Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fascinating testimony regarding Benghazi

4 pages in to this thread and we still don't have the answer to the one fundamental question in this thing. We know the administration lied about the attack. We know they lied about the talking points. We know they lied when they continued to say that they blamed it on the video based on their best intel at that time. I knew all of this months ago because it came out that there was a live situation room where this attack was being monitored live in real time. They were in communication with people at the facility that was under attack.

The question remains: Where was Obama during those 7 hours? I would expect that any President in the midst of a national security crisis would be huddled with his team or the Joint Chiefs in the situation room monitoring events and making decisions. I don't know that this didn't occur just like that but we don't know that it did either. It seems odd that 9 months later this basic yes or no question has gone unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    4 pages in to this thread and we still don't have the answer to the one fundamental question in this thing. We know the administration lied about the attack. We know they lied about the talking points. We know they lied when they continued to say that they blamed it on the video based on their best intel at that time. I knew all of this months ago because it came out that there was a live situation room where this attack was being monitored live in real time. They were in communication with people at the facility that was under attack.

The question remains: Where was Obama during those 7 hours? I would expect that any President in the midst of a national security crisis would be huddled with his team or the Joint Chiefs in the situation room monitoring events and making decisions. I don't know that this didn't occur just like that but we don't know that it did either. It seems odd that 9 months later this basic yes or no question has gone unanswered.

He was sleeping bc he had to catch a flight to Vegas first thing in the morning. He could give 2 sh*ts about the Middle East, much less our fellow citizens on the ground there. Let's not forget his formative years were spent in Indonesia where he was a practicing Muslim. His middle name is Hussein as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    If you bothered to pay attention, you would know that this question has been asked. Several times.
    I believe he also asked for additional security many times and was basically told to go Phuk himself by Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    I hate that this administration has engaged in any part of a cover up. I wish they would have delivered on the promise of breaking away from the decades of an atrocious foreign policy. The Obama Administration had a real opportunity to use the mandate from the 2008 election to draw a clear distinction from the stain of the Bush/Cheney years. Instead it has been business as usual for the most part.

But much like republicans who have found their fiscal conscience now (after spending tax money like drunken sailors when their party was in office), the hypocrisy on this issue is too much to take.

Yet the lemmings who cheer for their side will continue to parrot what they are fed on Hannity and Limbaugh etc, etc.

It's odd that when I looked up these consulate attacks I found NO AMERICANS were killed. The vast MAJORITY of deaths were the attackers.
    As usual you have no idea what you are talking about. You almost never have the facts or if you do, you distort them. You, sir, are basically a liar. Just like Susan Rice, Hillary Clinton and Bozo Jay carney.
    The bombing under Clinton (Nairobi and Dar es Salaam were significant and also somewhat smoothed over.
    This Bengazi coverup and the withholding of relief help harkens back to the Somalia fiasco when relief for the Rangers was held up by the moron Secretary of Defense Aspin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    I believe he also asked for additional security many times and was basically told to go Phuk himself by Hillary.
    So why leave the embassy in Tripoli if he knew he would be at risk? Did Hillary force Stevens to go have dinner in Benghazi on 9-11?

People will now get fired as they should for not wanting the original CIA report to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    So why leave the embassy in Tripoli if he knew he would be at risk? Did Hillary force Stevens to go have dinner in Benghazi on 9-11?

People will now get fired as they should for not wanting the original CIA report to be released.
    Why the Phuk are you making this about ambassador Stevens? Are you that stupid? Hillary and this administration have been caught in a coverup that makes Watergate pale in comparison. Obama should get fired and Hillary should be banished to the scrap heap of history for what she's repeatedly done throughout her time in Arkansas, NY, and DC. These are indefensible actions and you saying that every administration does it is ridiculous.

All Pro
    (D) apologists and Crypto-Liberals alike tripping over their diks to defend this supremely corrupt government - it is to laugh - doesn't matter to them if this is another Fast & Furious in the desert with Al Qaeda in the Mexican Druglord role, B. Hussein can do no wrong

Libya, whom Bush had pacified, just had to have another unsanctioned by Congress (or anyone except the rat eared dog eater) regime change...but the usual dopes want to blame the envoy

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    It's odd that when I looked up these consulate attacks I found NO AMERICANS were killed. The vast MAJORITY of deaths were the attackers.
    As usual you have no idea what you are talking about. You almost never have the facts or if you do, you distort them. You, sir, are basically a liar. Just like Susan Rice, Hillary Clinton and Bozo Jay carney.
    The bombing under Clinton (Nairobi and Dar es Salaam were significant and also somewhat smoothed over.
    This Bengazi coverup and the withholding of relief help harkens back to the Somalia fiasco when relief for the Rangers was held up by the moron Secretary of Defense Aspin.
    You like to make definitive statements without checking your facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_K...nsulate_attack

On March 2, 2006, a suicide car bomb killed four people and injured thirty outside the Marriott Hotel in Karachi, which is about 20 yards from the consulate. Among the dead was David Foy, an American diplomat and three Pakistanis. It appears that Foy was the direct target of the bomber, who detonated his vehicle in the car park behind the consulate as Foy arrived. The bomb was reported to be the most powerful attack of its kind in Karachi, and it left a two metre crater in the car park and destroyed at least ten nearby cars.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    The truth isn't important? For one, besides that, I want someone (whoever is responsible) to be identified and held accountable. Just as you or I would at our jobs. With the hope that we at least display a little bit that we don't tolerate this kind of disgraceful behavior from our public service. If you're OK with it, that's your thing. But not mine.

I haven't mentioned Obama. If you could take your head out his ass for a minute long enough to actual understand the issue, maybe you would have a problem with it too. Its just so sad and pathetic to hear people whine about how political the GOP is on this, when those defending this so are no better ( or worse). They're usually the same folks.
    I admire you JP for your sincere effort to educate the folks. Good luck in your quest. It won't be easy.
    Last edited by Pats1960; 05-12-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Why the Phuk are you making this about ambassador Stevens? Are you that stupid? Hillary and this administration have been caught in a coverup that makes Watergate pale in comparison. Obama should get fired and Hillary should be banished to the scrap heap of history for what she's repeatedly done throughout her time in Arkansas, NY, and DC. These are indefensible actions and you saying that every administration does it is ridiculous.
    A cover up? This State Dept released talking points to the media. ABC was given the emails by the Administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You like to make definitive statements without checking your facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_K...nsulate_attack

OK ONE guy. Is that the best YOU can do?
    What about the cover up / Was there a call for help and backup that was denied? Send us help!! Reply. GFY.
    Little different than a car bomb. NO?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I admire you JP for your sincere effort to educate the folks. Good luck in your quest. It won't be easy.
    Thanks. Not sure why I bother though. Talking to people who claim to despise the politics of the issues, then cloak themselves in the politics of the issues is obviously pointless. Wouldn't it be refreshing if people stopped and looked in the mirror once in a while?

All League
    If she did she was not alone. The house GOP turned down funding.

There is a reason why this is a finger-pointing politically driven witch hunt.

IMHO this process should be an investigation looking att all issues so this kind of stuff does not occur again. But it seems that solutions are not the goal. Hopefully solutions or new procedures or what is best will be discovered in spite of the politics.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1954912.html

...CNN anchor Soledad O'Brien asked the Utah Republican if he had "voted to cut the funding for embassy security."

"Absolutely," Chaffetz said. "Look we have to make priorities and choices in this country. We have…15,000 contractors in Iraq. We have more than 6,000 contractors, a private army there, for President Obama, in Baghdad. And we’re talking about can we get two dozen or so people into Libya to help protect our forces. When you’re in tough economic times, you have to make difficult choices. You have to prioritize things.”...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post

OK ONE guy.

You need to curb your outrage in regard the loss of American lives. To me it is does not seem to be genuine

All League

G.O.P. Pushes for More Details of Benghazi Attack

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/13/us...k.html?hp&_r=0

Political Brinksmanship!

If this is such an egregious event why not have a special investigation?

Is Representative Issa scared of losing control of the dialog on this with the introduction of facts?

Is the house GOP overplaying their hand?

Are former Ambassador Thomas Pickering and Adm. Mike Mullen now viewed as "the enemy" by the house GOP?

This is very, very interesting.

WASHINGTON — A House committee chairman vowed Sunday to seek additional testimony on the administration’s handling of last year’s deadly attack on the American diplomatic post in Libya as another prominent Republican lawmaker called for a special committee to investigate.

The dispute over last September’s assault in Benghazi that killed four Americans dominated the network talk shows on Sunday. Leaders of both parties debated whether the administration paid enough attention to security before the attack, did enough to respond once violence began and tried to deceive the public afterward in the midst of an election campaign.

“I’d call it a cover-up,” Senator John McCain, Republican of Arizona, said on “This Week” on ABC News. “I would call it a cover-up in the extent that there was willful removal of information, which was obvious.”

McCain called for a select committee to investigate, saying that “there are so many questions that are unanswered.” Last, week, several House Republicans called for a special investigation in that chamber as well.

Representative Darrell Issa, Republican of California and chairman of a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee investigating the episode, also referred to a cover-up as he charged that the administration scrubbed talking points to falsely blame an incendiary anti-Muslim video rather than specific terrorist groups.

“The American people were effectively lied to for a period of about a month,” he said on “Meet the Press” on NBC News. “They were in fact covering up an easy attack that succeeded, that was from the get-go really about a terrorist attack. It was never about a video.”

Mr. Issa said he would deliver requests for testimony on Monday to former Ambassador Thomas Pickering and Adm. Mike Mullen, the retired chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who led a State Department review of the incident that critics considered inadequate. Mr. Issa, whose committee has been leading the latest investigation in the House, said he did not believe a special investigation would be necessary.

Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other American government employees were killed when the Benghazi diplomatic compound was stormed on Sept. 11. The highly charged and politically polarized debate about the episode flared up last week with Congressional hearings featuring State Department officials who questioned the handling of the situation, including the failure to make any effort to intervene militarily.

Criticism was further fueled by the disclosure of drafts and e-mail messages showing how the administration directed the editing of talking points after the attack to remove references to Al Qaeda and another terrorist group, and any warnings of threats in Benghazi. The White House last week said it was trying to avoid speculation and stick to what was definitively known at the time.

Democratic lawmakers and a former Pentagon chief came to the defense of the administration on Sunday. Former Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates, who served several Republican presidents in various capacities, before staying on under Mr. Obama for two and a half years, refuted the suggestion that the Pentagon could have scrambled jets or special forces during the attack a “cartoonish impression of military capabilities.”

“Frankly had I been in the job at the time, think my decisions would have been just as theirs were,” he said on “Face the Nation” on CBS News. “Frankly, I’ve heard ‘Well, why didn’t you just fly a fighter jet over and try and scare ‘em with the noise or something?’ Well, given the number of surface-to-air missiles that have disappeared from Qaddafi’s arsenals, I would not have approved sending an aircraft, a single aircraft over Benghazi under those circumstances.”

He added: “And to send some small number of special forces or other troops in without knowing what the environment is, without knowing what the threat is, without having any intelligence in terms of what is actually going on on the ground, I think, would have been very dangerous.”

Democrats Richard J. Durbin of Illinois, the Democratic whip, accused the Republicans of partisan persecution. “Unfortunately, this has been caught up in the 2016 presidential campaign — this effort to go after Hillary Clinton,” he said. “She didn’t have any direct-line responsibility for the decisions that were made, but they want to bring her in because they think it’s a good political show, and I think that’s unfortunate.”

Mr. Issa made clear he was not yet satisfied and planned to pursue the matter by seeking the private testimony from Mr. Pickering and Admiral Mullen.

“Ambassador Pickering, his people and he, refused to come before our committee,” Mr. Issa said.

Mr. Pickering, sitting next to him on the television set, interrupted. “That is not true,” he said.

“We have it in writing,” Mr. Issa countered, suggesting perhaps it was the White House that refused to let him appear.

“I said the day before the hearings I was willing to appear, to come to the very hearings he excluded me from,” Mr. Pickering said.

“Please don’t tell me I excluded you,” Mr. Issa interjected.

“We were told the majority said I was not welcome at that hearing, I could come another time,” Mr. Pickering said.

Mr. Issa said he wanted to explore whether the Accountability Review Board led by Mr. Pickering and Admiral Mullen interviewed all possible witnesses and focused high enough in assigning responsibility. “Ultimately, if that got it right then we can put this to a rest,” he said. “We believe it was insufficient.”

Mr. Pickering appeared on several shows to defend the panel’s actions. Under questioning on CBS, he said his panel had the opportunity to interview Hillary Rodham Clinton, then secretary of state, but did not ask any questions because they believed they had already established the facts and level of responsibility.

“We didn’t believe that was necessary and I don’t see any reason to do so now,” he said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Lol. Benghazi. So damn stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Lol. Benghazi. So damn stupid.
    Yeah, terrorist attack killing a US ambassador and the White House spokesman telling an out-and-out lie & the administration telling us the attack was about a YouTube video.

So stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Yeah, terrorist attack killing a US ambassador and the White House spokesman telling an out-and-out lie & the administration telling us the attack was about a YouTube video.

So stupid.
    out and out lie? they got caught minimizing their own press release.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tCU0YjU3P0
    Last edited by cr726; 05-12-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    out and out lie? they got caught minimizing their own press release.
    You really have to start getting your news from someone else other than Candy Crowley.

'I will have the most transparent administration in American history'

'I will take the money out of politics'

'I will run lobbyists out of Washington'

'I will not sign legislation with earmarks'

'I will close Gitmo my first day in office'

'I am a uniter; no more red, no more blue, people will reach across the aisle'

All the bullsh*t above? Broken campaign promises Obama had zero intention of keeping. Acceptable to you.

That's okay, no one has any expectations that you'd care.

But in the wake of Benghazi: Carney said the edits to Benghazi talking points were "stylistic and non-substantive," but the 12 revisions to the CIA's initial draft include removing references to terrorist activity in Libya in the months before the September 11 attack. - Carney said specifically the White House and State Department changed one measly stylistic detail - when in fact there were 12 revisions that took out any mention or interpretation of Al Qaeda or terrorism. They knew (but it was election season).

United States of Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    You are correct that tangibly speaking the investigation will most likely "amount to nothing." However, your passive attitude toward knowing "the truth" and exposing blatant lies is troublesome and naive. Transparency in a modern democracy is very valuable.
    Would you care to elaborate on that? Because i'm pretty apathetic about all this myself.

The Obama administration lied to the public, covered up facts, etc. But so what? Nothing will be done about it. The truth is only useful, if that information can be used to implement change.