Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: **Schefter: Josh Cribbs meeting with Jets**

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Hill has vastly better potential, but I don't see him as being that great right now. I see an extremely raw guy that catches with his chest because his hands aren't reliable enough. Again, I think he'll turn out to be the better guy and could likely be a top receiver in the league (all the tools are there if he just figures out how to utilize them).
    Cribbs was underutilized as a WR, But the guy catches with his hands and is dynamic once he makes the catch. Until hill shows he can hold on to the ball he is a poor mans Bey.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Cribbs was underutilized as a WR, But the guy catches with his hands and is dynamic once he makes the catch. Until hill shows he can hold on to the ball he is a poor mans Bey.
    The guy had a 12.6 yard per catch average last year. Not exactly dynamic. I think a lot of you guys are confusing Cribbs the return man with Cribbs the WR. Plus Cribbs has had an issue of letting the ball get into his chest as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The guy had a 12.6 yard per catch average last year. Not exactly dynamic. I think a lot of you guys are confusing Cribbs the return man with Cribbs the WR. Plus Cribbs has had an issue of letting the ball get into his chest as well.
    I am not confusing the two, the pats had him in at the start of FA and did not sign him, and i was and still are disappointed. I m not saying the guy is an all pro or an even a #2 wr. Just that he is better than Hill right now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any team that signing Cribbs is looking mostly for one thing. His special teams ability . Not only is a top punt and kick returner but he excels on the coverage units on special teams.
    The Raiders offered him a contract and the reason is he would free Jacoby Ford from special teams duty, to just concentrate on playing WR.

If you're counting on Cribbs to be more than fifth Wr , than your Wr corp's isn't that good.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    What's that old saying? "Your potential will get me fired"? Pretty accurate, I think. I'm rooting for Hill and anybody can see how great this guy can be. But, right now, his chest is more reliable than his hands and so he has to put in the work to improve. I think he will and will be a future favorite of ours, but he's not there yet.

I like to think I've always walked the line between SOJF and Kool-Aid guzzler. I don't think our team is ran by the Illuminati and destined for 50+ years of 1-15 seasons, but I also don't think recognizing flaws in the team means you should go root for someone else.
    Ive been getting reamed for my cautiousness about the 2013 season. Im surely hoping its a great one, but i cant get on board until i see improvements on the field. After last season, i was so disappointing, i refuse to play "better on paper improvement" games. Proof is in the pudding, and i like tapioca.

Of course there are issues. Lets not kid ourselves, if Cribbs was anywhere near a "great" reciever, he would have been snatched up weeks ago.
    I dont like the Cribbs idea, and i agree, he is merely a glorified KR, and even at that, his glory years are behind him. If the money is short(very), id be in favor of signing him merely in hopes of him regaining his KR skills.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they should drop Cribbs like a hot potato if Brad Smith becomes available. Smith is an experienced player that has worn many hats. Very successful ST's player and important role player in the Seminole offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I think they should drop Cribbs like a hot potato if Brad Smith becomes available. Smith is an experienced player that has worn many hats. Very successful ST's player and important role player in the Seminole offense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I'm with you 1000%. At times Smith looked like a man playing with boys. We NEVER should have let him go anywhere.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    I'm with you 1000%. At times Smith looked like a man playing with boys. We NEVER should have let him go anywhere.
    I say go with neither. Smith hasn't done anything on a team with no receivers, and Cribbs isn't a wide receiver either.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    Well, we really had no choice in that matter. We had a lot of players that needed to be resigned when Smith left. The Jets also should never have even attempted to match the Bills offer to the Jets. It really was absurd. 4 years 15 million for a ST's player is big bucks.

So in a way I'm glad the Jets never got forced to pay that kind of money for Smith - as much as it hurt to see him leave.

But that's all ancient history now. The Bills didn't know how to utilize Smith correctly. If we got him back, he could hit the ground running almost immediately. He knows our system and can still offer athletic play. At 29, he still has at least another 4 seasons in him. JMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brad Smith for cheap money!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Ive been getting reamed for my cautiousness about the 2013 season. Im surely hoping its a great one, but i cant get on board until i see improvements on the field. After last season, i was so disappointing, i refuse to play "better on paper improvement" games. Proof is in the pudding, and i like tapioca.
    I agree. I'm sure I know who was doing the reaming, too.

Ultimately, we'll find out what we are in 2013 when he hit the field. Until then, nothing really means anything. No article about how much guys are inspired by cotton candy, nothing.

I don't think we'll be putrid like we were last year, but I don't expect playoffs or anything like that. For me, the exciting part is that Idzik is setting us up for a FUTURE, not just a 2013 season. THAT should be what we're excited about. Now, I'm more or less on the GS3 bandwagon, so I'm probably giving into the kool-aid side of things a bit, but it's whatever. I have a good feeling about some of these fellas.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raider 90210 should be happy

After spending his entire career with the Cleveland Browns, Josh Cribbs is heading west.

Free-agent tracker
    NFL free agency is underway. Follow all of the latest player rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. More...
    NFL.com's Ian Rapoport cited a source to report Wednesday that the receiver and dynamic return man has signed a contract with the Oakland Raiders.

Cribbs later tweeted a confirmation, writing: "I am blessed to have the opportunity to prove myself yet again! Fresh start, New team, New chip on my shoulder!!!!"

Terms of the deal have yet to be announced, but the signing ends a multi-stop offseason tour for Cribbs, who worked out last week for the Detroit Lions, New York Giants and Jets. John Idzik, the Jets general manager, told The Star-Ledger on Tuesday that Cribbs' surgically repaired left knee "isn't quite there yet," but the Raiders are convinced he can make a difference.

Rapoport: Explaining Raiders draft
    The Raiders know a return to relevancy is not an overnight fix. Ian Rapoport explains how Oakland plans to get back. More ...
    Gregg Rosenthal ranked Oakland's wideouts as the worst in the NFL, and Cribbs, if healthy, should see his share of playing time. Denarius Moore and Jacoby Ford are penciled in as starters, with Rod Streater and Juron Criner vying for snaps. It's an especially young group, and Cribbs brings veteran presence, even if his better days are behind him