Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 156

Thread: Fascinating testimony regarding Benghazi

  1. #41
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    The truth isn't important? For one, besides that, I want someone (whoever is responsible) to be identified and held accountable. Just as you or I would at our jobs. With the hope that we at least display a little bit that we don't tolerate this kind of disgraceful behavior from our public service. If you're OK with it, that's your thing. But not mine.

    I haven't mentioned Obama. If you could take your head out his ass for a minute long enough to actual understand the issue, maybe you would have a problem with it too. Its just so sad and pathetic to hear people whine about how political the GOP is on this, when those defending this so are no better ( or worse). They're usually the same folks.
    So explain to me when Bush will come out with the truth about Iraq. How many soldiers died in Iraq trying to track down WMD that did not exist? Of course, that doesn't concern you because its not on Hannity.

    Even if there were WMDs in Iraq why should we have risked thousands of soldiers lives to get rid of them? Iraq was never a threat to launch an attack on America.

    As for being up Obama's ass, that's pretty comical because i am a libertarian and think Obama is a moron, but so was Bush. Only morons don't realize that both parties are run by the same Lobbyists and corporations.

  2. #42
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    So explain to me when Bush will come out with the truth about Iraq. How many soldiers died in Iraq trying to track down WMD that did not exist? Of course, that doesn't concern you because its not on Hannity.

    Even if there were WMDs in Iraq why should we have risked thousands of soldiers lives to get rid of them? Iraq was never a threat to launch an attack on America.

    As for being up Obama's ass, that's pretty comical because i am a libertarian and think Obama is a moron, but so was Bush. Only morons don't realize that both parties are run by the same Lobbyists and corporations.
    Holy crap, are you dense.

    Lol at the thought of me being a Hannity follower.

    Bush. Iraq. These things have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Can't see why that makes you sound like a mindless liberal? If you claim to be a libertarian, I suggest you educate yourself on the issue before you comment further. That's what we do. There's a lot more to it than saying "both sides are morons"

  3. #43
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Holy crap, are you dense.

    Lol at the thought of me being a Hannity follower.

    Bush. Iraq. These things have nothing to do with the topic at hand. Can't see why that makes you sound like a mindless liberal? If you claim to be a libertarian, I suggest you educate yourself on the issue before you comment further. That's what we do. There's a lot more to it than saying "both sides are morons"
    Benghazi will fade away into the sunset along with the Solyndra-Gate and the Fast and Furious Gate. I suppose you are just an independent thinker that just so happens to mimic the talking points of Hannity.

  4. #44
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Benghazi will fade away into the sunset along with the Solyndra-Gate and the Fast and Furious Gate. I suppose you are just an independent thinker that just so happens to mimic the talking points of Hannity.
    Benghazi might but the civil war we have set off in Iraq and Libya and the one that is going to happen in AG when we leave and possible in Pakistan is not going to be forgotten for decades.

  5. #45
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Benghazi will fade away into the sunset along with the Solyndra-Gate and the Fast and Furious Gate. I suppose you are just an independent thinker that just so happens to mimic the talking points of Hannity.
    You're going to have to do better than parroting liberal media outlets with this line of talk if you want to be taken seriously as a supposed "3rd party" guy.

    Every single one of those topics have had and will continue to have a meaningful impact on this country, and the legacy of those responsible for them. They happened. They are never erased, no matter how much one side wishes it to be. Just because the media buzz, however overblown or undercovered they were by assorted outlets, was unpalatable doesn't mean much to the actual events. I get your frustration with the extremes who make seemingly the most noise of these issues. But that doesn't mean that some of these shouldn't be considered by real thinkers. These aren't unsubstantiated claims about birth certificates. They are policy decisions and facts.

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    19,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Benghazi might but the civil war we have set off in Iraq and Libya and the one that is going to happen in AG when we leave and possible in Pakistan is not going to be forgotten for decades.
    meh - new "reasons" to hate the Great Satan are a dime a dozen, especially when you're trying to restore the Caliphate.

  7. #47
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe some of the responses here. The hearings yesterday proved something we already knew. The administration was purposefully lying when they trotted out Susan Rice and had her blame the attack on a youtube video. There is simply no way that they didn't know exactly what had happened. The so called "Faux News Conspiracy Theorists" were 100% correct in their assessment of the situation. Whats more disturbing for me is the fact that 8 months after the attack no one knows what Obama was doing during the 7 hour crisis. We know that the next morning he was off doing fundraising events. Was Obama in the situation room dealing with the crisis directly as any competent commander in chief would be? I don't think so. Anyone else notice that the perpetrators of the attack have not been hunted down or identified at all? I wonder why not.

  8. #48
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I can't believe some of the responses here. The hearings yesterday proved something we already knew. The administration was purposefully lying when they trotted out Susan Rice and had her blame the attack on a youtube video. There is simply no way that they didn't know exactly what had happened. The so called "Faux News Conspiracy Theorists" were 100% correct in their assessment of the situation. Whats more disturbing for me is the fact that 8 months after the attack no one knows what Obama was doing during the 7 hour crisis. We know that the next morning he was off doing fundraising events. Was Obama in the situation room dealing with the crisis directly as any competent commander in chief would be? I don't think so. Anyone else notice that the perpetrators of the attack have not been hunted down or identified at all? I wonder why not.
    Issa doesn't care, he needs and wants the attention.
    Last edited by cr726; 05-09-2013 at 05:42 PM.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    meh - new "reasons" to hate the Great Satan are a dime a dozen, especially when you're trying to restore the Caliphate.
    Exactly they will hate us no matter what. Spending US lives and treasury, something we actually control would be a much more interesting discussion than trying to topple the President over this chicken ****.

    The outrage over the cover up of the death of a football player in AG lasted all of 10 minutes.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    No-the narrative of BS has been going on since the Korean war. The problem is the policy. Lies got us into Iraq out of AG, into Libya and all sides seem to support the basic policy.

    Where was Fox news and McCain when the administration BS us into Iraq?
    I agree with you that our foreign policy in recent decades has been garbage. But I'm not seeing how what we did in Libya before the attack (and yes, there may have been no attack without it) dismisses our reaction after the attack. It happened. While it was happening, we made some mind-bogglingly bad decisions. And then our government purposely lied to us and the world about it. It's silly for us to ask who is responsible and why? Strange.

    Personally, I followed this hearing because it was the first chance we got to hear from people intimately involved on the ground in Benghazi and elsewhere. You had to opportunity to listen to their stories, as well as the comments and line of questioning from both Democratic and Republican Reps. I did so to evaluate who really had something constructive to say, and who was full of it. All in the effort to gather info for an informed opinion. I'll never apologize for that. And the fact that conservative news outlets are "overcovering" this is no different to me than the fact that the CNNs of the world refuse to. I'll listen to the information and decide for myself how worthy the topic is of attention.

    Seems like some of the strongest opinions on the topic in this thread (not implying you, winston) are the ones who didn't bother watching (simply because of who was giving it coverage), and now have a lot to say about it with almost no knowledge of what was said. It's amazing people will let CNN make up their minds for them. Amazing and sad.

  11. #51
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I agree with you that our foreign policy in recent decades has been garbage. But I'm not seeing how what we did in Libya before the attack (and yes, there may have been no attack without it) dismisses our reaction after the attack. It happened. While it was happening, we made some mind-bogglingly bad decisions. And then our government purposely lied to us and the world about it. It's silly for us to ask who is responsible and why? Strange.

    Personally, I followed this hearing because it was the first chance we got to hear from people intimately involved on the ground in Benghazi and elsewhere. You had to opportunity to listen to their stories, as well as the comments and line of questioning from both Democratic and Republican Reps. I did so to evaluate who really had something constructive to say, and who was full of it. All in the effort to gather info for an informed opinion. I'll never apologize for that. And the fact that conservative news outlets are "overcovering" this is no different to me than the fact that the CNNs of the world refuse to. I'll listen to the information and decide for myself how worthy the topic is of attention.

    Seems like some of the strongest opinions on the topic in this thread (not implying you, winston) are the ones who didn't bother watching (simply because of who was giving it coverage), and now have a lot to say about it with almost no knowledge of what was said. It's amazing people will let CNN make up their minds for them. Amazing and sad.
    They covered up, they did worse then cover up they sacrificed a good diplomat in Susan Rice like a sacrifice to Lord Hillary and King Obama. It's a disgrace. My problem is the complete hypocrisy of the political nature of the attack and defense by parties who are all to willing to support the basic policy which was based on a pack of lies and the real loss in treasure and honorable men and women who have dedicated themselves to serve this country, including Susan Rice.

    Congress should have put their name on the policy of destabilizing Libya and if they weren't willing to do it stop the funding. The real issue here one that nobody wants to Challenge is the Presidents unilateral action in a civil conflict that had little upside for US foreign policy. It was to easy, the target was soft and Shelly couldn't have created a better monster for the mob to get behind burning.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 05-09-2013 at 08:50 PM.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate that this administration has engaged in any part of a cover up. I wish they would have delivered on the promise of breaking away from the decades of an atrocious foreign policy. The Obama Administration had a real opportunity to use the mandate from the 2008 election to draw a clear distinction from the stain of the Bush/Cheney years. Instead it has been business as usual for the most part.

    But much like republicans who have found their fiscal conscience now (after spending tax money like drunken sailors when their party was in office), the hypocrisy on this issue is too much to take.



    Yet the lemmings who cheer for their side will continue to parrot what they are fed on Hannity and Limbaugh etc, etc.

    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 05-09-2013 at 09:58 PM.

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    I hate that this administration has engaged in a cover up and I wish they would have delivered on the promise of breaking away from the decades of a morally bankrupt foreign policy. The Obama Administration had a real opportunity to use the mandate from the 2008 election to draw a clear distinction from the Bush/Cheney stain of a decade. Instead it has been business as usual for the most part.

    But much like republicans who have found their fiscal conscience now (after spending like drunken sailors when their party was in office), the hypocrisy on this issue is too much to take.



    Yet the lemmings who cheer for their side will continue to parrot what they are fed on Hannity and Limbaugh etc, etc.
    It really is comical when you post "lemmings who cheer... parrot... Blah blah" and then copy in a picture like that.

  14. #54
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,144
    Post Thanks / Like
    We now know for sure that the Benghazi attack was not a spontaneous protest that was the direct result of a YouTube video. That was a lie.

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    It really is comical when you post "lemmings who cheer... parrot... Blah blah" and then copy in a picture like that.
    Because it makes the numbers less true....how?

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    So explain to me when Bush will come out with the truth about Iraq. How many soldiers died in Iraq trying to track down WMD that did not exist? Of course, that doesn't concern you because its not on Hannity.

    Even if there were WMDs in Iraq why should we have risked thousands of soldiers lives to get rid of them? Iraq was never a threat to launch an attack on America.

    As for being up Obama's ass, that's pretty comical because i am a libertarian and think Obama is a moron, but so was Bush. Only morons don't realize that both parties are run by the same Lobbyists and corporations.
    Bingo! We have a winner.

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Because it makes the numbers less true....how?
    You're missing the point completely, as usual. Only this time you're missing two of them.

    First of all, as already stated, these hearings are not about the fact that we were attacked.

    Second, the next time you criticize the current administration without tacking on some mention of the previous will be the first. Calling people out for non-original thought, then re-posting more of the same is beyond ironic. It's amazing you can't see the comedy you bring here.

  18. #58
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,423
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You're missing the point completely, as usual. Only this time you're missing two of them.

    First of all, as already stated, these hearings are not about the fact that we were attacked.

    Second, the next time you criticize the current administration without tacking on some mention of the previous will be the first. Calling people out for non-original thought, then re-posting more of the same is beyond ironic. It's amazing you can't see the comedy you bring here.

    And you claim I missed the point(s) of your post

    But its good to know you can amuse yourself much in the same way that a child finds amusement in watching adults talk without understanding their conversation.

  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's amazing to me that no one is asking what "F"Ambassador Stevens was there in the first place with minimal security? How did the terrorists know he was there or if they knew at all. The CIA had a bldg close by and it does appear that was the intended target. No one wants to know this because that would not be political enough and it wouldn't screw Hillary?

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    14,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    I hate that this administration has engaged in any part of a cover up. I wish they would have delivered on the promise of breaking away from the decades of an atrocious foreign policy. The Obama Administration had a real opportunity to use the mandate from the 2008 election to draw a clear distinction from the stain of the Bush/Cheney years. Instead it has been business as usual for the most part.

    But much like republicans who have found their fiscal conscience now (after spending tax money like drunken sailors when their party was in office), the hypocrisy on this issue is too much to take.



    Yet the lemmings who cheer for their side will continue to parrot what they are fed on Hannity and Limbaugh etc, etc.

    I'm not sure what part of this is so hard to grasp.

    The issue is not that the embassy was attacked. That happens, and can't be controlled much.

    The issue is not that people died. That happens, even where reasonable precautions are taken and best efforts are made to respond to the attack.

    The issues are:

    1) Were reasonable precautions taken, and if not, why not? (It appears clear the answer is "no" and "State department budget cuts" - which raises questions of resource allocation)

    2) Was every effort made to respond to the attacks (There appears to be some dispute, but for what its worth I lean towards the "likely so, given the potentially incorrect assessments about what help was needed and when it could have arrived)

    3) Was the information disseminated to the public (a) truthful or (b) misleading only to the extent necessary to protect national security (The answer appears to be "no" - the information was deliberately misleading for political gain)

    So, IJ - here's your task, if you want your above post to be taken seriously, and not just as an attempt at point-scoring via superficial arguments with no intellectual heft:

    Which of the embassy attacks on Bush's watch ought to have triggered questions similar to the three being raised about the Libya attack?

    If the answer is none, or "I don't know", then what the hell does it have to do with anything?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us