Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Positive Article about Geno ...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Yep - pile it on. This is how A Football Life or a 30 for 30 documentary begins.
    Yea I hope he has one for a good reason that is>

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    He's recorded on video right after being drafted answering the question "Why did you change your mind and decide to come back to RCMH on Day 2 of the NFL Draft after saying you wouldn't because you weren't drafted in the first round"? He said he did it for his 'family and supporters'.

There were multiple reports Thursday night that he had announced he wasn't coming back. Yet the consensus whining about the media is that he wasn't a 'diva' until after the Jets drafted him and there were no negative stories reported before he was drafted, only after. Yet everyone was reporting the story that he was taking his ball and going home in a huff before the Jets had anything to do with him. So bit of an impossibility there, can't have it both ways.
    It's a leading question that presupposes he intended on leaving. I would think anyone would at least consider leaving after a day like he had, but did at any point did he actually decide to leave? I'm not that convinced.

Keep in mind, I've no horse in this race, I'm not a Jets fan (or particularly a Smith backer). And I certainly could be completely wrong.

To me all of this Smith coverage just reeks of lazy, hack journalism (so pretty much the usual ESPN type coverage)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by titanbuoy View Post
    It's a leading question that presupposes he intended on leaving. I would think anyone would at least consider leaving after a day like he had, but did at any point did he actually decide to leave? I'm not that convinced.

Keep in mind, I've no horse in this race, I'm not a Jets fan (or particularly a Smith backer). And despite I certainly could be completely wrong.

To me all of this Smith coverage just all reeks of lazy, hack journalism (so pretty much the usual ESPN type coverage)
    That answer acknowledges that he planned on not coming back and his mind was changed. If not he would have said something like "I always planned to come back, those reports were not true despite the fact that I told Suzy Kolber of ESPN that I was going home and not coming back".