Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: **Schefter: Josh Cribbs meeting with Jets**

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    He is a better receiver than Hill
    Who? Cribbs? Cribbs' impact in the passing game is vastly overrated. I would take Hill any day of the week over Cribbs as a WR, its not even close.

You're on crack.

Bewildered Beast
    It's Chad Morton all over again; the Skins overpaid for his explosiveness on ST...don't do it tangini

All Pro
    Yeah, well you just wait until Hill learns how to catch the ball!

All League
    No, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    You're on crack.

One day hill may be better, but i am just going from what hill showed last year.
    He did not show enough for me to think that he is better than Cribbs, may he develop to be better- maybe and probably likely- but I am saying at this time
    Cribbs is the better player.

Cribbs is the better player CURRENTLY while Hill has more upside and potential.

One day hill may be better, but i am just going from what hill showed last year.
    He did not show enough for me to think that he is better than Cribbs, may he develop to be better- maybe and probably likely- but I am saying at this time
    Overall PLAYER in terms of what he can do? Ok then, yeah I'd say Cribbs is a little better because of how dynamic he is, but as far as a pure wide receiver? No. Cribbs isn't anything special. Hill put up Cribbs-esque numbers this year despite being a rookie and being injured.

Cribbs is like Brad Smith. He'll never be a solid wide receiver despite that being his official position, but the "other" things he does when he's healthy are so valuable that he warrants a roster spot. Hill is by far a better "pure" wide receiver.

Despite the fact our QB ignored him half the season he actually looked quite good. Give him a QB that isnt afraid to throw deep and Hill will be a threat in this league. He was open a LOT last year and was never looked at a whole lot. Put a scat back behind this guy and you can come up with some great plays IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Despite the fact our QB ignored him half the season he actually looked quite good. Give him a QB that isnt afraid to throw deep and Hill will be a threat in this league. He was open a LOT last year and was never looked at a whole lot. Put a scat back behind this guy and you can come up with some great plays IMO.
    So was Johnny Lam Jones open quite a bit and Qb's stop throwing his way. It's frustrating to have a guy that wide open and Qb to throw it and hear clank.( as ball bounces off his hands)

Stephen Hill is worth trying to develop as he has a lot of God given ability you can't teach. You just can't guarantee him a starting position in 2013, you have to make him earn playing time.

Jmo He should start out as the third or fourth Wr and try to work his way up the depth charts- starting Wr position. Hey if he as good as some Jet fans think he is than he should easily prove he needs to start.

Last point Idzik didn't draft Stephen Hill so there isn't any loyalty to the player, so S hill is going to have to show he has made some serious improvement from his rookie year. He struggles in 2013 and his future could be in serious doubt with the Idzik regime.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-12-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    lol you are nuts if you truly believe that..Cribbs has never had an impact as a receiver. We sure as heck do not need him...pass.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    he is in his second year...just how is his future be in serious doubt? The man is coming off an injury....Hill will be just fine lol I have faith in what the jets are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    So was Johnny Lam Jones open quite a bit and Qb's stop throwing his way. It's frustrating to have a guy that wide open and Qb to throw it and hear clank.( as ball bounces off his hands)

Stephen Hill is worth trying to develop as he has a lot of God given ability you can't teach. You just can't guarantee him a starting position in 2013, you have to make him earn playing time.

Jmo He should start out as the third or fourth Wr and try to work his way up the depth charts- starting Wr position. Hey if he as good as some Jet fans think he is than he should easily prove he needs to start.

Last point Idzik didn't draft Stephen Hill so there isn't any loyalty to the player, so S hill is going to have to show he has made some serious improvement from his rookie year. He struggles in 2013 and his future could be in serious doubt with the Idzik regime.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    he is in his second year...just how is his future be in serious doubt? The man is coming off an injury....Hill will be just fine lol I have faith in what the jets are doing.
    Lets's see S Hill was a very raw Wr coming out last year and was picked by a GM who is no longer here. If S Hill doesn't improve oN his 21 receptions for 252 yards this year. You don't think Idzik isn't going to address the Wr position in FA and the draft in 2014. where is S Hill going but down the depth chart

Idzik is going to bring in his own guys in here. see Browns. Browns FO drafts Colt McCoy than they get a new GM and he drafts his guy Brandon Weeden . After one year of Weeden the new guys want to find their guy. ( Jason Campbell might win that job)

This is a big year for S Hill as he has to show something to a FO that didn't draft him. This new FO isn't going to be patient with S Hill as the old regime might have been since they drafted him. Idzik doesn't care if he makes Tannabaum look bad.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-12-2013 at 08:56 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Cribbs is the better player CURRENTLY while Hill has more upside and potential.
    Cribbs has never been a serious threat in the passing game. He lives around the line of scrimmage and runs slants and quick comeback routes. He is nothing more than a #4 slot receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Cribbs has never been a serious threat in the passing game. He lives around the line of scrimmage and runs slants and quick comeback routes. He is nothing more than a #4 slot receiver.
    And Hill has stumps for hands. CURRENTLY is the operative word here, mate. Stephen is the one with more potential, but he didn't exactly tear it up last year.

Now, I'm a Thrill Hill guy and I think he'll eventually turn into a very good receiver for us, but he's not that guy YET. CURRENTLY.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    And Hill has stumps for hands. CURRENTLY is the operative word here, mate. Stephen is the one with more potential, but he didn't exactly tear it up last year.

Now, I'm a Thrill Hill guy and I think he'll eventually turn into a very good receiver for us, but he's not that guy YET. CURRENTLY.
    FWIW i agree 100%. Major upside, which means not much at this point. Yet.

Careful man, you are putting out borderline sojf posts, and the positive party peeps will take offense.

Hall Of Fame

Have you ever watched Cribbs play WR? The guy has 107 receptions in 8 seasons. His receptions by year look like this, 1, 10, 3, 2, 20, 23, 41, 7. Hill in an injury plagued rookie season had 21 receptions. Hill right now, can run every route in the route tree, even with the drops Hill is a vastly better receiver.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 05-12-2013 at 10:56 AM.

All Pro
    We still need a punt returner. If we can get Cribbs with a very low signing bonus we should. Then if a punt returner shakes out during camp we can cut him. I'm tired of holding my breath during every punt though. It's kind of important to have someone that can catch a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    FWIW i agree 100%. Major upside, which means not much at this point. Yet.

Careful man, you are putting out borderline sojf posts, and the positive party peeps will take offense.
    What's that old saying? "Your potential will get me fired"? Pretty accurate, I think. I'm rooting for Hill and anybody can see how great this guy can be. But, right now, his chest is more reliable than his hands and so he has to put in the work to improve. I think he will and will be a future favorite of ours, but he's not there yet.

I like to think I've always walked the line between SOJF and Kool-Aid guzzler. I don't think our team is ran by the Illuminati and destined for 50+ years of 1-15 seasons, but I also don't think recognizing flaws in the team means you should go root for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Have you ever watched Cribbs play WR? The guy has 107 receptions in 8 seasons. His receptions by year look like this, 1, 10, 3, 2, 20, 23, 41, 7. Hill in an injury plagued rookie season had 21 receptions. Hill right now, can run every route in the route tree, even with the drops Hill is a vastly better receiver.
    Hill has vastly better potential, but I don't see him as being that great right now. I see an extremely raw guy that catches with his chest because his hands aren't reliable enough. Again, I think he'll turn out to be the better guy and could likely be a top receiver in the league (all the tools are there if he just figures out how to utilize them).