without your flying off the handle.

Feel free to respond or not, that's the point of an interactive board. Begging for the last word again lazy.

Proven? Are you really that thin skinned that your validated by sg3 and a couple of other homers trying to justify a cog who played limited snaps on a 6 and 10 team?

I'm not arguing I'm trying to improve your ability to have a discourse with someone with a different opinion without your flying off the handle.

Feel free to respond or not, that's the point of an interactive board. Begging for the last word again lazy.
    Flying off the handle?

If that's what you want to post and it makes you feel better, then go for it. Maybe you want some cookies and milk with that?

Meanwhile, back on topic, you are still wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    Flying off the handle?

If that's what you want to post and it makes you feel better, then go for it. Maybe you want some cookies and milk with that?

Meanwhile, back on topic, you are still wrong.
    Mainejet...pretty much a waste of your time trying to discuss this rationally with Winton.

His mind is made up. And all the obvious factsshowing him wrong just bounce off the stone wall of his irrational hatred for Coples.

Maybe he wanted the Jets to draft those two HOFers Ingram or Irvin instead. I have no idea as to the cause of his one note driven agenda

But it is apparently unchangeableno matter how many times he is proven to be incorrect