Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fascinating testimony regarding Benghazi

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Fascinating testimony regarding Benghazi

How is this testimony ONLY being broadcast on Fox News??? This is the first REAL accounts of what happened regarding the events in Benghazi, and yet it is being ignored by most of the media.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honest journalism no longer exists. No hard news. Just propaganda for both sides.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The best way to get any truth in the media is piece it all together. When there is a Democrat President--as much as you may hate them--you should watch Foxnews..... When Bush was president, I would plug my nose and watch MSNBC, because I knew Fox wouldn't report much damaging news towards the president.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    The best way to get any truth in the media is piece it all together. When there is a Democrat President--as much as you may hate them--you should watch Foxnews..... When Bush was president, I would plug my nose and watch MSNBC, because I knew Fox wouldn't report much damaging news towards the president.
    But this should not be a partisan issue. This was a terrorist attack against us, regardless of party affiliation the truth should come out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    But this should not be a partisan issue. This was a terrorist attack against us, regardless of party affiliation the truth should come out.
    Obama & Hillary were standing NEXT TO Ambassador Christopher Stevens COFFIN & continued to push the YouTube video story...beyond phuked up

Former UN ambassador John Bolton thinks this could bring down the Obama Adminstration

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    CNN has a live feed of the hearing on their website.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Obama & Hillary were standing NEXT TO Ambassador Christopher Stevens COFFIN & continued to push the YouTube video story...beyond phuked up

Former UN ambassador John Bolton thinks this could bring down the Obama Adminstration
    It was either a conspired cover up to keep terrorism out of the pre election news, or just an unprecedented level of incompetence by the administration. My guess is that this was an attempt to mislead the American citizens.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Given the timing, it's somewhat obvious that Political concerns took the lead ahead of other, perhaps more legitimate concerns, and thus led to Administration messaging that was neither accurate nor honest, knowingly so.

With that said, just about any neutral objective observer knew this before the election, and the electorate turned out in record number to re-elect this Administration.

What that says is that a good portion of the electorate does not care that the messaging was inaccurate for (likely) political reasons. The events of 9/11-Libya are simply not important to them, compared to other policy issues.

And that stands today as well. While dedicated (R) partisans are out in force, almost no one else cares or is paying attention. Regardless of the testimony, it will be a loud few days in (R) circles and talk radio, but will create hardly a ripple in the mainstream and public opinion polling.

It best, it real material culpabillity can be proven, it may be a small stain on Secretary Clinton when she (if she) chooses to run in 2016. But given how vastly ahead she is in polling vs. possible Republicans for that potential contest, it likely won't be enough to keep her out of the Oval Office is she wishes to reside there down the road.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    With that said, just about any neutral objective observer knew this before the election, and the electorate turned out in record number to re-elect this Administration.
    I would add "knowledgeable" to your description of an observer/voter. There are many people who had very little knowledge about Bengazi for various reasons.

Romney also handled the entire ordeal terribly. Instead of focusing on the President's use (or lack thereof) of the word "terror" in a speech, he should have focused on incompetent leadership and a potential cover up. A huge mistake by the administration was turned into a Romney debate gaffe, and it was his own doing based on the approach he took.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I would add "knowledgeable" to your description of an observer/voter. There are many people who had very little knowledge about Bengazi for various reasons.
    Yep. If you read folks like Michael Totten and keep up on the area, it was obvious. If you have no particular interest in foreign policy in general or the middle east in particular, however . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Benghazi would never have happened if we didn't take out the government. The right and FOX news fully supported that action and are sitting on the sidelines calling for us to jump into Syria.

I'm really not sure why they are going after the President and Hillary for following a policy that the right wing, Fox news and the Neo Conservative movement fully supported. The fake outrage over a couple of more dead American bodies seems over the top to me after the body count these same policy supporters rung up in Iraq.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Benghazi would never have happened if we didn't take out the government. The right and FOX news fully supported that action and are sitting on the sidelines calling for us to jump into Syria.

I'm really not sure why they are going after the President and Hillary for following a policy that the right wing, Fox news and the Neo Conservative movement fully supported. The fake outrage over a couple of more dead American bodies seems over the top to me after the body count these same policy supporters rung up in Iraq.
    If another country's embassy was attacked here in the US would everyone be cool with that country invading to protect their citizens?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    If another country's embassy was attacked here in the US would everyone be cool with that country invading to protect their citizens?
    When was the last Embassy attack and Ambassador murder in the United States that would warrant such a response?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I highly doubt a country would have an embassy in the US if the US government wasn't in a position to defend it and there was a civil war going on. I don't recall our embassy in Libya being attacked. I don't think we have an embassy in Libya.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I highly doubt a country would have an embassy in the US if the US government wasn't in a position to defend it and there was a civil war going on. I don't recall our embassy in Libya being attacked. I don't think we have an embassy in Libya.
    We don't I was using it just for an example.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you possibly believe that there is a separation between parties?

Any of you?

Don't you understand that "partisan" is a separation designed to set you against each other?

I have read this entire thread and the only thing that occurs to me is that you are playing roles that have been assigned to you, of your own choice.

This stuff is sickening.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    In case you need directions...
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=us+em...53855&t=h&z=16

http://libya.usembassy.gov/

Jones was not the only one who viewed the attack as the work of terrorists. Gregory Hicks, the deputy chief of mission at the U.S. embassy in Tripoli at the time, said there were no reports from U.S. personnel in Libya there was a demonstration.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...terrorism.html

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Given the timing, it's somewhat obvious that Political concerns took the lead ahead of other, perhaps more legitimate concerns, and thus led to Administration messaging that was neither accurate nor honest, knowingly so.

What that says is that a good portion of the electorate does not care that the messaging was inaccurate for (likely) political reasons. The events of 9/11-Libya are simply not important to them, compared to other policy issues.

And that stands today as well. While dedicated (R) partisans are out in force, almost no one else cares or is paying attention. Regardless of the testimony, it will be a loud few days in (R) circles and talk radio, but will create hardly a ripple in the mainstream and public opinion polling.

It best, it real material culpabillity can be proven, it may be a small stain on Secretary Clinton when she (if she) chooses to run in 2016. But given how vastly ahead she is in polling vs. possible Republicans for that potential contest, it likely won't be enough to keep her out of the Oval Office is she wishes to reside there down the road.
    I think the bolded portion in blue is true, and that we've come to expect this - it's the one true bipartisan issue. There is no plain truth, there is only ever 'inaccurate messaging'. Lies.

The bolded portion in red is not a logical conclusion that can be drawn from the blue though. If you expect anyone in or around any major political office to spread lies, you just have to exclude it as a factor when casting your vote. You can't logically draw any conclusions about the importance (or lack) of 9/11-Libya to the voters.

Or are you saying you think it is irrefutable that a Romney administration would have been an honest administration with no 'inaccurate messaging'?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but this makes no sense. The issue isn't the intervention in Libya, whatever you think of it. The issue is the security (or lack thereof) for an embassy in a dangerous country, the response (or lack thereof) when that embassy was attacked, and the truthfulness (or lack thereof) of the administrations statements on that attack in its immediate aftermath.

On none of those things have the right wing taken any hypocritical position at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Sorry, but this makes no sense. The issue isn't the intervention in Libya, whatever you think of it. The issue is the security (or lack thereof) for an embassy in a dangerous country, the response (or lack thereof) when that embassy was attacked, and the truthfulness (or lack thereof) of the administrations statements on that attack in its immediate aftermath.

On none of those things have the right wing taken any hypocritical position at all.
    This wasn't an embassy and yes it does make a difference when it comes to the amount of security. I would like to know why Ambassador Stevens would be there on 9-11.