Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jets Kicking Tires on Spare Parts at WR Position

I will only say this :

This offseason for Idzik, IMO, was a Solid B+.

Finally re-signing Braylon would make it a flat-out 'A'.

As my avy says : "RE-SIGN ME, DAMMIT!!!"

(oh and why not also sign Barden IN ADDITION to Bray? It's not like either are going to command much money)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He's already on the roster.
    All you need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Sorry padre - my man crush on Lloyd pre-dates your fairy days. I've had an unhealthy attraction to his acrobatics since the beggining. Right or wrong - i don't care. I would happily support a contract for Lloyd simply to get one of these Highlights in Green and White.
    Never said he doesn't make spectacular catches. Never said I didn't like him. I'm just saying that calling someone as soft as him a "soldier" is absurd. I don't think he was tackled once last season (unless you consider a defender gently touching him while he lies on the ground in the fetal position a "tackle").

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I will only say this :

This offseason for Idzik, IMO, was a Solid B+.

Finally re-signing Braylon would make it a flat-out 'A'.

As my avy says : "RE-SIGN ME, DAMMIT!!!"

(oh and why not also sign Barden IN ADDITION to Bray? It's not like either are going to command much money)
    I like Edwards also but hes not some magic potion that will make the Jets that much better. Edwards is on the downside of his career. Hes probably good for 10-12 games with 2-3 catches per game. 40 catches for 500 yrds and 4 TDs would be a nice season for him -its better than what hes done the past 2 seasons with better teams.

Didn't you hear? BRANDON LLOYD IS THE FUTURE!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I'd take Edwards and Lloyd..the WCO O is not just running...there is a good mixture of passing...we have the Running backs..the jets O can't be fixed over night....we are looking to get this team better in 2013....in 2014 the Jets with 12 picks and cash will be like kids in a candy store...bringing back Edwards and adding llyod to the current corp makes them pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by cedk View Post
    According to different sources, former Jets WR Braylon Edwards, former receiver Brandon Lloyd and former New York Giants wideout Ramses Barden have all been in contact with Jets brass discussing a role in Gotham.

Sportige writer Ehud Riven, in separate reports, said the team has not only expressed interest in but has also already had dialogue with both Edwards and Lloyd. Both would provide experience at one of the Jets' weakest positions and, thanks to a lack of interest from other teams, would likely come at relatively cheap prices.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/york-je...200800019.html

Hall Of Fame
    Jets said holmes will be ready for the season...not for training camp....even with holmes, bringing back Edwards and also Lloyd would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cedk View Post
    I'LL take 2 out of the 3.

If there is room.

They are saying Holmes not going to be ready for part of season something I didn't know

Hall Of Fame
    just because we stacked up on RB's does not mean this is a running team...have you seen MM's offense before? there is a lot of passing....Jets did the smart thing because you cannot have too many RB's and we are now solid at that position which includes depth and backs who brings different tools to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You did notice that we are stocking up on running backs. But Braylon in the passing game is also a great blocker. He is one of the best blockers at the receiver position in the NFL. Either way, we need a blocker at receiver who can catch!

All Pro
    The real question here is: how do Brandon Lloyd, Braylon Edwards, Josh Cribbs, Ramses Barden stack up against the later draft round WR's.... in other words, are we better served having gone the route of mid range veterans at the position. Here were the WR picks from the 4th to the 7th - which ones will contribute more to their team this year than the above?:

Ace Sanders Jaguars
    Josh Boyce Patriots
    Chris Harper Seahawks
    Quinton Patton 49ers
    Denard Robinson Jaguars
    Kenny Stills Saints
    Tavarres King Broncos
    Corey Fuller Lions
    Ryan Swope Cardinals
    Justin Brown Steelers
    Alan Bonner Texans
    Cobi Hamilton Bengals
    Last edited by long island leprechaun; 05-09-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Avoid The Lloyd, Bar The Barden, Begone Braylon....Come On Up To My Cribbs!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    The real question here is: how do Brandon Lloyd, Braylon Edwards, Josh Cribbs, Ramses Barden stack up against the later draft round WR's.... in other words, are we better served having gone the route of mid range veterans at the position. Here were the WR picks from the 4th to the 7th - which ones will contribute more to their team this year than the above?:

Ace Sanders Jaguars
    Josh Boyce Patriots
    Chris Harper Seahawks
    Quinton Patton 49ers

Denard Robinson Jaguars
    Kenny Stills Saints
    Tavarres King Broncos
    Corey Fuller Lions
    Ryan Swope Cardinals
    Justin Brown Steelers
    Alan Bonner Texans
    Cobi Hamilton Bengals
    For me, I would have rather taken Harper or Patton in the 4th than trading for Ivory. Felt much better giving up a 5th round pick for Ivory. I thought there was still some really good value left in the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    For me, I would have rather taken Harper or Patton in the 4th than trading for Ivory. Felt much better giving up a 5th round pick for Ivory. I thought there was still some really good value left in the 4th.
    thing is the jets needed a power rb more than a decent wr and ivory was better value than those wrs. the jets can sign FA wrs who can do what those guys can and you have to assume/believe they're going to address wr and te early in next year's draft. at least the jets appear to have 'fixed' the rushing situation. if they had used that 4th rounder on one of those wrs, the impact this season wouldn't likely be as much. not to say these wrs aren't good though.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    thing is the jets needed a power rb more than a decent wr and ivory was better value than those wrs. the jets can sign FA wrs who can do what those guys can and you have to assume/believe they're going to address wr and te early in next year's draft. at least the jets appear to have 'fixed' the rushing situation. if they had used that 4th rounder on one of those wrs, the impact this season wouldn't likely be as much. not to say these wrs aren't good though.
    I get the reason for the trade, and I like Ivory, I just thought a 4th was a little rich to give up. I really liked Harper, he will flourish in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I get the reason for the trade, and I like Ivory, I just thought a 4th was a little rich to give up. I really liked Harper, he will flourish in Seattle.
    a 4th rounder for a starting rb, someone who is young and proved he can get it done? sure he gets nicked up and a 5th would have been better but 4th round is probably fair value.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    That was my thinking too... Once past the 4th round, there isn't anybody in this group of draft picks that jumps out. We'll have the picks next year and some stability in the core to build on. TE was the real sacrifice in this draft. We're pretty weak there and there aren't easy fixes available.

@MMehtaNYDN: WR Braylon Edwards makes a lot of sense for the Jets. Affordable veteran. However, Edwards hasn't heard from #NYJ yet.

We want Bray.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    just because we stacked up on RB's does not mean this is a running team...have you seen MM's offense before? there is a lot of passing....Jets did the smart thing because you cannot have too many RB's and we are now solid at that position which includes depth and backs who brings different tools to the table.
    Yes I have seen MM's offense before. He tailored his scheme by what the opposition is weakest at. In other words, if a team can not stop the run, guess what? He runs! Ditto passing. He seems to favor short to intermediate passing. He also favors that the receivers get YAC.

I'd also like Braylon Edwards for the Jets. He blocks well in the run game as well as the passing game! His work blocking for other receivers is well known.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN: WR Braylon Edwards makes a lot of sense for the Jets. Affordable veteran. However, Edwards hasn't heard from #NYJ yet.
    GRRRRRR......

C'mon, Idzik!! Take the "Spike-Lee" route and DO THE RIGHT THING.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan29 View Post
    Avoid The Lloyd, Bar The Barden, Begone Braylon....Come On Up To My Cribbs!
    Talk about OVERRATED...

The guy is a glorified Kick-returner.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    I like Edwards also but hes not some magic potion that will make the Jets that much better. Edwards is on the downside of his career. Hes probably good for 10-12 games with 2-3 catches per game. 40 catches for 500 yrds and 4 TDs would be a nice season for him -its better than what hes done the past 2 seasons with better teams.
    That's why I said to grab Braylon *AND* Barden(or Lloyd) so we can TWO potential starters contributing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    GRRRRRR......

C'mon, Idzik!! Take the "Spike-Lee" route and DO THE RIGHT THING.
    I'm guessing maybe they want the draft contracts worked out first to see how much they can offer any more FA's.