Thread: Santonio Holmes / Tavon Austin

Veteran

Santonio Holmes / Tavon Austin

They are similar players in size and speed, I would assume that given the chance geno smith and santonio could become a pretty formidable duo if used the same way as in WV

I've seen LB's catch Holmes from behind. Different players IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    They are similar players in size and speed, I would assume that given the chance geno smith and santonio could become a pretty formidable duo if used the same way as in WV
    Maybe i am crazy, but they are completely different type of player. The next time i see Santonio catch a ball, make people miss, and beat people down the sideline...will be the first time.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Maybe i am crazy, but they are completely different type of player. The next time i see Santonio catch a ball, make people miss, and beat people down the sideline...will be the first time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jqYRebZfjk

Jeremy kerly is more similar to Austin IMO. Difference is that Austin is faster

I love Holmes' game when he is trying and is on. His talent is much more subtle than some of the top tier dudes like megatron who are just physical forces. But Holmes will make that clutch catch then one subtle move to break free or get his feet in etc

Bad Holmes gives up and skips plays and lets the ball bounce off his pads. But good Holmes is a pleasure to watch. Not elite IMO but very good.

Holmes is closer to Stedman Bailey while Kerley is closer to Austin (sans the top end speed).

Holmes was a big loss for the Jets last season. He almost singlehandedly beat Miami. Once he got injured our receivers were the worst in football. Absolutely no depth. I think we are working on more depth right now.

Pluck Holmes ... Can't wait .... Till he's gone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Holmes and tavon austins games are nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    Holmes is a talented bum cut him now!

All Pro
    Austin is a fairly unique player which is why he was drafted 8 at 180 lbs.

All Pro
    Austin was drafted to be a DeSean Jackson type of player. They are home run hitters with elite speed and a threat to take it the distance every time they touch the ball. Austin isn't going to get the amount of carries he did in college -- that will ensure a brief career for him.

Holmes is an overpaid ass.

that being said, he is by far our #1 playmaker on offense and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Holmes isn't nearly as fast as Austin.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    They're similar in that they're nothing alike.