Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 156

Thread: Fascinating testimony regarding Benghazi

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,999
    Lmao. All republimorons have is Benghazi.

    So sad.


    This is a party that used to cum red white and blue. Yew haw troops and ****.

    Now? Now their the idiots that tell us about how socialist Obama is while the Dow is hitting record highs.

    Get a grip.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Sorry, but this makes no sense. The issue isn't the intervention in Libya, whatever you think of it. The issue is the security (or lack thereof) for an embassy in a dangerous country, the response (or lack thereof) when that embassy was attacked, and the truthfulness (or lack thereof) of the administrations statements on that attack in its immediate aftermath.

    On none of those things have the right wing taken any hypocritical position at all.
    All they have is the statements. Libya was not in a position to defend our staff and we shouldn't have been there. The idea that we should fortress our staff in a capital city in civil war with no way for the government of that country to provide defense is the real issue.

    Fact is the Right supported the dismantling of the government of Libya, the condition on the street in Libya and the continued US diplomatic presence in Libya. We shouldn't have gone in and certainly shouldn't have had any none military staff on the ground when the government was in no position to defend. Fox news and the right wing Senators and Congressman jumping on this are the first ones who supported dismantling the government in Libya and putting our staff in a position where anarchy was present.

    Everyone knows it was a screw up. Cover up of a cluster f**k hardly. Who in this country doesn't know it was screw up. The real issue the one that the Republicans and Fox news will never go after is why the US without Congressional approval decided to insert ourselves into a civil war and topple the government of Libya. They won't because the far right was cheerleading the move.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Former UN ambassador John Bolton thinks this could bring down the Obama Adminstration
    Please explain how that could happen.

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    All they have is the statements. Libya was not in a position to defend our staff and we shouldn't have been there. The idea that we should fortress our staff in a capital city in civil war with no way for the government of that country to provide defense is the real issue.

    Fact is the Right supported the dismantling of the government of Libya, the condition on the street in Libya and the continued US diplomatic presence in Libya. We shouldn't have gone in and certainly shouldn't have had any none military staff on the ground when the government was in no position to defend. Fox news and the right wing Senators and Congressman jumping on this are the first ones who supported dismantling the government in Libya and putting our staff in a position where anarchy was present.

    Everyone knows it was a screw up. Cover up of a cluster f**k hardly. Who in this country doesn't know it was screw up. The real issue the one that the Republicans and Fox news will never go after is why the US without Congressional approval decided to insert ourselves into a civil war and topple the government of Libya. They won't because the far right was cheerleading the move.
    So you have no issue with the blatantly false narrative around a video? And no question s about the stand-down orders given in the midst of the attack?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Obama & Hillary were standing NEXT TO Ambassador Christopher Stevens COFFIN & continued to push the YouTube video story...beyond phuked up

    Former UN ambassador John Bolton thinks this could bring down the Obama Adminstration
    Bolton is a right wing hack that gets paid by foxnews. Referring to him as "foremer UN Ambassador" as if that makes him an unbiased source of information is a joke. Foxnews also called Solyndra the next Watergate until that story died.

    Just because Foxnews says its a big story and covers it wall to wall doesn't make it a big story.

    Where was all the outrage over attacks on US Embassies before Obama became president:


  6. #26
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,565
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Bolton is a right wing hack that gets paid by foxnews. Referring to him as "foremer UN Ambassador" as if that makes him an unbiased source of information is a joke. Foxnews also called Solyndra the next Watergate until that story died.

    Just because Foxnews says its a big story and covers it wall to wall doesn't make it a big story.

    Where was all the outrage over attacks on US Embassies before Obama became president:

    I've yet to hear one person be outraged by the fact that we were attacked. Do you get that?

    The entire issue is around our terrible response to the attack, and then the outright lies that were told about the people and reasons behind the attack. Not a miscommunication. Not faulty info. A planned lie.

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I've yet to hear one person be outraged by the fact that we were attacked. Do you get that?

    The entire issue is around our terrible response to the attack, and then the outright lies that were told about the people and reasons behind the attack. Not a miscommunication. Not faulty info. A planned lie.
    I agree with you, but at the same time, are people really surprised by the government being not completely truthful for political gain? It happens all the time.

    The response from the right is just as political as the lie they are trying to expose.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,311
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I agree with you, but at the same time, are people really surprised by the government being not completely truthful for political gain? It happens all the time.

    The response from the right is just as political as the lie they are trying to expose.
    Ahh the Patriots gambit. "Everyone else does it so it is ok".

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Ahh the Patriots gambit. "Everyone else does it so it is ok".
    When did I say it was ok?

    Bengazi is a huge blemish on the Obama administration on multiple fronts.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,565
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I agree with you, but at the same time, are people really surprised by the government being not completely truthful for political gain? It happens all the time.

    The response from the right is just as political as the lie they are trying to expose.
    Of course it's a political response. Doesn't make it wrong. Does that reaction mean we all shouldn't seek real answers? Or should we just ignore it all because it gets Darryl Issa all riled up? You want to leave it to him?

    Americans were killed. And the lie had a real impact (directly affecting the ability of the FBI to investigate). Not to mention the embarrassment it brought upon this country, and the real effect it had on the families of the deceased who needed answers.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,311
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    When did I say it was ok?

    Bengazi is a huge blemish on the Obama administration on multiple fronts.
    Originally Posted by parafly
    I agree with you, but at the same time, are people really surprised by the government being not completely truthful for political gain? It happens all the time.
    If that isn't excusing it I don't know what would be.

  12. #32
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,565
    By the way, for those that didn't see the testimony, there were some fascinating tales of heroism from this attack. 6 security officers taking back building from 60 attackers. Multiple attempts to recover the Ambassador's body, huge risk. The "hospital trap".

    These alone are worthy of the coverage that most of the networks are dedicating to Jodi Arias, Amanda Knox's sex life, and Kanye West.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Of course it's a political response. Doesn't make it wrong. Does that reaction mean we all shouldn't seek real answers? Or should we just ignore it all because it gets Darryl Issa all riled up? You want to leave it to him?

    Americans were killed. And the lie had a real impact (directly affecting the ability of the FBI to investigate). Not to mention the embarrassment it brought upon this country, and the real effect it had on the families of the deceased who needed answers.
    It is a price the administration was willing to pay in order to help win an election. Personally, I think the response was unacceptable, and the consequences of their decisions are far more damaging than simply going with the truth from the beginning.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    If that isn't excusing it I don't know what would be.
    I disagree. Asking if the act surprises people does not excuse it.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    If that isn't excusing it I don't know what would be.
    What happened in west Texas is more of tragedy than Benghazi.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I've yet to hear one person be outraged by the fact that we were attacked. Do you get that?

    The entire issue is around our terrible response to the attack, and then the outright lies that were told about the people and reasons behind the attack. Not a miscommunication. Not faulty info. A planned lie.
    So what's the crime exactly? We are spending millions on this investigation, i am just wondering what you are hoping comes from this? (aside from the usual line of "the truth").

    Do you think Obama did something or didn't do something that cost lives? Where is that proof?

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    So you have no issue with the blatantly false narrative around a video? And no question s about the stand-down orders given in the midst of the attack?
    No-the narrative of BS has been going on since the Korean war. The problem is the policy. Lies got us into Iraq out of AG, into Libya and all sides seem to support the basic policy.

    Where was Fox news and McCain when the administration BS us into Iraq?
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 05-09-2013 at 02:17 PM.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,961
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    So what's the crime exactly? We are spending millions on this investigation, i am just wondering what you are hoping comes from this? (aside from the usual line of "the truth").
    Public acknowledgement that the administration mislead the public for political gain. This is a very important admission for the general health of a democracy.

    Explanation and rational of why military support was purposely not provided.

    Initiate dialog around the need for embassies in unstable countries.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,565
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    So what's the crime exactly? We are spending millions on this investigation, i am just wondering what you are hoping comes from this? (aside from the usual line of "the truth").

    Do you think Obama did something or didn't do something that cost lives? Where is that proof?
    The truth isn't important? For one, besides that, I want someone (whoever is responsible) to be identified and held accountable. Just as you or I would at our jobs. With the hope that we at least display a little bit that we don't tolerate this kind of disgraceful behavior from our public service. If you're OK with it, that's your thing. But not mine.

    I haven't mentioned Obama. If you could take your head out his ass for a minute long enough to actual understand the issue, maybe you would have a problem with it too. Its just so sad and pathetic to hear people whine about how political the GOP is on this, when those defending this so are no better ( or worse). They're usually the same folks.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Of course it's a political response. Doesn't make it wrong. Does that reaction mean we all shouldn't seek real answers? Or should we just ignore it all because it gets Darryl Issa all riled up? You want to leave it to him?

    Americans were killed. And the lie had a real impact (directly affecting the ability of the FBI to investigate). Not to mention the embarrassment it brought upon this country, and the real effect it had on the families of the deceased who needed answers.
    Talk about embarrassing. Michael Totten's reaction said it all:

    I have to say the Libyan government’s account is more credible than what the U.S. government is saying right now. I never thought I’d type that particular sentence . . .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us