Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 15000 Dow

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Fair enough.

I view a bubble as a say...ten to 20 percent or more drop.

I don't see that here. I see a small drop followed by a 2 to 3 year run of marginal if any real gains.
    I made the best investment ever.

I married a public school teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Two words: Quantitative Easing

The Fed is pumping 10's of billions of dollars into financial assets every month, and there is no end in sight.

In my opinion, Dow is going to 20,000 before the eventual correction. At this point, the best strategy is to hold your nose and ride the wave.
    To me stock potential is almost unlimited the real risk is world war.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Explain asshats. Explain how in a country where our country is run by a man who steals money from the rich is president while the stock market is through the roof.

Is he secretly letting the rich get richer so he can steal more money?
    When you drop interest rates to zero and commodity prices are stagnant there are few options for investors outside of equities. Combine that with a stock market that has gone sideways since 2000 and you get a market rally. Economies move in cycles. Most of the companies doing well have been getting great profit results with weak revenues. Much of this is due to cost cutting measures enacted during the downturn. Hiring is still stagnant and the most important measure, GDP growth, has been awful. Still I have been loving this stock market move, we are finally passing year 2000 price levels for the market which is nice 13 years later I suppose.

Jets Insider VIP
    Because it isn't real money.

All Pro
    Some good comments, the others are idiotic such as linking this bull market / economy to "Reaganomics" or asserting that PPACA benefits Big Pharma unilaterally. Tell that to Lilly who is letting go 1K sales or others as drug exclusivity expires. You dummies wish we had Reaganomics, with the increased employment and GDP that went along with it!

Fact is in the rat-eared dog-eater's reign of error, there is no place else for people to realize gains at all-not in savings, not in home equity. Who is participating in this market? The general public? At late 90's levels. Sure some people are realizing gains, but they are at the expense of others, and the majority of those are (D) aligned parties.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I made the best investment ever.

I married a public school teacher.
    She disagrees.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Explain asshats. Explain how in a country where our country is run by a man who steals money from the rich is president while the stock market is through the roof.

Is he secretly letting the rich get richer so he can steal more money?
    Ben Bernanke, Fish. It's helicopter Ben man.

If you had a way to make 5% on your money and I'd lend you money at 1% you'd do pretty damn well.

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Because it isn't real money.
    This guy gets it.

A book written in the 60's says the same thing. This is not new news.

"Where are the customers yachts".

Many if not most wall streeters are grossly over paid. Even here..I do tax return s for traders , most make between 700 and 1.8 mil. a year.

To the OP, my dear friend PK, IMO.... investors seeking yield, unavailable in the bond market, equities are the only solution. This is, IMO, classic macro economic supply push. Over hyped...maybe now a bit but companies, through technology, no longer need bloated payrolls and acordingly, profits are made.
    Bernanke is forcing $$ into equities. The hope is that the rising stock market will result in the "wealth effect", whereby folks who've mad $$ in stocks spend $$ elsewhere in the economy and spur growth in GDP. The real economy is still sh*t, and the retail investor for the most part is not involved on this rally.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    Bernanke is forcing $$ into equities. The hope is that the rising stock market will result in the "wealth effect", whereby folks who've mad $$ in stocks spend $$ elsewhere in the economy and spur growth in GDP. The real economy is still sh*t, and the retail investor for the most part is not involved on this rally.
    it's working..on me anyway. I have a nice nestegg invested. With 3ish years now of double digit returns, I am spending more freely. I feel my retirement is secure etc...

it's working..on me anyway. I have a nice nestegg invested. With 3ish years now of double digit returns, I am spending more freely. I feel my retirement is secure etc...
    Yes, s'park...bc you are sophisticated with money and investments. 95% of our great nation live check to check and don't save enough money, much less invest it. I hope you'd agree that changing the tax code (flattening it, IMO) would do more to help spur the economy...thoughts??

Yes, s'park...bc you are sophisticated with money and investments. 95% of our great nation live check to check and don't save enough money, much less invest it. I hope you'd agree that changing the tax code (flattening it, IMO) would do more to help spur the economy...thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    . 95% of our great nation live check to check and don't save enough money, much less invest it.
    balderdash. Over half of Americans own stock.