Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geno Has What Sanchez Didn't

I'm praying Sanchez has the same exact performrance during the preseason he had last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol I love this excuse.. There is a difference from a qb "taking " a team to the playoffs from a qb who hopped on the back of best D and run game in league.. Or top 5 in both..
    if we lost to the texans that year no playoffs the d gave that game away and mark took it back then went into foxboro and out played tommy boy then went to pittsburgh and outplayed big ben oh yeah the d really carried us that game they couldnt stop ben who was having a bad game when it counted. the te bailed him out with some great catchs i know i was there and i could see the pitt fans get panicky at the end. oh and rex called the perfect d and our great cb didnt do his job and stay home and wait for the pick 6 he came up on ben and made it easy for him to end the game.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lol I love this excuse.. There is a difference from a qb "taking " a team to the playoffs from a qb who hopped on the back of best D and run game in league.. Or top 5 in both..
    What 'excuse'? Who is making an excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    i think the play on the field should decide who plays what if its not Mark and its the team around him. what if Geno gets hammered back there and is unproductive. what if Mark out plays him day after day. you want to get rid of the better player because your down on him i have seen him ]go out there and win games and seen him lose games. he killed the pats up there in the playoffs he was spot on he beat the texans at home with that pass to braylon down the sideline he threw 5 int to the bills at home so the knife cuts both ways on Mark. i am not sure if he can ever win in ny again but i am pretty sure he will win in this league again and is a lot better than most people here belive.
    Like I said, if he's here because he cannot be cut, in that it causes too much damage to our cap (namely 17 million spread out over two seasons), then I agree. He should be given the opportunity to compete for the starting job.

But I'm not convinced that he can be the starter. He always seemingly plays great during the preseason, but once the season comes around? He's terrible. He's a turnover machine. So having him here and ultimately playing him could do much more damage than good. He could kill the confidence of an otherwise growing and enthusiastic young team.

Or they could just cut whenever possible and save the team the grief. We all know he's been given more than enough opportunites and every time he's spit the bit. Based on that, I don't believe giving a look is even worth it.

I mean it's not like Sanchez is a competitive young buck. he's been here for 4 years now and he's killed the offense.

So really this is an issue of the cap. No one could possibly think he's worth the money he's getting.

A lot of me thinks getting rid of Sanchez is what is best not only for the team, but also for Sanchez.

I will never understand the argument of Sanchez supporter saying that they hope he shows up and plays well this year..news flash. He has never played well in his nfl career

Year 1 and 2 he rode the coat tails of an elite defeated and good running game and still has completion pct in mid 50s

And year 3 and 4 he was just flat awful with the deer in the headlights look when he was asked to lead this team.

So what possible reason would you think that he would show up in year 5 and miracolusly become a good qb when he had NEVER shown it in 4 years???

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I'm still rooting for the best possible thing that can happen for this team, and that's for Mark to get his act together and play to the potential of a #5 overall pick. If that happens, we not only have a QB that is finally playing at a high level, but we also suddenly have a high value commodity sitting on the bench that we can either go with (ala SD with Rivers over Brees), or we can trade for value in the future.
    This is of course 100%!!!!!

How in the world could you be a Jets fan and hope that a QB on the roster is released and thereby financially hurting your own team!!!

Yea that makes sense!!!!

Good Grief!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Fumes View Post
    Geno needs to start? Didnt we try that experiment once (Sanchez) and fail at it?

And... this is the Jets... you DO KNOW that Sanchez will find his stride AFTER he is not with the Jets and will likely move on and prosper somewhere else, assuming we get rid of him. You do KNOW this is likely to happen, right?

Best outcome includes Sanchez playing well this season. Why? Duh the team gets wins, duh that increases his trade value, and duh that gives Geno time to learn and not have to go in and start producing right away.
    Yes again the same crowd is saying Geno should start regardless of the team around him. \

These are the same folks that were saying Sanchez should start when he was a rookie who turned on Sanchez like rabid dogs once their FF mentality was found to be without any merit!!!!

God, how much pain and suffering do you guys need before enough is enough. Mark is a great kid, now a very rich great kid. Yet ,what he is not is starting QB material in the NFL. If last year did not prove that to you, nothing will. I will not go into all the reasons, that has been done to death
    Needless to say I am in the camp of David G starts GMac backs him up and Geno works and learns and hopefully pushes both guys and starts the following year or when ready.
    We then have one year to see what he has to offer and if he is truly the future. If yes, great we can fill many holes next draft, if not we draft another QB and hope we hit pay dirt in a better class of Qb's next year.
    With luck Geno is the real deal and proves it in T/C and pushes GMac into the third QB spot and he backs up David G.
    One way or the other though, thinking that Mark still has something to offer the Jets is pure fantasy. Best case, Mark is released or traded on or before 6/1 and the Mark Sanchez era finally ends.

Jets Insider VIP
    Exactly the point Charlie

On June 1 Turnover 6 's financial cost to the Jets is the same if he stays or if he goes

If he stays (or god forbid, plays QB) his annual torrent of turnovers guarantees another disaster for the Jets.

If he goes, Jet fans have some reason for hope with Garrard and/or Smith.

The only acceptable middle ground is to let him stay but chained to the bench

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I love you as a poster (some homo); but 6 had more poise than Clemens at every step...there WASN'T any competition!

I think the J E T S jetsjetsjets are more competitive now; errr... we are just north of "almost hopeless".
    We're agreeing with each other. That's exactly what I said. Geno has competition whereas Sanchez did not. (homo_invitation_being_considered)

I am rooting for an honest QB competition.

If Garrard can stay healthy, which is doubtful, he'll probably win out. If not, it will likely be a heads-up between Geno and Sanchez.

I'm not really sure that Sanchez will win that one. Maybe in camp, but can he hold onto it?

If the Jets think that Geno can be the guy, they need to find out during the regular season of 2013. Even if it means losing some games to find out the truth. There's a bumper crop of blue chip QBs coming out next season, and I am sick of the Jets deciding it's time to draft a QB in a bad QB draft.

Maybe this guy has it, maybe he doesn't. But if he doesn't, and they wait too long to find out, it will be the Same Old Jets strategy of striking while the iron is as cold as a witch's t!t.

Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    Clemens took us to the playoffs twice i dont recall that
    Sanchez < Foley

All Pro
    What he has that Sanchez didn't is 300% more college starting experience, an OC and. QB coach. And the opportunity to sit on the bench and learn. What he doesnt have is the pressure to bring a SB victory in his rookie season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Sanchez won't come close to sniffing the starting job.

He'll be given a shot at the QB "competition" but there isn't a chance he's allowed to win the job. He's done as done can be here.

I see what you did there wah wah wee wahhhhh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Exactly the point Charlie

On June 1 Turnover 6 's financial cost to the Jets is the same if he stays or if he goes

If he stays (or god forbid, plays QB) his annual torrent of turnovers guarantees another disaster for the Jets.

If he goes, Jet fans have some reason for hope with Garrard and/or Smith.

The only acceptable middle ground is to let him stay but chained to the bench
    Sorry but it is my humble opinion that keeping Mark on the team and not playing him is a disaster in the making. It will haunt the Jets all season, first by the schism it may create within the team and players taking sides. Second it will give the media pukes fuel for the fire to continue to write and stir the pot the whole season and distract everyone from the job of winning

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    I'm still rooting for the best possible thing that can happen for this team, and that's for Mark to get his act together and play to the potential of a #5 overall pick. If that happens, we not only have a QB that is finally playing at a high level, but we also suddenly have a high value commodity sitting on the bench that we can either go with (ala SD with Rivers over Brees), or we can trade for value in the future.
    sorry but the best possible thing for the Jets is for any QB to step up and win the job and many games! You sound like a cheerleading squad for Sanchez. I wish each QB well. I just hope WRECKS honors his word and allows all the QB on the team to really compete. We all know who he is pulling for. That worries me as I want what is best for the team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This is of course 100%!!!!!

How in the world could you be a Jets fan and hope that a QB on the roster is released and thereby financially hurting your own team!!!

Yea that makes sense!!!!

Good Grief!!!
    and if Sanchez loses the QB competition and sulks like he does after he throws another interception, how does that help the team? Doe sit set a good example for the kid QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    sorry but the best possible thing for the Jets is for any QB to step up and win the job and many games! You sound like a cheerleading squad for Sanchez. I wish each QB well. I just hope WRECKS honors his word and allows all the QB on the team to really compete. We all know who he is pulling for. That worries me as I want what is best for the team.
    I don't know where your getting this crap about Mark being Rex's first choice. Did you watch the last six games last year ? Did you see the last two when Rex looked like he was going to personally kick Sanchez's ass. Yeah I know all about the " Mark gives us the best chance to win" speech. I was sick of hearing it as well , maybe Rex was sick of saying it too. Yet,look what he had to work with, Tebow who must have been a disaster in practice trying to run a conventional offense. An face it we certainly did not have the personal to run the option offense, so starting Tim was not the answer in any means shape or form. They did try McElroy and his first time in was a huge spark and the results speak for themselves. This with the same players Mark was stinking up the joint with. Yet as we all saw with the Titans game,the kid was just not ready.
    What many here who think Mark is Rex's boy tend to forget is,Rex was all aboard on the plan to bring in Manning and start him over Mark last year. If Rex as well as the Jets were so sure that Mark was the answer and future, do you really believe they would have attempted that signing ? No friend, company line in public was totally different then what was being discussed behind closed doors. It is my belief that the Jets and the coaching staff knew as early as 2011 that Mark was not the QB to take us to the championship we all hope for. Thus the attempt to bring Payton in to get the team on track.
    Again my own belief is that Rex is as done with Mark as many of the fans are. An if you think Rex is going to hang his coaching career on the coat tails of Mark Sanchez, then you don't have a clue who Rex is and should not be making the assumption that Mark is Rex's boy.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    I don't know where your getting this crap about Mark being Rex's first choice. Did you watch the last six games last year ? Did you see the last two when Rex looked like he was going to personally kick Sanchez's ass. Yeah I know all about the " Mark gives us the best chance to win" speech. I was sick of hearing it as well , maybe Rex was sick of saying it too. Yet,look what he had to work with, Tebow who must have been a disaster in practice trying to run a conventional offense. An face it we certainly did not have the personal to run the option offense, so starting Tim was not the answer in any means shape or form. They did try McElroy and his first time in was a huge spark and the results speak for themselves. This with the same players Mark was stinking up the joint with. Yet as we all saw with the Titans game,the kid was just not ready.
    What many here who think Mark is Rex's boy tend to forget is,Rex was all aboard on the plan to bring in Manning and start him over Mark last year. If Rex as well as the Jets were so sure that Mark was the answer and future, do you really believe they would have attempted that signing ? No friend, company line in public was totally different then what was being discussed behind closed doors. It is my belief that the Jets and the coaching staff knew as early as 2011 that Mark was not the QB to take us to the championship we all hope for. Thus the attempt to bring Payton in to get the team on track.
    Again my own belief is that Rex is as done with Mark as many of the fans are. An if you think Rex is going to hang his coaching career on the coat tails of Mark Sanchez, then you don't have a clue who Rex is and should not be making the assumption that Mark is Rex's boy.
    All you had to do was see Rex's glare after the Titans loss which took the Jets out of the playoff hunt. I don't think I've ever seen anyone project so much anger in their expression. At the end of the game he stalked by Sanchez without even looking at him, which was good because if he had it would probably have killed Mark.