Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jets Kicking Tires on Spare Parts at WR Position

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I'm guessing maybe they want the draft contracts worked out first to see how much they can offer any more FA's.
    The draft pick contracts money/terms are basically set per the new CBA.

@adbrandt: Seeing some early rookie signings being done. Used to be when agent wanted an early deal, player needed money. Now all slotted.

@adbrandt: Very little to negotiate - offsets, full guarantees. RT @cortneyw22 is the art of negotiating 1st rd deals dead b/c of new CBA?

@adbrandt: Inquiring minds. RT @YesThatBrooke What, then, do the agents do to justify their cut?

@adbrandt: Re length of NFL rookie contracts, teams/players have no choice. Mandatory four-year deals for drafted players, as per new CBA.
    Last edited by C Mart; 05-09-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I'm guessing maybe they want the draft contracts worked out first to see how much they can offer any more FA's.
    I hope that's the case.

EDIT : Good find, CMart.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: WR Braylon Edwards makes a lot of sense for the Jets. Affordable veteran. However, Edwards hasn't heard from #NYJ yet.
    Thank God, because as usual Mehta is wrong. Edwards makes no sense for the Jets. If he isn't good enough for San Francisco or Seattle, he isn't good enough here - and it's time to take Sensitive 6's binkies away because he's FINISHED, and so is Edwards. There's no need for a 30 year-old WR with a whopping 33 receptions in the last two years. Let the young players - Spadola, Rogers, White, etc. - battle it out for that final roster spot or two - and if you want a veteran sign someone who has done something the last few years or at least is younger.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Thank God, because as usual Mehta is wrong. Edwards makes no sense for the Jets. If he isn't good enough for San Francisco or Seattle, he isn't good enough here - and it's time to take Sensitive 6's binkies away because he's FINISHED, and so is Edwards. There's no need for a 30 year-old WR with a whopping 33 receptions in the last two years. Let the young players - Spadola, Rogers, White, etc. - battle it out for that final roster spot or two - and if you want a veteran sign someone who has done something the last few years or at least is younger.
    Disagree ... If he's healthy ... Bring him in cheap.

Just because Braylon hasn't heard from them *YET* doesn't mean he won't hear from them ever. Plus, I'm guessing you missed the part where Idzik was extremely complimentary of Braylon. It was in another thread which, I bet, you avoided like the plague since hearing(or rather reading) Idzik saying anything POSITIVE about Braylon makes you ill.

You're not only the Braylon-Hater-Club President; you're also a client, I presume.

I missed the part where people were proposing we pay Braylon Edwards for what he did the last 2 years in the NFL.

Id like to sign Bray Bray and Ramses.

I can see Braylon and Lloyd not having much different numbers over the course of the year. Yet the Beard is better red zone threat and blocker, also he wants to and loves to play in NY which is always a plus.

Ramses can come in and lineup as a big man in the slot almost as a replacement for having a receiving TE.

Get them both and even if they suck there still better than what we got.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    What's the story with Brad Smith. Would be nice to have slash guy like him who could fill WR #4/5 and return kicks, plus be our.....uhhh....6th QB?!?!

This sounds like a repeat of last year---weren't we kicking the tires of receivers too? I feel sorry for whomever play QB for the Jets this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Disagree ... If he's healthy ... Bring him in cheap.
    If Bray's healthy and cheap, it's a no-brainer. When he's motivated, he's very nasty to defend against.

imo, of the group only edwards has the talent or at least enough of an edge to play wr. don't know what the jets bread and butter plays will be. if it's a true wco then there will be a ton of slants and quick passes to wr's or backs. the wrs will have to be good blockers so the ball catcher gets yac.