Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: **Schefter: Josh Cribbs meeting with Jets**

Jets Insider VIP
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 8s

WR/KR Josh Cribbs did, in fact, visit the Jets today, as @ProFootballTalk reported. #nyj

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 8s

WR/KR Josh Cribbs did, in fact, visit the Jets today, as @ProFootballTalk reported. #nyj
    Haha i love how the media is reporting everything so late. Idzik is doing s great job shutting out the media rejects.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Haha i love how the media is reporting everything so late. Idzik is doing s great job shutting out the media rejects.

Such a breath of fresh air, isn't it? Love it

All League
    @ConorTOrr
    Can confirm @ProFootballTalk report that Cribbs visit went down today. Again, sense Im getting is that $ will have to come up a little #nyj

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Such a breath of fresh air, isn't it? Love it
    Yes the only problem is now they get to create stories and news from nothing. (All the geno talk over the last week)

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Yes the only problem is now they get to create stories and news from nothing. (All the geno talk over the last week)
    It will get old. If they stick to this hush hush concept, it will get old.

Now historically, this will not happen. 3 years and we will have another headlines grabber GM and it will cycle itself again. Hopefully not. Praying and fingers crossed of course

Jets are looking for two things - speed (short-area quickness) and playmaking-ability - for the new WCO.

These are two things they missed out on with Tavon Austin and two things neither Barden or Braylon bring.

Cribbs got some zig they need.

could point to McKnight getting cut

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    could point to McKnight getting cut
    Competition is the motto.

Jets set to unveil their secret kick return plan: Cribbs on the left and McKnight on the right. No - I think its competition and backups. Cant have Cromartie returning kicks any longer. Between Cribbs and McKnight one should be healthy enough at all times to play. No way both these guys stay healthy all season so it makes sense to have depth. I also like Cribbs better on offense. McKnight has brainfarts!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Barden is better than Edwards and Lloyd?...WHAT are you smoking dude?

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Really wouldn't call it an obsession. Barden, I feel, is the best of the mediocre bunch left on the market. We need size at the position.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Amazing how Kerley gets no props.....I see him really shining in this WCO.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Kerley had 56 catches for 820 yards with a QB who has never completed even 60% of his passes (54% last year).

Sanchez had 457 attempts last year - if he was even halfway decent and completed 62% that would be about 35 more completions of which Kerley would have had about 15 more, putting him around 70 catches and close to 1000 yards which is excellent for a WR with little other offensive help who was coming off a TC injury.

He has good hands, is explosive after the catch and should really take another leap forward this season. Definitely a player I cant wait to see play with a QB like Geno and an OC like MM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Amazing how Kerley gets no props.....I see him really shining in this WCO.

Because Kerley was the best of a bad situation .. The guy wasn't domination he made 2-3 big plays a game from the slot and was terrible on special teams (fumbles,Fair Catch record).. .. And disappeared like the rest only difference between him and the rest of the receiving core they weren't making any big plays out there..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Scoop24; 05-09-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Once the Turnover Machine is booted out in June, JK and ALL the other receivers will begin to look amazinglybetter

The best WR name I've seen linked to us thus far.

Would be a solid No.4 WR option and PR, since they don't trust McKnight on PR's and as much as I like Kerley he's good for a fumble on PR's once a month. Not to mention he was a leader in the Cleveland locker-room. We need more of those.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If we did land Cribbs, McKnight could be done with us. No need to keep a 4th string RB who won't play special teams any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MoveTheSticks: Not surprised the Jets are going to visit with Josh Cribbs. He had some big games against Baltimore when Rex was there.
    The classic "kiss of death" move. Another JAG-minus. We already have enough of them on our plate.

Jets | Joshua Cribbs leaves without deal
    Thu, 09 May 2013 05:09:17 -0700

Free-agent WR Joshua Cribbs (Browns) met with the New York Jets Wednesday, May 8, and left without a deal. The two sides discussed parameters of a deal, but no formal offer was made.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#806523#ixzz2Snj1CY5q

All League