Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 60

Thread: Geno Has What Sanchez Didn't

  1. #1

    Geno Has What Sanchez Didn't

    One thing that Geno has entering his rookie season that Mark Sanchez didn't is....Mark Sanchez.

    Mark was handed the keys to the car. Geno will have to compete and earn them.

    Deep thoughts by JFB

  2. #2
    He certainly doesnt have any weapons that Mark doesn't, so good luck with that.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,235
    I'm looking for a QB that rips them out of his hands.

  4. #4
    I'm still rooting for the best possible thing that can happen for this team, and that's for Mark to get his act together and play to the potential of a #5 overall pick. If that happens, we not only have a QB that is finally playing at a high level, but we also suddenly have a high value commodity sitting on the bench that we can either go with (ala SD with Rivers over Brees), or we can trade for value in the future.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I'm still rooting for the best possible thing that can happen for this team, and that's for Mark to get his act together and play to the potential of a #5 overall pick. If that happens, we not only have a QB that is finally playing at a high level, but we also suddenly have a high value commodity sitting on the bench that we can either go with (ala SD with Rivers over Brees), or we can trade for value in the future.
    have to disagree

    best possible outcome for 2013


    Sanchez booted out the door shortly after June 1


    Garrard starts and plays the season

    Geno Smith becomes starter by his play in training camp and preseason in 2014 and for a long time after

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    have to disagree

    best possible outcome for 2013


    Sanchez booted out the door shortly after June 1


    Garrard starts and plays the season

    Geno Smith becomes starter by his play in training camp and preseason in 2014 and for a long time after
    why is this the best thing please explain

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I'm still rooting for the best possible thing that can happen for this team, and that's for Mark to get his act together and play to the potential of a #5 overall pick. If that happens, we not only have a QB that is finally playing at a high level, but we also suddenly have a high value commodity sitting on the bench that we can either go with (ala SD with Rivers over Brees), or we can trade for value in the future.
    Sorry but it is clear at this point that Sanchez did not have the talent then and certainly does not now to justify the #5 pick. He is just not good.

    Geno needs to start from day 1. With MM the situation is completely different for Geno than what Mark had with Schottenheimer

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    have to disagree

    best possible outcome for 2013


    Sanchez booted out the door shortly after June 1


    Garrard starts and plays the season

    Geno Smith becomes starter by his play in training camp and preseason in 2014 and for a long time after
    Your hatred is clouding your judgment. Snell is 100% right - having Sanchez perform well enough to satisfy the needs of the position in addition to a unknown but highly-touted guy like Geno is a win for the team.

    The old adage of "if you have two QBs on the roster you have none" is only a problem for a team if both QBs suck. If Sanchez somehow gets it together it's a Rivers/Brees or Vick/Schaub situation, not a Pennington/Clemens situation.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Your hatred is clouding your judgment. Snell is 100% right - having Sanchez perform well enough to satisfy the needs of the position in addition to a unknown but highly-touted guy like Geno is a win for the team.

    The old adage of "if you have two QBs on the roster you have none" is only a problem for a team if both QBs suck. If Sanchez somehow gets it together it's a Rivers/Brees or Vick/Schaub situation, not a Pennington/Clemens situation.
    Except Sanchez ceiling is basically Kellen Clemens.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Your hatred is clouding your judgment. Snell is 100% right - having Sanchez perform well enough to satisfy the needs of the position in addition to a unknown but highly-touted guy like Geno is a win for the team.

    The old adage of "if you have two QBs on the roster you have none" is only a problem for a team if both QBs suck. If Sanchez somehow gets it together it's a Rivers/Brees or Vick/Schaub situation, not a Pennington/Clemens situation.
    it would be great if sanchez played better but the odds are against it. he didn't have a large body of work at USC to point to and his pro career started ok and has regressed considerably. plus, the offense is being rebuilt and doesn't have the weapons to help him out (though getting rid of greene and adding two better rbs helps). all in all the situation on offense isn't set up for sanchez to succeed, through no fault or mailce by idzik. best case for sanchez is they bring back braylon and sanchez dumps it off to the rbs a fair amount and doesn't throw too many picks.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Sorry but it is clear at this point that Sanchez did not have the talent then and certainly does not now to justify the #5 pick. He is just not good.

    Geno needs to start from day 1. With MM the situation is completely different for Geno than what Mark had with Schottenheimer

    Geno needs to start? Didnt we try that experiment once (Sanchez) and fail at it?

    And... this is the Jets... you DO KNOW that Sanchez will find his stride AFTER he is not with the Jets and will likely move on and prosper somewhere else, assuming we get rid of him. You do KNOW this is likely to happen, right?

    Best outcome includes Sanchez playing well this season. Why? Duh the team gets wins, duh that increases his trade value, and duh that gives Geno time to learn and not have to go in and start producing right away.

  12. #12
    For the record, I personally have NO faith that Sanchez will actually perform better. I was down on the guy after the 2010 season when everyone was laying blame at Schotty's feet. I thought he was too erratic then, and he's only gotten worse.

    But stranger things have happened, and it would be a rare good thing for this franchise if all of a sudden they have two commodities at the position.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I'm still rooting for the best possible thing that can happen for this team, and that's for Mark to get his act together and play to the potential of a #5 overall pick. If that happens, we not only have a QB that is finally playing at a high level, but we also suddenly have a high value commodity sitting on the bench that we can either go with (ala SD with Rivers over Brees), or we can trade for value in the future.
    I agree that this is the best situation. Geno gets to sit and learn for a year and Sanchez gets cut the year after.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Your hatred is clouding your judgment. Snell is 100% right - having Sanchez perform well enough to satisfy the needs of the position in addition to a unknown but highly-touted guy like Geno is a win for the team.

    The old adage of "if you have two QBs on the roster you have none" is only a problem for a team if both QBs suck. If Sanchez somehow gets it together it's a Rivers/Brees or Vick/Schaub situation, not a Pennington/Clemens situation.
    But what could possibly give you any confidence that Sanchez can do that? Sanchez has proven only one thing in his 4 years in the league - that is INCONSISTENCY. In fact, that is the only CONSISTENT factor pertaining to Mark Sanchez.

    My point is, we've seen all we are ever going to see out of Sanchez. He's just a terrible QB. He's a turnover machine. We all could go on and on about his failings.

    Therefore, the only reasonable thing to do is to get rid of Sanchez at the earliest possible time. Have him on the roster does damage just based on him being there. In other words, the only thing he can do to the NYJ is make them worse. He cannot possibly make them better.

    Now, if you're saying based on the money we are on the hook with him, that we cannot possibly cut him. I tend to agree with you about that. But even then IMO the only way he does the least amount of damage is for him to remain on the bench.

    And in the meantime, there'll be several players complaining privately about Sanchez getting 8.25 million and being the worst QB in the league. You see what I'm saying? He could possibly create a toxic atmosphere just by remaining with the team for the 2013 season.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I'm still rooting for the best possible thing that can happen for this team, and that's for Mark to get his act together and play to the potential of a #5 overall pick. If that happens, we not only have a QB that is finally playing at a high level, but we also suddenly have a high value commodity sitting on the bench that we can either go with (ala SD with Rivers over Brees), or we can trade for value in the future.
    Have to agree with sg3. This WOULD have been ideal before the colossal implosion that was 2012. Mark will never, ever... ever-ever-ever win back NY completely. It's an unnecessary powderkeg.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Except Sanchez ceiling is basically Kellen Clemens.
    Clemens took us to the playoffs twice i dont recall that

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    Clemens took us to the playoffs twice i dont recall that
    Lol I love this excuse.. There is a difference from a qb "taking " a team to the playoffs from a qb who hopped on the back of best D and run game in league.. Or top 5 in both..

  18. #18
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,089
    Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    One thing that Geno has entering his rookie season that Mark Sanchez didn't is....Mark Sanchez.

    Mark was handed the keys to the car. Geno will have to compete and earn them.

    Deep thoughts by JFB
    I love you as a poster (some homo); but 6 had more poise than Clemens at every step...there WASN'T any competition!

    I think the J E T S jetsjetsjets are more competitive now; errr... we are just north of "almost hopeless".

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    But what could possibly give you any confidence that Sanchez can do that? Sanchez has proven only one thing in his 4 years in the league - that is INCONSISTENCY. In fact, that is the only CONSISTENT factor pertaining to Mark Sanchez.

    My point is, we've seen all we are ever going to see out of Sanchez. He's just a terrible QB. He's a turnover machine. We all could go on and on about his failings.

    Therefore, the only reasonable thing to do is to get rid of Sanchez at the earliest possible time. Have him on the roster does damage just based on him being there. In other words, the only thing he can do to the NYJ is make them worse. He cannot possibly make them better.

    Now, if you're saying based on the money we are on the hook with him, that we cannot possibly cut him. I tend to agree with you about that. But even then IMO the only way he does the least amount of damage is for him to remain on the bench.

    And in the meantime, there'll be several players complaining privately about Sanchez getting 8.25 million and being the worst QB in the league. You see what I'm saying? He could possibly create a toxic atmosphere just by remaining with the team for the 2013 season.
    i think the play on the field should decide who plays what if its not Mark and its the team around him. what if Geno gets hammered back there and is unproductive. what if Mark out plays him day after day. you want to get rid of the better player because your down on him i have seen him ]go out there and win games and seen him lose games. he killed the pats up there in the playoffs he was spot on he beat the texans at home with that pass to braylon down the sideline he threw 5 int to the bills at home so the knife cuts both ways on Mark. i am not sure if he can ever win in ny again but i am pretty sure he will win in this league again and is a lot better than most people here belive.

  20. #20
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,089
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    For the record, I personally have NO faith that Sanchez will actually perform better. I was down on the guy after the 2010 season when everyone was laying blame at Schotty's feet. I thought he was too erratic then, and he's only gotten worse.

    But stranger things have happened, and it would be a rare good thing for this franchise if all of a sudden they have two commodities at the position.
    +1 lets hope

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us